PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday Marine Corps.

Captain Kirk
11-10-08, 06:38 AM
:flag:Today is that day every Marine remembers with pride and a historic, memorial look back at our Marine Corps.

The Marine Corps, more than any other branch indoctrinates it members in its rich proud history. Pounded into our heads from the moment our feet hit the ground at Boot Camp until the day we find Heavens streets guarded by United States Marines, we love and cherish that great history and those rich traditions.

For such a small force by comparison, The Marines show loyalty throughout their lives to their Corps in staggering numbers.

It is not uncommon to see an older gentleman an Army, Navy or Air Force Cap, at the Mall, in the coffee house, a restaurant or just about anywhere. They all wear them with much pride.

The Marines However are seen with their hats, flags and bumper stickers in numbers that would make someone think there were more of us than all the other services combined.

That difference is simply called "esprit de corps." Or the spirit of the corps. It is what defines us, what distinguishes us what makes us MARINES.

God Bless General Chesty Puller, God bless Smidley Butler, God Bless America, and above all this day God bless our MARINE CORPS.

SEMPER FI.:usmc:

Duke1970
11-10-08, 06:53 AM
:flag:Happy Birthday to all my brothers. Each year that passes since I left active duty has cause my pride in being one of the few increase. This is do to those that came after and their accomplishments! What the Marines were, is what they are today, and what they will be tomorrow! Semper Fi!

nptwildcat
11-10-08, 06:57 AM
Happy Birthday Brothers and Sisters

DROD
11-10-08, 07:01 AM
Happy Birthday to all who have earned the title

UNITED STATES MARINE !

OOH-RAH !

SupChf
11-10-08, 07:04 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARINES!!!!!:usmc:

YutYut
11-10-08, 07:09 AM
Happy Birthday MARINES!!! :usmc::iwo::flag:

foxman
11-10-08, 07:35 AM
Happy Birthday to ALL my Brothers and Sisters, Past and Present. Never have so Few,given so Much, expecting nothing in return. We LOVE our Lord, our COuntry and our Corp. SEMPER FI !!!!!!

Phantom Winger
11-10-08, 08:11 AM
Happy Birthday, Marines! :beer:

When the nation goes to war, the press covers the Marine Corps. During the Gulf War, there were more than 90,000 Marines in the region of a total force of 650,000. But the Corps outpaced the Army, 293 to 271, in articles about the ground war in four major newspapers. As journalist and author John Fialka put it: "If the PR rivalry between the two services . . . had been a basketball game, the score would have been Marines 149, Army 10.''

JAGarland
11-10-08, 08:21 AM
Happy Birthday Brothers and Sisters! Semper Fi! Oohrah!

jackson07
11-10-08, 08:28 AM
Happy Birthday.

Eric Hood
11-10-08, 08:53 AM
To all my fellow Marines!
Happy Birthday!!! God bless all on active duty!!!
Semper Fidelis,
Eric Hood

Thompson_AllenB
11-10-08, 09:05 AM
Happy Birthday & Semper Fi.
#:marine:233 and counting.:usmc:

bigdog21
11-10-08, 09:13 AM
Happy birthday Marines!

tbenn54
11-10-08, 09:16 AM
Happy Birthday and Semper Fi!

JAMarine
11-10-08, 09:33 AM
Happy Birthday MARINES!

outlaw3179
11-10-08, 09:38 AM
Happy Birthday Marines! Semper Fidelis. Let us never forget our fallen brothers and sisters.

Bigbird27
11-10-08, 09:40 AM
Happy Birthday Marines!

Enigmatic
11-10-08, 10:00 AM
Ooh-rah! Happy Birthday To All!

MLMonk
11-10-08, 10:03 AM
Happy Birthday MARINES!

CH53MetalMan
11-10-08, 10:16 AM
Happy B day fellow Jar Heads!

Special memory of Capt. Huff and all other Marines that died in service.

He lost his life in 1982, when two CH-53's of HMH-777 went down.

RLE0352
11-10-08, 08:36 PM
Happy Birthday Brothers and Sisters!

Hardcorelifter
11-10-08, 08:39 PM
Happy Birthday Marines!

Marine84
11-10-08, 09:49 PM
Happy Birthday all my Brothers and Sisters past, present and future! <br />
<br />
I got up in a festive mood this morning - I wore my WMA cover to work. I have 4 pins on the right side of it - a Veterans pin,...

cchance
11-11-08, 01:02 PM
Happy B day fellow Jar Heads!

Special memory of Capt. Huff and all other Marines that died in service.

He lost his life in 1982, when two CH-53's of HMH-777 went down.

Fellow Marine,

I was assigned to HMH-777 when Capt Huff was a CH-53 pilot. I was working on my Aircrew wings and Capt Huff was helping me before he was killed. Even though I was a Cpl at the time, I counted Capt Huff as a "friend" that I have thought of many many times over the years. I remember that day that he was killed as if it was yesterday. Thank you for remembering him in this forum.

Sempre Fi

Sgt Chance

ecfree
11-11-08, 06:01 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JARHEADS
God bless all my Brothers & Sisters..
This toast is for Y'all....:beer:

CH53MetalMan
11-12-08, 02:50 PM
Fellow Marine,

I was assigned to HMH-777 when Capt Huff was a CH-53 pilot. I was working on my Aircrew wings and Capt Huff was helping me before he was killed. Even though I was a Cpl at the time, I counted Capt Huff as a "friend" that I have thought of many many times over the years. I remember that day that he was killed as if it was yesterday. Thank you for remembering him in this forum.

Sempre Fi

Sgt Chance

Sgt Chance

Capt. Huff was a big man in many ways. He may have stood six foot six, or at least he seemed that big to me. He was especially helpfull to me in my two years at NAS Dallas as he was my shop O.I.C. ( Metal Shop ) and bailed me out of BIG trouble on more that one occasion. I also remember the Chaplin that died in the crash, he always smiled and said hello. Most of the others I barely knew as they checked-in right before I checked-out.

I checked into NAS Dallas Jan 1980 and left Jan 1982. I was a "full timer" and I think I remember you, but I could be wrong. You were a "reservist" or as was the common reference, "preserve" - - so I only worked with you on weekends. I knew Stolnack, Frome and Dobson. I'm still good friends with Dobson. I know Ricky Grant ( Grunt ) as well, he's who informed me about the accident.

BTW the Sargent who ran the metal shop is likely still in the brig. I can't recall his name. I knew a lot of good people from the F-4 Phantom side as well. Scotty Haynes was my main running buddy. Sgt Major Nitska was a very good Smag.

Did you work at Vaught Aircraft or Love Field?

Jim Hoffman