PDA

View Full Version : International forces and MCRD numbers

aaronle06
11-13-08, 11:45 AM
Dear active and inactive marines,

My question is that I was wondering how often do US Marines and other international military forces work side-by-side on the field? (Brits, Aussies, etc.)

Also on a side note, how many different platoons train at either MCRDs. Is there a possibility of a ball park figure of recruits at either MCRD at any given time?

Poolee Le

rvillac2
11-13-08, 12:05 PM
The most general answer to your first question is not often. Officers and HQ elements have more of a chance to work with outside units, including other countries, than most Marines.

As for the side note, that info is under OPSEC as far as I'm concerned.

MLMonk
11-13-08, 12:31 PM
You'll find out how many platoons/companies train, it's really not hard to figure out. I think you can google how many Marines leave PI/SD RD's.

0231Marine
11-13-08, 12:40 PM
This is not classified information...lol

Normally every week, there is a new company of graduates from boot camp. Within that company, there are 6 platoons. On average, there are anywhere between 50-100 recruits per platoon so do some quick math and with say, 75 recruits in each platoon. Then every week, there are 450 new Marines. There are 3 recruit training regiments on SD and 4 on PI (One female) and each regiment has 3 company's. So doing some more math, on MCRD SD, there can be on average about 4,000 recruits give or take at any one time.

davblay
11-13-08, 10:45 PM

Normally every week, there is a new company of graduates from boot camp. Within that company, there are 6 platoons. On average, there are anywhere between 50-100 recruits per platoon so do some quick math and with say, 75 recruits in each platoon. Then every week, there are 450 new Marines. There are 3 recruit training regiments on SD and 4 on PI (One female) and each regiment has 3 company's. So doing some more math, on MCRD SD, there can be on average about 4,000 recruits give or take at any one time.

Your math is pretty dead on, but it is BNs, not regiments there Marine.

Dave

egbutler1
11-13-08, 11:20 PM
Dear active and inactive marines,

My question is that I was wondering how often do US Marines and other international military forces work side-by-side on the field? (Brits, Aussies, etc.)

Also on a side note, how many different platoons train at either MCRDs. Is there a possibility of a ball park figure of recruits at either MCRD at any given time?

Poolee Le

It is not often that Marines and other countries train and work togeather. When I was with FAST we did trained with the Royal Marines, and some french fools and some spanish guys german guys and got to go to Isreal and take their counter terrorisim with them but i think we were a special case due to the nature of our duties.

Scottie0417
11-14-08, 12:06 AM
When I was at SD I believe at any given time there were 10 or 12 companies training at a time. The number of recruits depends on what time of year you're there. I shipped out May 12th, we graduated in August with about 330 Marines. Our company picked up again the following Monday with over 700 recruits. In the summer time there are far more recruits at the depot than any other time of the year because that's when most of the newly graduated high school guys go to boot camp

0231Marine
11-14-08, 06:50 AM
Your math is pretty dead on, but it is BNs, not regiments there Marine.

Dave

Son of a B!tch! See what had happened was, there was a fire, and then, well, I guess I've got nothing. Can I use the "I'm old so it's not my fault" excuse if I'm only 26?

davblay
11-14-08, 07:44 AM
Son of a B!tch! See what had happened was, there was a fire, and then, well, I guess I've got nothing. Can I use the "I'm old so it's not my fault" excuse if I'm only 26?

If you served at least 4 years and are 25, or older, you can claim CRS! So you are good to go Marine! LMAO!

Dave

TJR1070
11-14-08, 08:03 AM
While deployed to Korea for Valaint Blitz we trained with the ROK Marines. I have to say a great experience and I met alot of good men. I aslo had the pleasure of having Libo with the Royal Marines overseas and their favorite pastime was fighting to see who was going to pay for the beer all night. Lots of good times and great Marines, really doesn't seem to matter where they are from.

MLMonk
11-14-08, 10:32 AM
For Parris Island, it's currently Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, Delta as 1st Bat. Echo, Fox, Golf, Hotel as 2nd Bat. India, Kilo, Lima, Mike, Quebec as 3rd Bat. and November, Oscar and Papa as 4th Bat. Each company is about 6-7 Platoons, exept 4th which is only 4 Platoons each. 65-85 on average for recruits in a platoon. This equals to 5850 Males, and about 720 Females on average at any givin time.

BR34
11-14-08, 05:15 PM

That's assuming all of the Companies of each Battalion is training at the same time. But we both know that's now how things work.

SGT7477
11-14-08, 06:58 PM

You call 26 old,lol?:flag: