PDA

View Full Version : Bagdad Bob reported alive!

wrbones
06-01-03, 04:24 PM
Sunday 1 June 2003 03:22pm

Sunday Mirror Pictures

COMICAL ALI 'ALIVE AND WELL' Jun 1 2003

By Millicent Brown

IRAQI information minister Comical Ali is alive, well and still in Baghdad, it was claimed last night.

Mohammed Saeed Al-Sahaf - the Saddam Hussein spokesman who denied Americans were in Baghdad when they could be seen behind him - still wears his trademark green beret and army uniform, say reports.

He disappeared on the day Saddam's statue was toppled and it was thought he could have committed suicide or even escaped.

But last night it was reported that he is now a broken man who stays at home with wife Lamia, two sons and a daughter. He won't talk about what he has been through and friends are worried he is losing his mind.

His main fear is attacks from Iraqis. Government worker Hassan Abas said: "We hate him for claiming Baghdad was safe. Many people want to kill him now."

greybeard
06-01-03, 11:19 PM
I believe he lost his mind a good while back.

wrbones
06-01-03, 11:40 PM
Yeah, but he could pay for the shrinks by hosting MTV, SNL or even going on tour!!

wrbones
06-01-03, 11:55 PM
a comedy album...."Bagdad Bob presents!"

Maybe even a revival of an old tv show, "Bagdad Bob! THIS...IS YOUR LIFE!" Bring on all of the reporters who believed him....

Maybe a movie...naw. They'd probably screw it up and get Tom Hanks or Bruce Willis to play his part....well, on the other hand, Bruce Willis might pull it off!

Of course, it might make a good idea for another "Shag-a-delic" movie....mebbe he could play Lying Me....

greybeard
06-02-03, 12:26 AM
Nope-stand up comic. I can just hear em now.
Bet Seinfeld would love to have his writers.

ivalis
06-02-03, 04:44 PM
they had bagdad bob, we've got "Ari F'Lie-sure"

Armory
06-02-03, 05:34 PM
From the Horses mouth:

http://www.theinformationminister.com/press.php?ID=612310130

wrbones
06-02-03, 05:52 PM
IV's just jealous! Bagdad Bob looks better in a beret than he does! :D

lurchenstein
06-03-03, 02:06 AM
I can see Ali busting watermelons with Gallagher and then convincing him they aren't broken.

ivalis
06-03-03, 04:13 PM
bones, just bout everybody looks better in a beret ;)

i never had any problems w/ bobalou, hell, he's just another hired political mouthpiece. just like Lie-Sure