PDA

View Full Version : need some advice.assistance...

SA21
11-13-08, 05:17 PM
oorah Marines.

I just have a question and some concerns, and was not sure where to post up, so i figured this would be best.

I just recently EAS'd at the end of August from my first term. After giving the civilian sector a try, i realize, for various reasons, that the Corps is the place for me, and now I am wanting to get back in. I have already spoken to my original recruiter (a MSgt, and one of the most straight forward and honest SOB's ive ever met, tons of respect for the man) and he informed me that since I am still within 90 days of my EAS, to go back to my last unit's career counselor. taking his advice, I made the call this AM and was almost literally laughed at, saying that I need to go to a recruiting office, and that my MOS (0311) is currently closed. I expressed my intentions of getting into 1 of 2 specific units in which I dont believe, in fact know about 1, that having a closed out MOS will not be a problem. Any advice on what to do? I have called my recruiter back, but he is out of pocket for a few days, personal reasons apparently.
Secondly, if I am able to get this worked out, how does everything work for coming back in? for instance, I have no more uniforms, other than dress blues and a pair or two of un-serviceable cammies. How does that paperwork get handled with me being 3 states away from Camp Lejeune? What can I expect upon a return?

Any information or advice that you devil-dogs can shell out will be greatly appreciated. Thank you all ahead of time for taking the time to read this post and offer advice.

Semper Fi:thumbup:

jetdoc
11-13-08, 05:27 PM
It always blows my mind when I read about the 0311 MOS being full....wow.

SA21
11-13-08, 05:31 PM
yeah, you're telling me....lol

SA21
11-20-08, 12:56 AM
TTT.....anyone?