PDA

View Full Version : Mike Battery Marines Homecoming!

thedrifter
11-10-08, 08:46 AM
Mike Battery Marines Homecoming!
Submitted by Amanda Odom on November 9, 2008 -

It's a story you've heard before, but worth telling again.
More local soldiers returned home from Iraq.
Family and friends of the Mike Battery Marines waited anxiously for their arrival Sunday afternoon.
WDEF News 12's Mandy Odom has more in our top local story.
Casey Calhoun says, "It was good to see trees and grass again."
Vince Halloran says, "This is some of the better moments when you get a loved one back ."
Vince Halloran came to support his nephew James along with a pack of his family and friends.
James is a medic, and it was his second tour of duty.
He says it was a successful one.
James Halloran says, "We brought all our guys home. That was my job. They were all safe, sound. To me that's all that mattered."
This is the unit's second full deployment, but a third tour in Iraq for half of the Marines.
They came home to a changing political climate with people wondering how President Elect Barack Obama will handle the war and our troops.
Vince wants to bring all the troops home.
Vince Halloran says, "Got to be an end to it. Hopefully this administration will add that to his list of things to do."
James Halloran says, "Mom wants me to stay home, but you never know with the new President what's going on."
We'll have to wait and see what happens next, but for now the marine families are just thankful to have them home.
Whitney Young says, "I was scared to death, but I feel great now."
Casey Calhoun says, "I'm gonna go to Krystals. (laughter) I'm gonna go to Krystals and get me some burgers."
Welcome home Marines.
In Chattanooga, Mandy Odom WDEF News 12.
The 154 Marines and Sailors spent 9 months in Iraq.
They spent the last 7 months in the city of Rutbah on security detail.

Ellie