PDA

View Full Version : Questions about EAS

NBC
11-15-08, 11:18 PM
1. Does the Marine Corps pay to move you home?

2. What would I need to do to claim my GI Bill?

Echo_Four_Bravo
11-15-08, 11:23 PM
You can file a travel claim for your move to your home of record. They will cover all of that in your TAP and other separation classes.

To get the GI Bill you will need to enroll in an approved program/university. You will then work with the VA office on campus to file the proper paperwork and set up payment.

NBC
11-15-08, 11:29 PM
You can file a travel claim for your move to your home of record. They will cover all of that in your TAP and other separation classes.

To get the GI Bill you will need to enroll in an approved program/university. You will then work with the VA office on campus to file the proper paperwork and set up payment.

Thank you!

Artemis
11-16-08, 10:39 AM
If you want to get your claim for your G.I. Bill started just go to the VA website and there is a link there to fill out the application and set up the direct deposit to your bank of choice. It's really easy. No need to go through the school to do it.

Artemis
11-16-08, 10:57 AM
http://www.vba.va.gov/pubs/forms/VBA-22-1990-ARE.pdf

SgtDBrownRet
11-17-08, 06:20 PM
If you were injured, you have 1 year from your date of release from active duty to file a claim for compensation. While you are the VA's website check out the benefits of Vocational Rehab.