PDA

View Full Version : In regards to MCT

Locke
11-19-08, 05:29 AM
I'm heading back down south to Camp Pendleton for MCT here coming up on the second. Any words of advice, or information on what to expect? I had a little difficulty with the crucible, and hiking is far from being my strong point. Should I be worried about that?

Phantom Blooper
11-19-08, 06:04 AM
Who are you?
Who are you?
Who, who, who, who?
Who, who, who, who?
Who are you?
Who are you?
Who, who, who, who?
Who, who, who, who?
Who are you?
Who are you?
Who, who, who, who?
Who, who, who, who?
Who are you?
Who are you?
Who, who, who, who?
Who, who, who, who? :evilgrin:

brian21johansen
11-19-08, 06:05 AM
Yea your gonna be hiking a lot, especially when you go to the rifle ranges. Every day is a long ass hike to and from each of the different ranges. Also it might start getting a little cold when your down there, but it shouldn't be too bad. Your biggest problem is going to be hygiene. Make sure you shower every day! This seems like common sense but it is hard to do because of the huge lines and other factors. When you go to the range you won't have any running water either so make sure you stock up on baby wipes. I hate to admit it but there were weeks when we would only use baby wipes because it was so freaking cold out and we were being little girls and wouldn't take showers. Make sure you use baby wipes and you should be somewhat safe. As far as food, we got issued I think 3 or 6 MRE's and it was up to us to ration those out but obviously eat 1 per meal. You will eat nothing but MRE's when your there except for the first week and last couple of days. If you have any questions just ask because there is so much stuff that goes on and I can't even imagine where to begin when it comes to MCT.

Let's just say that MCT was the greatest thing I've done in my Marine Corps career so far. Most people honestly hate it but I loved every minute of it.....it actually made me feel like a real Marine. I would go back in a heart beat if they let me.

brian21johansen
11-19-08, 06:09 AM
Who are you?
Who are you?
Who, who, who, who?
Who, who, who, who?
Who are you?
Who are you?
Who, who, who, who?
Who, who, who, who?
Who are you?
Who are you?
Who, who, who, who?
Who, who, who, who?
Who are you?
Who are you?
Who, who, who, who?
Who, who, who, who? :evilgrin:

Oh yea..............

fill out your freakin profile

Achped
11-19-08, 09:10 AM
You can expect tough and effective training from the NCOs and SNCOs in charge of you that ensures your survival in the combat environment. <br />
<br />
I'm sure I've heard that somewhere...hmm... <br />
<br />
Buy toe...

Locke
11-19-08, 10:58 PM
Is the hiking anything like it was in Recruit Training, or more patrolling, what?

Echo_Four_Bravo
11-19-08, 11:52 PM
You have to move from place to place, and your feet will be what gets you there. Humps are a part of your life, at least for now.

I don't know how they're doing it now, but it seems to me that we probably went faster in MCT than we did in boot camp.

ecom
11-20-08, 02:29 AM
Is the hiking anything like it was in Recruit Training, or more patrolling, what?

You take all your stuff and take it to the various ranges for that day's exercises. The distance can be a couple miles and you will be carrying more gear. IIRC, in boot camp, I only wore the PASGT helmet and H-harness. In MCT I body armor also.

Mindgame
11-22-08, 01:57 AM
Make sure you bring your locks from bootcamp. Believe me on this one. People are thieves.... Yes even Marines.

As for the hiking. It wasn't bad. The longest we did was about 7 miles from Camp Devil Dog to the range. Everyday you will be hiking though. Thats pretty much you only mode of transportation.

tampabay3990
11-23-08, 11:07 PM
i just graduated from PI, I'm headed to MCT on the east coast tomorrow. Is there any down time at MCT?

brian21johansen
11-23-08, 11:27 PM
i just graduated from PI, I'm headed to MCT on the east coast tomorrow. Is there any down time at MCT?

hahaha yes tons of it. I'm not being sarcastic either. There will be times when you will be waiting in line forever to shoot one of the weapons..............or you'll shot first and wait over an hour for everybody else to get a turn.

brian21johansen
11-23-08, 11:51 PM
But if your talking about down time to do what you want..............no. You'll have plenty of time to clean your rifle and study your knowledge though. :)

Wyoming
11-24-08, 12:46 AM
Make sure you bring your locks from bootcamp. Believe me on this one. People are thieves.... Yes even Marines.

As for the hiking. It wasn't bad. The longest we did was about 7 miles from Camp Devil Dog to the range. Everyday you will be hiking though. Thats pretty much you only mode of transportation.

That's a pretty sad state we have gotten ourselves into.

We were able to leave our stuff on our cot in the RVN and that is where it would be when we returned.

Same thing in the barracks at MCAF. Had 2 wall lockers and no lock.

PaidinBlood
11-24-08, 06:04 AM
I'm not saying it's right, but around us, anything issued is likely to disappear, personal items probably ok. 99% of the time personal things are stolen, it is the brokedick or the legal clown. Start by looking at the kid who's made it two years so far and not gone anywhere. Your poncho might just grow legs, though.

Achped
11-24-08, 11:27 AM
hahaha yes tons of it. I'm not being sarcastic either. There will be times when you will be waiting in line forever to shoot one of the weapons..............or you'll shot first and wait over an hour for everybody else to get a turn.

You boots man, I tell you.

Everyone says the same stuff about MCT. Its so booorriiinnggg theres so much down time.

You realize there was down time in boot too right? Its just you were getting slayed in the pit or quarterdeck when there wasn't really any training going on.

Why are you guys so hard charging anyways? **** man, we lay down on our flaks and kevlars and look at the beautiful Hawaiian waters crash into the cliffs when its not our turn to shoot. Stop being so moto! :iwo: