PDA

View Full Version : Rct. Sub-Station Hollywood, Fla.

Osotogary
11-08-08, 10:38 PM
The Marine Recruiting Sub-Station, located in Hollywood, Florida, hosted a 233rd Marine Corps birthday celebration at Topeekeegee-Yugnee Park (Seminole name meaning- "meeting or gathering place") on Saturday, November,9,2008. The festivities included a two mile run with "activity" stations conveniently placed and, finally, the familiar pull-up bar at the end of the run and activity challenge. Then it was back to the pavilion for individual and group awards and recognition, listening and viewing the Birthday Messages, the cutting of the cake, the passing of the cake from the oldest Marine to the youngest Marine and the total cosumption of the cake.The participating Staff Sergeant and Sergeants were as follows:
Staff Sergeant Barton, Staff Sergeant Salinas, Sergeant Ingram, Sergeant Cantu and Sergeant Hernadez. The list of Poolies was too long to name but all of them gave the effort that typifies those wishing to enter the United States Marine Corps. It was a good day. I was fortunate to be there and contribute. I took the pictures and tried to stay out of the way. Enjoy them.
Gary

Osotogary
11-08-08, 10:44 PM
Here are some more photos.

Osotogary
11-08-08, 10:47 PM
Here are more photos. I hope that you enjoyed them.

Osotogary
11-08-08, 10:53 PM
Ooops, must have had a senior moment.

Osotogary
11-10-08, 08:18 PM
Please the corrections as listed.
November 9, 2008 corrected to November 8, 2008
Sgt Ingram corrected to SSgt Ingram.
Sgt Hernadez corrected to Sgt Hernandez

Sorry!
Gary