PDA

View Full Version : Prior Active Marine seeking to reenter Reserves

RRpilot
11-13-08, 02:47 PM
Not sure if this is the correct forum to post but should be looked at by a prior service recruiter.
I contacted a recruiter a few months ago about going back in and I was told it would be really hard as I was at service limits. I have an RE1A and was an E-3 Lcpl when I got out. My MOS was closed almost the entire time I was in and opened up just a few months before I got out an missed my cutting score by 10 points I had something like 1910 points. Also I was an OV10 Avionics tech and the OV10's were deactivated before I got out so I was sent to a PASD unit for Hazmat but was never re-classed or received a secondary MOS. I was in from 1988-1994. Any ways I did a lot of research looking up MCO and found the service limits but it was only starting at E-4 at 8 years. Can anyone help me find out what or if a regulation is stating an E-3 at 6 years is at service limits. From what I gathered from talking to a recruiter at Camp Pendleton over the phone was that he could care less and I was inconveniencing him from whatever he was doing before I called. I am currently working on going into the Army National Guard in California but of course is not my first or best choice. SO far that is doing ok and waiting on a medical waiver for previous ear surgeries before I joined the Corps.
Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Semper Fi,
John

PERSICH
11-13-08, 03:36 PM
John not to rain on your parade but in your profile you put that you served for 8 years and you are 39 years old, maximum age for enlistment in our beloved Corps is 28 or your age minus years served to equal no greater than 28. Iam pretty sure of this but you can look up prior service recruiter in your area and get more informed answers. Good luck and I hope Iam wrong about the age requirements.
Shane

Phantom Winger
11-13-08, 05:18 PM
Did you speak to a recruiter? or prior-service recruiter? There's a difference.

http://officer.marines.com/page/usmc.jsp?pageId=/page/Quadrary-XML-Conversion.jsp?pageName=PriorServiceRecruitingStat ions&flashRedirect=true

As for age if I'm not mistaken the age rule is current age minus your service time must be equal to or less than 36.

Good Luck!