PDA

View Full Version : need some insight

livingfree
11-12-08, 04:46 PM
Im leaving on Jan 5th to the beloved parris island sc. but here is my issue at meps I scored a 93 overall on asvab and i have nearly a perfect pt ( 19:30 ) a decent score my recruiter told me that i could do anything so obviously i signed onto intell my dream i wanted to get into fbi neways they later on found out that i did not qualify bc of a serious offence so i choose combat engineer instead i figure still a good field today is the 12th of nov. i just HAD to sign up for b6 ground options bc of this serious offence ( it was simple assault ) if i wanted to leave on Jan 5th. they tell me that i will get to pick a specific job in boot camp based on availability. i want it strait is this true or have i been completely reamed out by my recruiter.

I still love the corps i just dont understand why they would do this to a recruit w/ high potential

BR34
11-12-08, 05:00 PM
1. Fill out your profile.
2. PLEASE break up your paragraphs with some kind of punctuation.
3. Capitalize "Corps".
4. You will not be able to choose a MOS at Boot Camp. I can't believe they told you that. Hopefully there was some kind of misunderstanding.

Fender104
11-12-08, 05:08 PM
I dont see why you think your such hot stuff because you have good scores i have around the same scores as you but i dont think i deserve a better job because of them. Just becuase you have good scores dosnt mean you will be a good Marine your not better than the cook that hasnt assulted any one. You havnt even finished boot camp yet.

livingfree
11-12-08, 05:28 PM
ok fender <br />
1 i said it was decent <br />
2 i was never bragging <br />
3 u need to learn to keep ur mouth shut <br />
4 i was charged w/ simple assault bc when i was attacked w/ a crow bar from behind they ended up...

livingfree
11-12-08, 05:33 PM
better jobs* not on the front line basicly why would you have the brains shot?

yellowwing
11-12-08, 05:34 PM
livingfree, you are just not going to get a lot of action with a half ass Member Profile. Hundreds of poolees before you filled out everything completely. Its someting we ask of Everybody.

livingfree
11-12-08, 05:39 PM
I understand my computer is a pos

CplKJSpevak
11-12-08, 06:00 PM
better jobs* not on the front line basicly why would you have the brains shot?
Not being a ballbuster here Poolee, BUT if you don't want to fight on the front lines.....Then why join the Marines? Most kids on here are scared to death they won't be able to be 03's
Marines WANT to fight, That's what makes us Marines. :usmc:

breedlove
11-12-08, 06:09 PM
ok well to much controversy already new id i'll repost in a way that dont offend
o and to answer your question i never said i didnt want to be on the front lines i'd b the first one there fighting but i could be better used

CplKJSpevak
11-12-08, 06:18 PM
No better use than to be on the Lines shooting at Bad guys! I know what your trying to say.....You have to keep an open mind, Until you actually Earn the title, then you 'll have a better idea of how the Corps uses you. Remember, All Marines are riflemen first. Good Luck Man!

breedlove
11-12-08, 06:19 PM
and yes you are right every marine should want to fight but you do need your smartest people organizing and such if we didnt we wouldnt have any marines or america for that matter bc our brains has taken us so much farther than any other country as well as our brauns <- sp?

MUSTANG0369
11-12-08, 06:24 PM
I can wait till they get off of the bus.......Make sure you tell your Drill Instructors how smart you are, they will be highly impressed and may even put you up for a meritorious promotion.......good luck.......

CplKJSpevak
11-12-08, 06:28 PM
But Sir! This recruit scored a 93 on his ASVAB SIR!

breedlove
11-12-08, 06:35 PM
i bet people like u get ur ass kicked on a regular basis

livingfree
11-12-08, 06:41 PM
can anyone tell me how to close this thread so i can actually get my ? answered

0231Marine
11-12-08, 06:59 PM
I'm confused as hell on this post...lol.

I can't answer the question because I was never a recruiter. However, I would say that having a high ASVAB and being a fast runner does not mean you have potential as a Marine. It simply means that you can run fast and that you could have guessed your way through a multiple choice test. There is much more to being a Marine than that.

0231Marine
11-12-08, 07:01 PM
Breedlove,

Stop talking when you're around adults. You make yourself sound dumber with every post. Marines is always capitalized by the way.

napalm
11-12-08, 07:04 PM
Breedlove,

Stop talking when you're around adults. You make yourself sound dumber with every post. Marines is always capitalized by the way.
owned like a dog

jetdoc
11-12-08, 07:07 PM
LF, you need to repost the question, using paragraphs and periods. It was rather difficult for me to understand what you're asking.

You had a pretty good ASVAB, you scored a decent PFT however you have a criminal record so your MOS was changed from Intel to something else?

As someone said, you are not picking any MOS in Bootcamp, unless its something new.

You really need to fill in your profile and try to repost the question...you can do it on this thread if you want.

livingfree
11-12-08, 07:09 PM
ok im just going to ignore this post for now on

livingfree
11-12-08, 07:11 PM
it is reposted BREEDLOVE AND LIVING FREE are one in the same ty

jetdoc
11-12-08, 07:18 PM
The Mods can shut this down if you ask.

0231Marine
11-12-08, 07:33 PM

So you're the same person that posted the breedlove posts?

CplKJSpevak
11-12-08, 07:36 PM
i bet people like u get ur ass kicked on a regular basis
Take a look at my profile boy, I'm not the old man or the young boy......and tell me if you think I've ever gotten my ass kicked!

livingfree
11-12-08, 07:36 PM
that is correct?

livingfree
11-12-08, 07:37 PM
why?

livingfree
11-12-08, 07:39 PM
well all i can say to that is I know fighting and if you havent had it kicked then ur not much to see sir

0231Marine
11-12-08, 07:51 PM
well all i can say to that is I know fighting and if you havent had it kicked then ur not much to see sir

Hang on! So you want to come on here, claim that you want to be a Marine, seek our help and then insult the Marines that speak to you. You better learn some friggin respect before you get to boot camp or some DI is going to stomp a mud puddle in your ass and send you crying home for mommy!

I've seen your type before and beleive me, you aren't anything special. How about you do us all a favor and take your above average intelligent azz and go learn some proper grammar and punctuation. Then come talk to us when you're serious about joining the Marine Corps you nasty civilian.

breedlove
11-12-08, 07:57 PM
Okay no excuses here. But u do not know my type. sir.

Rains
11-12-08, 08:00 PM

And why do you feel the need to log in under two profiles and post on your thread?.....

0231Marine
11-12-08, 08:01 PM
And you don't know who I am or what I do for a living. Believe me when I tell you that I have read enough of your posts in the last 30 minutes to "know your type."

Don't begin to try and measure yourself up to the things I've seen and done because you will fall significantly short.

When you grow up, you can come talk to me. Until then, go talk to your probation officer.

Rains
11-12-08, 08:02 PM
Okay no excuses here. But u do not know my type. sir.

You better tread lightly here... I dont think you know what a Marine is capable of verbaly and physicly.
Learn to respect these Marines that protect your way of life.

BR34
11-12-08, 08:02 PM
I think I've had a worse day than I before thought, because I SWEAR I want to put my boots in this kid's ass!

CplKJSpevak
11-12-08, 08:38 PM
I think Breedlove is the smartest, most intelligent Homosexual out there.

CalahanD
11-12-08, 08:40 PM
So the Marines don't want you to get hurt, HUH? Like said before we pretty much all want to be 03. Now granit we do need the whole Marine Corps but don't come on here trying to brag. You are trying to brag to MARINES. I would step the fvck down if I were you. Oh and I think the Air Force might like your SMARTNESS and Attitude a little more.

yellowwing
11-12-08, 08:57 PM
Enough of this Mickey Mouse BS.