PDA

View Full Version : I have a problem.

NeverQuit
11-11-08, 02:56 PM
What do you do when you get the call that your father has four weeks to two months to live, due to cancer and pneumonia, What do you tell your Ssgt when he asks what you want to do? Along with all of that my mother was hospitolized a month and a half ago because her lungs completely failed and is now relying on a machine to breathe. I am losing it a bit.

SupChf
11-11-08, 03:00 PM
Brother, first stop is your NCOIC/SNCOIC and then the Chaplain. Chaplians can make things happen very quickly. Don't be afraid or too proud to ask for help. Get the ball rolling and get home to be with your family during this crises.

My prayers go out to you and your family. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you out!!!

Semper Fi,

Gunz

thedrifter
11-11-08, 03:05 PM
Prayers Outbound to You and Your family!

Ellie

yellowwing
11-11-08, 03:34 PM
More prayers for you and your family.

Chumley
11-11-08, 03:52 PM
Sorry to hear your news! Go see them. You all will feel better.
SFi
C

Osotogary
11-11-08, 05:09 PM
Brother, first stop is your NCOIC/SNCOIC and then the Chaplain. Chaplians can make things happen very quickly. Don't be afraid or too proud to ask for help. Get the ball rolling and get home to be with your family during this crisis.

NeverQuit- The Gunnery Sergeant's suggestion, above, looks like the way to go but as you and I know...some things are easier said than done. Here's wishing you and your family all the best and prayers are outbound.
Gary

GySgtRet
11-11-08, 05:23 PM
The Marine Corps and the Navy go by what is called LOCAL PARENTIS. In other words next of kin mother father siblings. I would contact the local Red Cross to have them verify the situation with your...

yellowwing
11-11-08, 05:54 PM
From the San Diego American Red Cross : <br />
Service to the Armed Forces <br />
If you are a member or dependent of the U.S. Armed Forces, please call 800.951.5600 to speak to a Red Cross caseworker 24 hours a...

Troutzilla
11-11-08, 06:11 PM
After soaking up all the knowledge and support that everyone has been providing ....sit back....take a deep breath and take a look at the name you use in the forum....NEVERQUIT. I suspect you had good reason for that choice and it will serve you well .You have the prayers from our family here and my family as well.

Semper Fi....

SGT7477
11-11-08, 06:20 PM
Our prayers are with you brother.

jetdoc
11-11-08, 06:48 PM
Hey Mike, Gunny has given you good advise. Prayers out to you and your family brother.

Big Jim
11-11-08, 06:51 PM
What do you do when you get the call that your father has four weeks to two months to live, due to cancer and pneumonia, What do you tell your Ssgt when he asks what you want to do? Along with all of that my mother was hospitolized a month and a half ago because her lungs completely failed and is now relying on a machine to breathe. I am losing it a bit.

Never lose it, my friend. Take a deep breath and keep it together. These people need you to be strong right now. Show them that strength they showed you when when you needed them...now they need you and your strength. It hurts more than anything to lose your Mom and Dad, I know...I've went through both in past years.

I got through it with alot of Jack Daniels and alot of friends letting me talk to them and you have friends here...just don't drink too much. Don't forget the committment you made to our beloved Corps and they won't forget you. You have to remember the good times when they were all happy and you were all together. Thats the way the would wan you to remember them, isn't it? Make your peace and prepare for the inevitable, brother. You have some wonderful advice that our brothers have given you. Follow it and stay strong brother....much prayers to you and your family.

mcvet57103
11-11-08, 06:59 PM
Never lose it, my friend. Take a deep breath and keep it together. These people need you to be strong right now. Show them that strength they showed you when when you needed them...now they need you and your strength. It hurts more than anything to lose your Mom and Dad, I know...I've went through both in past years.

I got through it with alot of Jack Daniels and alot of friends letting me talk to them and you have friends here...just don't drink too much. Don't forget the committment you made to our beloved Corps and they won't forget you. You have to remember the good times when they were all happy and you were all together. Thats the way the would wan you to remember them, isn't it? Make your peace and prepare for the inevitable, brother. You have some wonderful advice that our brothers have given you. Follow it and stay strong brother....much prayers to you and your family.Jim has it right. I lost my Mother and favorite Uncle this summer. You do what you have to do to be there for them. But C.Y.A. Bro. Use the Red Cross, Chaplain, and other resources at your finger-tips. I lost a Bro-in-law when I was in with no leave left. My C.O. gave me 3 days of "basket-leave". Won't go into details about what it is here, but I'm sure there's an old salt in your company who can enlighten you.

Enigmatic
11-12-08, 09:58 AM
I'm sorry to hear about your situation. If I was in your shoes I would strongly consider requesting a HUMS Transfer. I think you need to be with your family right now and that is the best route to take. I'll be praying for you and your family. Semper Fi.

DevsDad
11-12-08, 11:12 AM
Prayers going up son.. hang in there!
When we had a situation and needed Dev home we went the Red Cross route and he went the COC route and it went very very quickly... within hours he was cleared to come home on a 96. The Red Cross folks are just awsome to work with.

SGT-JOHN-ADDY
11-12-08, 01:21 PM
I'm Sorry To Hear About What Is Going On. I Lost My Father When He Was On Active Duty In The Air Force. I Was Only 3 When It Happened. Just Remember The Times You All Have Together And Have Had Together.

My Prayers Will Be With You And Your Family.

ScottsMom
11-12-08, 02:42 PM
I know it's been said already, but it never hurts to have more prayers. My prayers will be with you and your family.

NeverQuit
11-12-08, 03:41 PM
After talking to everyone up my chain of command they are going to do a HUMS transfer. Can anyone tell me how exactly the duty stations for that work?

GySgtRet
11-12-08, 05:25 PM
Depending on what installations are avaiable for you in the surrounding areas will depend on where you get stationed at. This is a PCS move and it will require you to have your stuff together. I suugest getting together from the Marines in your unit to help you, memebers of your platoon; etc. I am glad to see that your unit is doing this for you this sometimes doesn't go in the Marines' favor. As isaid last night. My prayers go out to your parents, you and your family and friends. I know it may seem to take a long time don't worry you will soon be with your parents.

Semper Fi
Gunny out
:usmc:

SupChf
11-13-08, 07:13 AM
After talking to everyone up my chain of command they are going to do a HUMS transfer. Can anyone tell me how exactly the duty stations for that work?

Glad to see things worked out for you. Keep us posted on how things are going.

Enigmatic
11-13-08, 09:22 AM
Most likely you will have to check in with whatever reserve unit is closest to your parent's home. This is not a PCS move, it's TAD, it can last up to six months, I believe. I hope it all works out for you.

mcvet57103
11-13-08, 01:22 PM
Glad to see things worked out for you. Keep us posted on how things are going.We're here for you Bro.:thumbup:

marinemama
11-13-08, 01:57 PM
My prayers are with you and your family. Glad to see they have sorted you out to be closer to home during this difficult time.

Zebra29er
11-14-08, 02:20 PM
Sorry for being late , been else where , But we will light a candle for you and your family , Gods speed Marine , please keep us in formed if and when you have time.

Semper-Fi
Zebra29er out

USMC3381
11-14-08, 04:40 PM
https://www.marines.usmc.mil/RS/CRSC/CPCs/CRSC%2021.doc (https://www.marines.usmc.mil/RS/CRSC/CPCs/CRSC%2021.doc)
you should go on HUMS the websit above will help you out.