PDA

View Full Version : Marine Corps Martial Arts?

MakeWay4TheAk
11-19-08, 12:39 AM
I've searched the forums, and I can't find an answer to this.
During recruit training you become a tan belt In Marine Corps martial arts, but what if you want to further your martial arts training? Is is taught at an MOS school, or can you even become a higher belt?

Thanks in advance.

:iwo:

1topher
11-19-08, 01:32 AM
the courses are aval on line ---guess what type in mcmap and you get all the courses in pdf,, first read those pdf's before even thinking of higher belts,,, okat since prob got a 10 on the asvab ill help you out brother
1)boot camp
2)mct
3)mos school
4)fleet
5) hey nco ---give me your belt or do you want me to take it from you,, thats how it works if you can take a belt off somebody you get that belt.....

write those steps down

Pete0331
11-19-08, 01:34 AM
I've searched the forums, and I can't find an answer to this.
During recruit training you become a tan belt In Marine Corps martial arts, but what if you want to further your martial arts training? Is is taught at an MOS school, or can you even become a higher belt?

Thanks in advance.

:iwo:

When you get to the Fleet you may have the opportunity.
You rank depends on how far you can go after Green belt.

Belt precidence: Tan, Grey, Green, Brown, Black.

Pete0331
11-19-08, 01:36 AM
5) hey nco ---give me your belt or do you want me to take it from you,, thats how it works if you can take a belt off somebody you get that belt.....

Not true.

1topher
11-19-08, 06:09 AM
if you were still in the Corps maybe you would know I was joking,,,,,,,,or you could go down to your s shop and ask for them to move you up a belt,,,, but only if you want to get non rec,,,,,,or you could take judo, karate lessons in the gym with mccs so when mcmap comes around you are down

0231Marine
11-19-08, 06:39 AM
if you were still in the Corps maybe you would know I was joking,,,,,,,,or you could go down to your s shop and ask for them to move you up a belt,,,, but only if you want to get non rec,,,,,,or you could take judo, karate lessons in the gym with mccs so when mcmap comes around you are down

1) Fill out your profile

2) Use proper punctuation and grammar

3) If you can't do #2, then take the Spelling and Grammar MCI

4) If you're not going to be serious about helping these poolee's with their questions, then shut your mouth

-Somewhere right now, a village is missing it's idiot. Maybe you should go home!

1topher
11-19-08, 06:52 AM
well I might be incorrect Cpl. but it is not good OpSec to give your name rank area all the info that Marines give up so easily, I think its dangerous that so much info is given away so easily,, I may be in Oki and all we do is watch AFN but I know people have seen those OPSEC commercials,

Okay I'll play nice with the poolees,, I wont bite,

I will never fill out my profile,

0231Marine
11-19-08, 07:05 AM
well I might be incorrect Cpl. but it is not good OpSec to give your name rank area all the info that Marines give up so easily, I think its dangerous that so much info is given away so easily,, I may be in Oki and all we do is watch AFN but I know people have seen those OPSEC commercials,

Okay I'll play nice with the poolees,, I wont bite,

I will never fill out my profile,

Ok, well then you will never post on here again. The rules on the site dictate that you give general information. You don't have to fill out your name but you need to fill out the rest of your profile if you want to participate on this site.

1topher
11-19-08, 07:25 AM
guess I will go back to doing my work then,, Leatherneck does take up alot of time away from the work day.

0231Marine
11-19-08, 07:28 AM
Well seeing as how you're in Okinawa, I would think you were off of work?

TJR1070
11-19-08, 07:33 AM
Smells like Bullsit around here! I also don't think his village misses him.

UsmcMotorT
11-19-08, 10:07 AM
To become a higher belt you must challenge someone with a higher belt. The winner will win the highest of the two belts whereas the loser will get the lowest of the two.

My suggestion is to look for the blackbelt and go for it!

MakeWay4TheAk
11-19-08, 02:44 PM
OK, cool. Thanks to everyone who had something valuable to say.

Haha, ill be sure to do that UsmcMotorT.

NoRemorse
11-20-08, 08:39 AM
To become a higher belt you must challenge someone with a higher belt. The winner will win the highest of the two belts whereas the loser will get the lowest of the two.

My suggestion is to look for the blackbelt and go for it!

They don't call it the Thunderdome for nuthin'.

amarine0311
11-20-08, 09:51 AM
I don't think he is a Marine (1topher)...smells like a poser to me!!!

Pete0331
11-20-08, 10:15 AM
I don't think he is a Marine (1topher)...smells like a poser to me!!!

His profile seems legit to me...;)

About 1topher
Rank
E-4
Year Exited Marine Corps
Still in Service

That's the entire profile. :evilgrin:

JWorkDI
11-20-08, 10:57 AM
Where do you guys get those signatures boxes from?

rvillac2
11-20-08, 12:09 PM
Where do you guys get those signatures boxes from?
you can click on them.
www.militarysignatures.com (http://www.militarysignatures.com)

JWorkDI
11-20-08, 12:44 PM
Thanks

Scottie0417
11-20-08, 12:57 PM
JWorkDI, I remember reading an article about you a while ago before I joined the Corps...Thank you for your service and Semper Fi brother

JWorkDI
11-20-08, 01:00 PM
JWorkDI, I remember reading an article about you a while ago before I joined the Corps...Thank you for your service and Semper Fi brother

Yes, there have been a few. I don't like to talk myself up at all but thanks anyways.

MintusMaximus
11-22-08, 12:41 AM
Wow...so much bad information.

MCMAP... you start as an entry elvel Tan Belt in Boot Camp. To be honest it' s joke. You learn all the wrong things the wrong way.

When you get ot your MOS School you MIGHT be afforded the oppertunity to progress in belts by going through a course w/ a certified MAI (Martial Arts Instructor).

The Ethos being MCMAP is to build up endurance... so alot of the courses are combat PT based. Pending who your teacher is you will either think MCMAP is a joke or amazing. Alot of the techniques in Grey/Green/Brown/Black are very very useful and can be executed in real life situations. Tan belt is more of a basic understanding of body positioning execution of basic strikes.

I do Kenpo Karate and thought MCMAP was a joke until I took my Grey Belt course w/ Ssgt Fuller (Camp Courtney Guard Chief YUUUUUT!) Grey belt didn't have any techniques nessesarily better than what i'd already been trained in. However the PT was insane and broke me off every day. (I have a 250+ PFT on average and a pretty good CFT) but the Mentoring sessions that are encompassed w/ the courses inspired and motivated me. It made me want to be an instructor.

So ... I say once you hit the fleet look for an instructor. If you arn't PTing w/ that instructor he's a joke and you shouldn't even bother wasting your time pursuing a course w/ him.

SlingerDun
11-22-08, 03:14 AM
MCMAP... you start as an entry elvel Tan Belt in Boot Camp. To be honest it' s joke....Pending who your teacher is you will either think MCMAP is a joke or amazing.... I thought MCMAP was a joke until I took my Grey Belt course w/ Ssgt Fuller... So ... I say once you hit the fleet look for an instructor. If you arn't PTing w/ that instructor he's a joke.So Maximus tells you: MCMAP is basically a joke unless a Marine makes it a career and finds an apprenticeship at the Shaolin temple with the bullet proof monk....
I do Kenpo KarateAhhh okay, I trained Greco/Freestyle and Collegiate starting at age 8 and later coached, yut. Most Marines who may need to slug it out someday will never be a Karate Kid and the basic MCMA "jokes' learned before they hit the fleet may help keep them from gettin stretched out cold
Wow...so much bad informationhttp://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images/icons/icon6.gif

1topher
11-22-08, 08:31 AM
The Px at foster is on top of the hill, the chow hall is down the street from the band,,

mcas between kinser and foster,,

just cause I dont fill out my profile, why should I give up info, the rules say so,, --please, I dont wear a glow strap for pt,, -Im not going to fill out a profile, pft 300 pro/cons 4.6 will leave the Marine Corps a millionaire because I save money and dont go down to Coco's for curry every day

Enigmatic
11-22-08, 11:20 AM
The Px at foster is on top of the hill, the chow hall is down the street from the band,,

mcas between kinser and foster,,

just cause I dont fill out my profile, why should I give up info, the rules say so,, --please, I dont wear a glow strap for pt,, -Im not going to fill out a profile, pft 300 pro/cons 4.6 will leave the Marine Corps a millionaire because I save money and dont go down to Coco's for curry every day

Down the street from the band? No one knows where the hell the III MEF Band is unless they're in the band...hmm, maybe that's why you don't want to fill out your profile. You ashamed of being in the band? Come on, we're all Marines here....and sh*t son, at least buy ME some Cocos. Beef cutlet curry, 300 grms rice, cheese in sauce, level 3 please. Arigato gozaimas.

1topher
11-22-08, 05:52 PM
I am not in the band - I chill on wharehouse row,, I try not to eat out,,, I eat all my meals at the chow hall to save money.,, the only time I leave base is when I am on the green line

MintusMaximus
11-22-08, 10:28 PM
So Maximus tells you: MCMAP is basically a joke unless a Marine makes it a career and finds an apprenticeship at the Shaolin temple with the bullet proof monk....Ahhh okay, I trained Greco/Freestyle and Collegiate starting at age 8 and later coached, yut. Most Marines who may need to slug it out someday will never be a Karate Kid and the basic MCMA "jokes' learned before they hit the fleet may help keep them from gettin stretched out coldhttp://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images/icons/icon6.gif

No ... in BootCamp it is. In most Company sized classes it is. If you have ever been to a 'MC-Ninja' academy you would know that msot ppl just get shot putting through the belt system.

As far as keeping them from getting stretched out cold? Have you SEEN the Basic Warrior stance that is taught in bootcamp? That'll get you leveled right there.

BTW ... I love CoCo's ... nuff said. I can only handle a lvl 4 though.

MintusMaximus
11-23-08, 01:06 AM
*Double Post*

Sorry I think I might have missed what I was trying to get across. If you are in the Marine Corps as of current. You know 99.9% of Marines become disenchanted w/ Hand to hand combat after their first taste of MCMAP.

However if you look into the Ethos/Goal of MCMAP you find that if it was done in bootcamp / most courses the way it was intended. Attitudes would be 100% different.

That's what I was meaning to say.