PDA

View Full Version : Work Out Music.

COFields
11-17-08, 01:35 PM
So when I am working out, I listen to music. The kind of music that pumps me up, tells me I can keep going! You know what I mean? But I only have one song on my mp3 that really pumps me up, so I have it on repeat when I work out. This gets really boring... So, if you have any favorite work-out music that pumps you up, share it with me so I can check some out! Also... I'm mostly into rock, it's great if club music pumps you up, but it doesn't do it for me. So, mainly rock songs that pump you up, Thanks!

kash
11-17-08, 02:14 PM
I listen to cadences when im running but when im at the gym usually stuff like Knives Exchanging Hands, Dilated Peoples, or some other rock.

COFields
11-17-08, 02:15 PM
What is cadences? Never heard of that.

kash
11-17-08, 02:20 PM
Sorry should have been more clear. Running Cadences. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQ5Az8pHeZs

COFields
11-17-08, 02:24 PM
Sounds good. Thanks.

Enigmatic
11-17-08, 02:32 PM
I listen to some Slipknot. Some Pantera. AC/DC. Metallica. You know what song pumps me up more than any song in the world though? Alan Jackson's "Where Were You When The World Stopped Turning". That song reminds me why I decided to join the finest fighting force in the world. That song gets me MOTIVATED!!

mjs2000us
11-17-08, 02:34 PM
Hey,

I've found "Theory of a Deadman" a good workout..."Hating Hollywood" or "Bad Girlfriend" are my faves. Nine inch nails and Fallout Boy work too. "Warrior" by Kid Rock is cool too.

Garrett90
11-17-08, 03:08 PM
never gunna give you up. rick roll

degenerate138
11-17-08, 03:11 PM
You wanna hear a moto song? Try Eminem & Nate Dogg - Till I Collapse

Now that **** is moto.

Sonic13
11-17-08, 03:13 PM
I listen to underoath and alexisonfire

duarte
11-17-08, 03:23 PM
try "let the bodies hit the floor", "i stand alone", "gonna fly now", "princes of the universe", and "window shopper"

Fender104
11-17-08, 03:59 PM
Run Caddences are the best, I listen to both marine cadences and navy seal stuff the navy seal stuff has more of a story to them they are pretty cool.

SlingerDun
11-17-08, 04:48 PM
never gunna give you up. rick rollhehehehehehehe ah yes:call:

KidnapSix
11-17-08, 04:54 PM
Alkaline Trio ftw

Solofo
11-17-08, 05:11 PM
I listen to music occasionally.But I find that to many people are dependent on music to workout,so if there si no music they get discouraged and don't want to workout.

Music is fine but don't be dependent on it.

kash
11-17-08, 05:25 PM
I listen to music occasionally.But I find that to many people are dependent on music to workout,so if there si no music they get discouraged and don't want to workout.

Music is fine but don't be dependent on it.
Yeah I use to lisen to music 24/7 and couldnt run without it or workout. Now im getting use to running without my zune because like my dad said "you wont have that thing in boot".

Rains
11-17-08, 06:07 PM
I'll name ya a few songs that pump me up the most.

-Tears dont Fall by Bullet for my Valentine
-Scream Aim Fire by Bullet for my Valentine
-Hand of Blood by Bullet for my Valentine
-No Control by Bullet for my Valentine
-All these Things I Hate by Bullet for my Valentine
-Panasonic Youth by The Dillenger Escape Plan
-Game On by Disciple
-Regime Change by Disciple
-Fired Up...Feels Good a Run to Cadence
-Animal I have Become by Three Days Grace
-Just Like You by Three Days Grace
-Empire of the Gun by God Forbid
-My Apocalypse by Metallica

Got alot more but I dont want to type them all out. Thsoe are my favorite though.

Rains
11-17-08, 06:13 PM
And pretty much all random screamo metal can pump ya up. :D

jetdoc
11-17-08, 06:44 PM
Yeah I use to lisen to music 24/7 and couldnt run without it or workout. Now im getting use to running without my zune because like my dad said "you wont have that thing in boot".

Didn't you hear? You can bring your Ipods to Bootcamp now...freaken cool.

CplKJSpevak
11-17-08, 06:46 PM
P.O.D is good,,it's intense with a positive message!

Rains
11-17-08, 06:48 PM
That Reminds me... Rage Agianst the Machine is a great "pumper up-er"
So is linkin park(my favorite song from them -One Step Closer-).

COFields
11-17-08, 07:16 PM
I listen to underoath and alexisonfire
Good ****!

I like them both!

SGT7477
11-17-08, 07:54 PM
Good old time Rock-N-Roll, OOHRAH.

bstewar09
11-17-08, 08:13 PM
Alkaline Trio ftw

Matt Skiba is a god amongst men. Some of the Alkaline trio's stuff is alright but I usually go with old school rap and some rock. The message song behind this song is pretty much the motivating thing I've heard to. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1kgZLgWpb8 Its called What Happened by H2O

COFields
11-17-08, 08:58 PM
Alkaline Trio was good. Not anymore..

teamshadowzero
11-18-08, 10:31 AM
You wanna hear a moto song? Try Eminem & Nate Dogg - Till I Collapse

Now that **** is moto.

Yeah, I have that song for when I'm doing pretty much any workout. I don't usually listen to rap, but Eminem seems to put my spirits into overdrive.

Linkin Park, Disturbed, Puddle of Mudd, and all other kinds of rock cause me to push for the 110% line.:D

degenerate138
11-18-08, 11:27 AM
Right on. I listen to a lot of heavy metal when I work out, too. It fires me the **** up and really gets my adrenaline going, I love it.

Children of Bodom, Kalmah, In Flames, just to name a few.

0231Marine
11-18-08, 11:40 AM
How about Yanni? Or maybe some Sinatra!!!

alauver
11-18-08, 11:44 AM
What about some real music? Music that will really pump you up?

Try some Alesana, As I Lay Dying, Hatebreed, Black My Heart, Boy Hits Car, Boy Sets Fire, Catherine, It Dies Today, Dear Whoever, Burden of Day, Bless the Fall, As Cities Burn.

Check em out. Also checkout crossfit.com. If you don't already know about it, get to know about it.

0231Marine
11-18-08, 11:45 AM
As Cities Burn is good. Also, try Atreyu, Senses Fail and Story of the Year

alauver
11-18-08, 11:53 AM
0231Marine, I think were on the same page. Those bands are awsome. I could probably go on for days about good bands. If anyone likes more of a slow, jam session band, check out Perpetual Groove.

thezero
11-18-08, 01:07 PM
Five Finger Death Punch all the way. Motley Crue is good.

Rains
11-18-08, 01:48 PM
Right on. I listen to a lot of heavy metal when I work out, too. It fires me the **** up and really gets my adrenaline going, I love it.

Children of Bodom, Kalmah, In Flames, just to name a few.

You bet it does, I love it. :thumbup:

thezero- Five Finger Death Punch is good too.

COFields
11-18-08, 03:16 PM
What about some real music? Music that will really pump you up?

Try some Alesana, As I Lay Dying, Hatebreed, Black My Heart, Boy Hits Car, Boy Sets Fire, Catherine, It Dies Today, Dear Whoever, Burden of Day, Bless the Fall, As Cities Burn.

Check em out. Also checkout crossfit.com. If you don't already know about it, get to know about it.

Alesana is horrible, wussy ass ****. Some of the people you said are good but most of them seem like "emo" ****. Boy Hits Car? Boy Sets Fire? Haha. And Bless The Fall is nothing but emo. Tight pant wearin' homos.

Rains
11-18-08, 03:24 PM
Honestly... there are so many freakin good bands you get bogged down. :no::no:

SGT7477
11-18-08, 04:51 PM
Like the DI Band all that is required is you stand on the yellow foot prints and rock-n-roll.

alauver
11-18-08, 08:25 PM
Alesana is horrible, wussy ass ****. Some of the people you said are good but most of them seem like "emo" ****. Boy Hits Car? Boy Sets Fire? Haha. And Bless The Fall is nothing but emo. Tight pant wearin' homos.

HA your right buddy. If you don't like Boy Hits Car or Boy Sets Fire, especially there old stuff, i can't really dig your taste in music. What you got on your play list there hard azz?

Abyss
11-18-08, 08:27 PM
Disturbed gets me pumped.

SlingerDun
11-18-08, 09:11 PM
Rather than music, radio talk show, books on audio whatever have you all tried solving problems or puzzles while your working out?

Example: running an incline, legs burning lungs heaving and trying to cypher a crossword puzzle. It's good training and hard work. Not only does it take your mind off the painful reality of the moment, it helps you concentrate under pressure. I will occasionally set up chess positions in my head which can be done with about any workout activity, even lap swimming.

Other times when hiking and hurting i'll imagine a birds eye view of the surrounding terrain and fix my position in the world. Taking in as many topo features as i can in every direction. Estimating altitudes, azimuth, distances.... it's a good mental exercise that takes extra effort, optimizing a workout.

In the real world it often starts out agonizing combining two disciplines, as time flies you suddenly realize the last ten minutes or so have been almost pain free.

It's not necessarily ignoring pain, thats the bi-product. I learned this technique from shoeing horses. The work itself makes one burn and ache but the technician needs to get passed that because enduring pain is not what were getting paid for. I still need to concentrate on the actual task at hand.

--->Dave

CalahanD
11-19-08, 04:41 AM
War Pigs has got to be the greatest. OZZY BABY

Rains
11-19-08, 03:34 PM
Rather than music, radio talk show, books on audio whatever have you all tried solving problems or puzzles while your working out?

Example: running an incline, legs burning lungs heaving and trying to cypher a crossword puzzle. It's good training and hard work. Not only does it take your mind off the painful reality of the moment, it helps you concentrate under pressure. I will occasionally set up chess positions in my head which can be done with about any workout activity, even lap swimming.

Other times when hiking and hurting i'll imagine a birds eye view of the surrounding terrain and fix my position in the world. Taking in as many topo features as i can in every direction. Estimating altitudes, azimuth, distances.... it's a good mental exercise that takes extra effort, optimizing a workout.

In the real world it often starts out agonizing combining two disciplines, as time flies you suddenly realize the last ten minutes or so have been almost pain free.

It's not necessarily ignoring pain, thats the bi-product. I learned this technique from shoeing horses. The work itself makes one burn and ache but the technician needs to get passed that because enduring pain is not what were getting paid for. I still need to concentrate on the actual task at hand.

--->Dave

You know... I never thought of that, I'll have to give that a try.

Sgt Jim
11-19-08, 06:32 PM
The only songs or music you will hear will be from your DI screaming in your ear.

Rains
11-19-08, 06:47 PM
The only songs or music you will hear will be from your DI screaming in your ear.

Awsome :yes::no:

NicholasITALY
11-19-08, 07:15 PM
Here are some I listen to:

USMC Running Cadences
P.O.D. - Here Comes the boom
We were born to lead
Let the bodies hit the floor
Lies lies lies
Outta my way
Saturday night's allright for fighting
Animal I have become
Where ever I may roam
Do you call my name.

Can't remember all the artists sorry.

Rains
11-19-08, 08:17 PM
LOL-COFeilds, hope ya find stuff ya like.;)

Oh and Drowning Pool is another one of my favorite bands... forgot to add it.

NicholasITALY
11-20-08, 07:04 AM
Oh yeah, I forgot this song..

Die Mother****er Die - Dope :beer:

0231Marine
11-20-08, 07:08 AM
Korn is good...Freak on a Leash or Ya'll Wanna Single!

COFields
11-20-08, 02:15 PM
Y'all wanna single say **** that! **** that **** THAT!

THAT AINT IT
11-20-08, 05:57 PM
So there's this band called Suicide Silence and every single one of their songs makes me want to kill someone, you guys should check it out.

Sonic13
11-20-08, 06:13 PM
Cofields, dont use the term Emo, because there's no such thing as Emo. Emo is a term used for people with a lesser intelligence for music who try to criticize something they don't like. Doesn't all music have some sort of EMOtion in it? I listen to Thursday, Underoath, Saosin, Circa Survive, The Used, would you call them Emo? Would you call me Emo? Because im pretty sure you must listen to that MTV hard rock **** considering you just posted some Korn lyrics (talk about a sell out band), dont mind me though, im tired of people using the term Emo. I've been playing guitar in bands since i was in highschool, which is why i get so offended.

jetdoc
11-20-08, 06:35 PM
Polka is the best....that or square dancing, if you want to get really crazy.

degenerate138
11-20-08, 07:06 PM
Excuse me LCpl, but I'm pretty sure even emo kids call themselves emo.

Rains
11-20-08, 07:12 PM
Emo (pronounced /ˈiːmoʊ/ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:IPA_for_English)) is a genre of music that originated from hardcore punk (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hardcore_punk) <SUP class=reference id=cite_ref-0>[1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emo#cite_note-0)</SUP> and later adopted pop punk (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pop_punk) influences when it became mainstream in the US.
It has since come to describe several variations of music with common roots and associated fashion and stereotypes.
In the mid-1980s, the term emo described a subgenre of hardcore punk (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hardcore_punk) which stemmed from the Washington, D.C. music scene (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_of_Washington,_D.C.). In later years, the term emocore, short for "emotional hardcore", was also used to describe the emotional performances of bands in the Washington, D.C. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washington,_D.C.) scene and some of the offshoot regional scenes such as Rites of Spring (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rites_of_Spring_(band)), Embrace (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embrace_(U.S._band)), One Last Wish (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Last_Wish), Beefeater (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beefeater_(band)), Gray Matter (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gray_Matter_(band)), Fire Party (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_Party), and later, Moss Icon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moss_Icon)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Just thought I'd throw that in there to mabye clear shtuff up, incase we are about to have an argument on our hands. :confused:

COFields
11-20-08, 08:41 PM
Cofields, dont use the term Emo, because there's no such thing as Emo. Emo is a term used for people with a lesser intelligence for music who try to criticize something they don't like. Doesn't all music have some sort of EMOtion in it? I listen to Thursday, Underoath, Saosin, Circa Survive, The Used, would you call them Emo? Would you call me Emo? Because im pretty sure you must listen to that MTV hard rock **** considering you just posted some Korn lyrics (talk about a sell out band), dont mind me though, im tired of people using the term Emo. I've been playing guitar in bands since i was in highschool, which is why i get so offended.

I understand where you're coming from, and i have all of Circa Survive's cds, I've seen Underoath in concert, I have both Saosin CD's, Seen Thursday live and like them too.. The Used, ehh.. I like that "Box Of Sharp Objects" song. That one was cool.. Man, ive bought 2 different guitars and tried to learn how to play and got frustrated both times and sold the guitars, or i ran out of money and couldnt take lessons anymore.. You should teach me how to play! I want to wail! haha. Anyway, Im talking about all of these new bands that all sound the same and yadda yadda. All have similar names, etc. Circa Survive and all of them may look kind of emo-ish.. But they have talent and are very unique in their musical style, especially Circa. That's not what I meant. But i see the misunderstanding and I apologize if I have offended you. I graduated almost 2 years ago (in May) and my time in high school is when the whole wave of "emo" hit.. And it's just stupid. The make-up, etc.

sparkie
11-20-08, 08:57 PM
Try these bands,,,, OMG,,,,, WTF?,,,,,,,,[ Am I in the wrong room??]

COFields
11-20-08, 09:01 PM
No, welcome home Comrade. Welcome home.

Sonic13
11-20-08, 09:19 PM
Emo is a style, not a genre of music. Just call it post-hardcore. Im good friends with Geoff from Thursday, thats why it ****es me off with the whole Emo thing, because i feel horrible that such a talented band sometimes falls into that "genre". BTW, i just got the On Letting Go album cover tattooed on my left inner bicep, those guys are from philly my home town to! Cofields, stay good with those bands, not many people in the Marine Corps ever even heard anything close to what some of those bands play, you gotta spread the word! Can't tell you how many Marines i've gotten to get into some of those bands lol.

COFields
11-20-08, 09:45 PM
Yeah, that album cover is cool.
Myself & my girlfriend like Juturna a lot also. There hasn't really been one song by them that I haven't enjoyed. Good stuff man. I'll have to keep in touch with you.

ecom
11-21-08, 12:06 AM
No one's mentioned this song yet.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQXECBdPgEA

COFields
11-21-08, 01:50 PM
Haha. That video is gay as hell. All the dudes in banana hammocks.

DGardner
11-22-08, 01:53 PM
Any and all music by 311.

buffa1oso1di3r
11-22-08, 02:55 PM
I listen to "Blow Me Away" or any other rock with a heavy beat to it.

COFields
11-22-08, 03:05 PM
311 is great. Especially their older stuff...

Who is "Blow Me Away" by?

buffa1oso1di3r
11-22-08, 03:06 PM
Breaking Benjamin.

COFields
11-22-08, 03:13 PM
They're pretty good. I liked a few songs.

buffa1oso1di3r
11-22-08, 03:15 PM
Ah. I also like running to "Indestructible" by Disturbed.

COFields
11-22-08, 03:16 PM
I like the new song by Disturbed that goes something like
"Devon, number eleven, she's just another lost soul blah blah blah"

I like their old stuff MUCH more. I havent even touched the new album at all, but the album Believe and everything before that one is fantastic.

DD88
11-23-08, 05:58 PM
Try this: We were born to lead

Scottie0417
11-23-08, 06:27 PM
Anything by Tool

COFields
11-24-08, 01:09 PM
Tool is good. They have a couple songs on the new Guitar Hero it's great.

degenerate138
11-24-08, 03:49 PM
All you need is metal!

JamesMShaw
11-24-08, 06:35 PM
If you want a little spin on the traditional cadences, try this: http://www.youtube.com/user/Devildogwellens

LandsNGrooves
11-26-08, 12:54 AM

I with you on this one. Do you guys wear slip ons and mailbags too?

I have lots of metal I listen to, But Unearth just seems to be best for straight sets. Nothing has ever made running not boring tho.Tv's at the gym, car crashes along the road.Running is still boring.

Also good is more uptempo COB,Pagans Mind and such. I tried some Dillenger but all the multimeter stuff dosent lend when to keeping a good pace.

LandsNGrooves
11-26-08, 12:57 AM

I couldnt click the back button fast enough.

PaidinBlood
11-26-08, 01:03 AM
If you want a little spin on the traditional cadences, try this: http://www.youtube.com/user/Devildogwellens

That CD is a freakin joke. The PX has been trying like crazy to get rid of them. They have a sign saying "You know you want a copy" and the cashier offers to sneak it in your bag so nobody sees you buy it. Also, suggested as a great gag gift to **** off or embarass your friends.

Sonic13
11-28-08, 10:10 AM
Yeah i dont understand who the hell would want to listen to a cadence on their own time, when there is real music out there. Talk about being moto....

PaidinBlood
11-28-08, 10:19 AM
The "Hip hop cadence" is the worst though. Just plain creepy. I remember seeing the "Legendary Drill Instructor" himself down in SOI selling that ****.

kbg1010
11-28-08, 10:34 AM
Straight up gansta rap. Thats all I do. Oh, and a little bit of country.

PaidinBlood
11-28-08, 10:49 AM
Gangsta. Damn. Are you another "CripGeneral" like the clown who just locked up out here? Leave the ghetto out there when you come in here..

Rains
11-30-08, 08:39 PM
The Dillinger Escape Plan :beer:

Books
11-30-08, 11:02 PM
I do not listen to anything when working out. Mostly because:

1) There is no Mickey-Mouse workout music at recruit training. Everything is inferior to what your D.I. belts out. *wink*
2) The type of music I listen to isn't really intense. I listen to 50's, 60's, early 70's classic rock and soul/r&b. Nothing modern.
3) I am worried that the mp3 player is going to fly out of my shorts/off the treadmill and I hate fiddling with it when running. I do not want to get a strap thing.

jrhd97
12-01-08, 07:37 AM
P.O.D is good,,it's intense with a positive message!
They are good. I have Thousand Foot Krunch, Skillet, Pillar, Kutless, Decyfer Down, Disciple, and Red on my mp3 also. Threw in a little Toby Mac to mix it up some and some News Boys and Third Day for the long runs. Can't stay pumped the whole run when doing more than 7. Got to have mellow, even pace in the middle.

ecom
12-01-08, 10:30 AM

That song was a #1 hit in 1981 about 25 years ago!

Anyways...maybe you'll like this one better: http://www.imeem.com/ultrarecords/video/iNfy95VA

Sonic13
12-02-08, 06:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMwG9jOBdRc

I just don't get it...how can something listen to this? Its just so ungodly horrible....i hope no one buys these, please stop their funding for making anymore of this "music".

Rains
12-02-08, 06:36 PM

I just don't get it...how can something listen to this? Its just so ungodly horrible....i hope no one buys these, please stop their funding for making anymore of this "music".

I literally fell into a fit of laughter, my sister gave my a weird look, that is absolutly terrible! It makes me want to freakin puke!:no::thumbdown

Rains
12-02-08, 06:46 PM
Try B.Y.O.B - System Of A Down

Pinoytib
12-03-08, 12:35 AM
Anything by Zack W. and Black Label Society

COFields
12-03-08, 11:37 AM

Hahaha. "We come from an Island, we call that Island, the Motivated Island!"

I like in the background too how a dude keeps going "WHAT! WHAT! WHAT!"

Oh yeah, and Black Label Society is dope.

foxbase alpha
12-05-08, 12:00 PM
Put this in your MP3 player. :cool:

https://www.yousendit.com/download/TTZtb2VCbEFsMHhMWEE9PQ

I have lots more if you like.

Hamelink83
12-05-08, 04:03 PM
Rammstein - Links 2,3,4 and Feuer Frei (in german that means "open fire")

echo3oscar1833
12-05-08, 07:36 PM
If you really want some Motivation this is it right here:marine::D. Lol Sry Ladies had to do it:D

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/D425x657NQk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

Rains
12-05-08, 07:55 PM
...It is no longer available. :(

CCraddock
12-05-08, 10:05 PM
Seriously, Techno is the ult. workout music. up-beat, fast paste, you will be done running after a song is over and dont even know where the time went. Some realy good songs are :
Voodoo & Serano - This Is Acid (Club Mix)
Voodoo & Serano - blood is pumping
Special D. - You
[/URL]Zombie Nation - Kernkraft 400
EuroHard Mix - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RG5lbxVVnyA (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5LW07FTJbI)
Just to name a small select few

Rains
12-06-08, 10:00 AM
Seriously, Techno is the ult. workout music. up-beat, fast paste, you will be done running after a song is over and dont even know where the time went. Some realy good songs are :
Voodoo & Serano - This Is Acid (Club Mix)
Voodoo & Serano - blood is pumping
Special D. - You
Zombie Nation - Kernkraft 400
EuroHard Mix - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RG5lbxVVnyA
Just to name a small select few

I just listened to a song by zombie nation... LOL, its ok, but I wouldnt listen to it regularly.

As for the video you posted LCpl. Is that a collaberated song by multiple country artists or somthing?

degenerate138
12-06-08, 01:01 PM
LCpl... that's a great video.

Wes40138
12-07-08, 08:34 PM
No one mentioned Slayer ? Reign in Blood goes at like 170 bpm (beats per minute ) .Try out Turbonegro they look gay but they are the greatest band in the world

Duke0300
12-10-08, 06:09 AM
Work Out Music. (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?p=420272#post420272)

death metal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Biulo9IZOAU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5Hv0tsvpyU

melodic death for the ladies
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eABVwEgzIss
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFq2YJKYa-k&feature=related

hayes1225
12-10-08, 02:51 PM
Gotta go with death metal as well.
Anything by Amon Amarth, Behemoth, Decapitated, Vader.... There are so many, but when I am training I have got METAL on my brain!!

Rains
12-10-08, 03:05 PM
:!:MetalCore:!:

degenerate138
12-10-08, 05:58 PM
If you guys like Melodic Metal, I'm sure you've heard of Dark Tranquillity and Children of Bodom? Other bands such as Kalmah, Heaven Shall Burn, Mors Principium Est, all are good melodic metal... **** is so easy to work out too.

Edit: Turbonegro kicks ass, hahah.

Rains
12-10-08, 06:08 PM
If you guys like Melodic Metal, I'm sure you've heard of Dark Tranquillity and Children of Bodom? Other bands such as Kalmah, Heaven Shall Burn, Mors Principium Est, all are good melodic metal... **** is so easy to work out too.

Edit: Turbonegro kicks ass, hahah.

Melodic Metal? I take it that is metal with a melody?

degenerate138
12-10-08, 06:30 PM
Go listen to Children of Bodom's album Follow the Reaper and you'll find out what melodic metal is... lol.

Rains
12-10-08, 06:41 PM
Go listen to Children of Bodom's album Follow the Reaper and you'll find out what melodic metal is... lol.

Ehh.. sounds like devil worship metal. Dont care for it.

degenerate138
12-10-08, 10:44 PM
Devil worship? lol, guy, you got it all wrong... that band has been on the forefront of metal for the past 10 years.

Wes40138
12-11-08, 04:30 AM
Devil worship? lol, guy, you got it all wrong... that band has been on the forefront of metal for the past 10 years.
King Diamond is some good melodic metal.I like his BeeGee-esque falsetto singing :D

hayes1225
12-11-08, 11:12 AM
LOL, devil worship music? I get that a lot when I tell people what I listen to. What people don't realize is that most genres of death metal have more in common with classical music than pop, rap and all the other crap floating around. Dark Tranquility and Mors Principum Est kick ass! Anyway, motivating to say the least!!:banana:

degenerate138
12-11-08, 01:58 PM
Hell yea!

Rains
12-11-08, 03:28 PM
I have heard some death metal, and its just a little too dark for my tastes.

Wes40138
12-11-08, 05:53 PM
The only time I've ever felt weird about a band was when I 1st listened to Goat***** (theyre from NOLA and they are AWESOME) .I would suggest them to anyone who likes heavier metal

vaughn
12-11-08, 08:20 PM
Anything by Diecast is hellacious Moto!

stags11
01-07-09, 02:17 PM
Check out music from the movie - Never Back Down - very motivating and upbeat.

Gnetics
01-07-09, 02:56 PM
In the Ipod there is currently Metallica, Slayer, Pantera, Rob Zombie, Armin Van Burren, LMFAO, Bob Sinclair, Bunch Of House Mixes, Old School Mashups, Journey, Kanye, The Game...just a bunch of random songs that get me pumped. :yes:

Btek
01-07-09, 04:14 PM
In Flames, All That Remains, Trivium, Rise Against, Sublime, 311, Pepper, Damian Marley, Gucci Mane,good music is good music genre doesn't really matter to me

MattNC
01-07-09, 06:12 PM
Rise Against, Metallica, Disturbed, Drowning Pool, P.O.D., Chevelle; pretty much any rock or metal. I would like to get a few cadences on my Ipod, but i'm not quite sure where i would get them from, i seriously doubt itunes has USMC cadences, but its worth a look i suppose.

GEOCO
01-07-09, 06:23 PM
Thrice's whole album "The Artist in the Ambulance" is a good pick for me.
Scary Kids Scaring Kids self-titled is also a good choice.

Gnetics
01-08-09, 04:04 PM
Rise Against, Metallica, Disturbed, Drowning Pool, P.O.D., Chevelle; pretty much any rock or metal. I would like to get a few cadences on my Ipod, but i'm not quite sure where i would get them from, i seriously doubt itunes has USMC cadences, but its worth a look i suppose.

I was looking for :usmc:Marine cadences as well and was lucky to find this site http://marinedevildog.com/mclinks/cadence.htm they have a good amount of cadences for free in MP3 format..downloading some now to my ipod to go run later today.:thumbup: Hope you find something good for your runs..

Oh yea if you have Real Player I would stream them first to hear the quality of sound and cadence to pick out the ones you like and download.

MattNC
01-08-09, 07:29 PM
I was looking for :usmc:Marine cadences as well and was lucky to find this site http://marinedevildog.com/mclinks/cadence.htm they have a good amount of cadences for free in MP3 format..downloading some now to my ipod to go run later today.:thumbup: Hope you find something good for your runs..

Oh yea if you have Real Player I would stream them first to hear the quality of sound and cadence to pick out the ones you like and download.

Oh nice find. Thanks bro!

napalm
02-06-09, 10:57 AM
songs that i find pumping

dragula-rob zombie
this is the new s*it-marilyn manson
bodies-drowning pool
down with the sickness- disturbed
the trooper-iron maiden
angel of death-slayer
raining blood-slayer
worship the violence-debauchery