PDA

View Full Version : Question for a recruiter or Marine

BMACAMB
11-08-08, 03:56 PM
Here is the deal, no bs, here. <br />
<br />
I want in the Marines. <br />
23 years, oldest of three brothers. Three of my good friends are Marines. I want to serve, but here in is the problem. <br />
<br />
1st the good I...

Quinbo
11-08-08, 04:26 PM
Here is the deal, no bs, here. <br />
<br />
I want in the Marines. <br />
23 years, oldest of three brothers. Three of my good friends are Marines. I want to serve, but here in is the problem. <br />
<br />
1st the good I...

BMACAMB
11-08-08, 04:38 PM
To tell you the truth, in response to that, went to the Navy with full intention of doing my best to get in there and was on my way except for that screw up with the the giving blood which I had never done which really hindered my performance while there. Its documented in my paperwork for out processing. There were guys that were bigger than me(talking 200lbs and over) who didn't even make it out of the room after giving blood, so I just count myself as lucky. And as far as people I know that have joined up they are in worse situations than mine(maybe not in terms of the military) but I know convicted felons that are now in the Corps. So what I'm getting at here is, not everyone is perfect I know that, just that I don't want to regret not being in the Corps when I know full damn well I can do it.

BR34
11-08-08, 05:17 PM
You forgot to ask whatever your question was. Anyway, I feel sorry for the poor Marine who gets stuck with having to TRY to get you in. What a waste of time.

Maldonado 2060
11-08-08, 05:52 PM
You forgot to ask whatever your question was. Anyway, I feel sorry for the poor Marine who gets stuck with having to TRY to get you in. What a waste of time.

OUCH!!!LOL ya got to love marines. All i can say is keep trying with the Marine recruiter and if he can help you then you can try this program called Aren't Ready to be Marines Yet after a couple of years of good service try the Marine recruiter again.

rvillac2
11-08-08, 06:48 PM
....when I know full damn well I can do it.

LOL..Now that's funny right there.

Many have not been able to hack it at our boot camp and did fine in other services. You're saying you couldn't hack Navy training and you think you can make it in ours? Thanks for the laugh.

There's no evidence that you've been able to do anything, besides get kicked out, yet.

What was the RE code on your DD214?

BMACAMB
11-08-08, 08:01 PM
Haha, anyways I guess that is what to be expected when seeking an answer, Not saying I be a perfect recruit but hell some people need a second or third chance. The Air Force I take full responsibility for, the Navy was pure accident hence the reason that I'm not there in the first place. But I guess you would have to read the post in order to get that. I'm not seeking any flame throwing here just honest answers guys and gals. I got an RE-4 with I believe a JDA code. The RE-code I was informed by the VA could be downgraded to get me through to MEPS and all but I was wondering if that was done would there be any reason they would disqualify me given the situation. Thanks.

Marine84
11-08-08, 08:12 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Somebody sent free entertainment out for us tonight ya'll!

(popping popcorn)

Phantom Blooper
11-08-08, 08:17 PM
Your just a ray of sunshine on a cloudy day.NOT! <br />
<br />
If you pass out at the site of giving blood I wouldn't go into a combat arms MOS. <br />
<br />
You can apply for the waivers with a recruiter but with your...

BR34
11-08-08, 08:45 PM
Haha, anyways I guess that is what to be expected when seeking an answer,

Read your first posts, you didn't ASK any questions, non-hacker! You just told us you have a history of quitting/flaking out/getting into legal trouble (repeatedly).

0231Marine
11-09-08, 06:24 PM
Um, if you had a nervous breakdown just by giving blood, then what the hell do you think is going to happen when you're in combat and you see your first dead body? Or god forbid someone actually shoots at you...I guess you'll just drop dead right there or snap and curl up in a ball in the middle of a street.

You need to realize that you're probably not cut out for the Marine Corps if a friggin needle caused you to snap.

Maldonado 2060
11-09-08, 07:20 PM
hes probably one of those recruits that cant make it through bootcamp and get diagnosed with PTSD and other crazy illnesses. They make me sick.

BMACAMB
11-12-08, 03:51 PM
Hell I had a nervous breakdown cuz my ass was crazy when I got there, under the conditions giving blood in December in ****in Great Lakes with 20 degree weather and not being well rested. But the spirit was right so I did it. Believe me I learned my lesson. Hell I've had 2 more guns than I would like held to my face by a dude I didn't like who was on some drugs that make folks do crazy ish over some trivial bs. So spare me the ray of sunshine crap.

Phantom Blooper
11-12-08, 05:58 PM
Hell I had a nervous breakdown cuz my ass was crazy when I got there, under the conditions giving blood in December in ****in Great Lakes with 20 degree weather and not being well rested. But the spirit was right so I did it. Believe me I learned my lesson. Hell I've had 2 more guns than I would like held to my face by a dude I didn't like who was on some drugs that make folks do crazy ish over some trivial bs. So spare me the ray of sunshine crap

You are one tough man....do you feel the vibrations from me shaking all the way across country to Portland,Oregon?:scared:

So spare me the ray of sunshine crap.

I guess I was WRONG...the sun doesn't shine too many days in Portland!

You may try your Navy basic training and Air Force DEP BS on the block but you ain't Marine Corps material!

They didn't want your crazy azz so why would the Marine Corps?

Also; you can fuk with St. Peter, you can fuk with St Paul, but fuk with ONE Marine and you fuk with us ALL.:evilgrin:

CplKJSpevak
11-12-08, 06:13 PM
No Man,......No. You wouldn't be happy in the Marine Corps. You seem to be one of those people who (there's always something) Alway's a story, Alway's a reason.....I would hate to see you out at CCU breaking rocks. Stick with your school, If anyone doesn't want to hear excuses it's the Marines. Stick with the Civilian world. I mean no disrespect when I say it, I've just seen alot of guys cheese out, then you have to live with that. It's not for everyone.

Marine84
11-12-08, 07:45 PM
Hell I had a nervous breakdown cuz my ass was crazy when I got there, under the conditions giving blood in December in ****in Great Lakes with 20 degree weather and not being well rested. But the spirit was right so I did it. Believe me I learned my lesson. Hell I've had 2 more guns than I would like held to my face by a dude I didn't like who was on some drugs that make folks do crazy ish over some trivial bs. So spare me the ray of sunshine crap.

And the hits just keep on coming!

Sounds like you been hanging out with a jarhead with the "spare me" or are you really a Marine? I can't POSSIBLY imagine ANY bonehead that has tried 2 branches of the military already and NOW wants to join MY Marine Corps! You got balls the size of Texas to come in here and tell a SSGT to "spare" you from anything.

rvillac2
11-12-08, 08:02 PM
Kim,
I think you're confusing large balls for a lack of intelligence. Common mistake.

BMACAMB
11-12-08, 08:07 PM
Born in the big D. Raised in Houston, believe me I can't stand Portland. So nuts a plenty.

Marine84
11-12-08, 08:08 PM
You got a point RV. HE has no balls or, at least, not balls big enough to join the Corps.

Phantom Blooper
11-12-08, 09:21 PM
Try not to let your mind wander...It is too small and fragile to be out by itself. :evilgrin:

Born in the big D. Raised in Houston, believe me I can't stand Portland. So nuts a plenty.

yellowwing
11-12-08, 09:29 PM
BMACAMB, something is just wrong about you. I don't know you, but it's there. You and the Marine Corps are not a good fit.

egbutler1
11-12-08, 11:23 PM
sounds to me like the Military just hates you. I would suggest not wasting any of a good recruiters time. Espically since you want to do this "FOR YOURSELF" more than anything. Not a good idea, sorry to be harsh bud but I wouldn't really wan't you sitting next to me in Iraq. Not to judge you or anything but its kind of impossible due to what you just explained to us as yourself. I highly doubt that the recruiter is really trying anything at all to get you in in he probably put your file in the burn box and avoids your calls. Him and the NCOIC probably get a good laugh at your expense. Best of luck, keep off the dope and try not to give blood and have panic attacks. KILL!

egbutler1
11-12-08, 11:33 PM
Um, if you had a nervous breakdown just by giving blood, then what the hell do you think is going to happen when you're in combat and you see your first dead body? Or god forbid someone actually shoots at you...I guess you'll just drop dead right there or snap and curl up in a ball in the middle of a street.

You need to realize that you're probably not cut out for the Marine Corps if a friggin needle caused you to snap.

LOL, first time I got shot at I was so ****ed. I have only see one Marine ever get shot at than start crying lie down and and drop his weapon. I knew the guy well he didn't seem to be like that but after that we all beat the sh!t out of him. This cat lost his cool giving blood he'd probably pass out taking his AIDs test, more or less seeing some insurgents upper torso seperated by his lower torso by 20 ft. Or talking to your buddy in the streets of some ****ty ass villege and hearing a crack of a round than looking back and him not being there anymore. I perscirbe a healthy dose of get some balls with a side of stop wasting my time. Ill sign the chit for ya. (DR. Butler USMC 0311)

CplKJSpevak
11-13-08, 03:35 AM
Well said Brother......

TJR1070
11-13-08, 08:20 AM
This world has no shortage of non-hackers, bull****ters and ball-less *******s but you must be their leader!

Enigmatic
11-13-08, 09:32 AM
under the conditions giving blood in December in ****in Great Lakes with 20 degree weather and not being well rested.

Great Lakes is paradise compared to MCRD, regardless of the weather. Everytime I go to Great Lakes I see the "recruits" on libo at the PX, smiling like school children. WHAT THE FOCK MAKES YOU THINK YOU COULD CUT IT AT MCRD???

MLMonk
11-13-08, 12:51 PM
Well then, if you even pass MEPS, I WILL see you here at the Mental Health Unit in Parris Island. We get 2-4 Recruits a day straight from recieving, and occasionaly during training, so what makes you think you won't just be another statistic?

martime12345
12-03-08, 10:53 AM
I have read some of the posts and I will probably sound like a sorry marine here. I was in the marines for two enlistments and was a 3.9 proficient marine on my marks. I made some bad choices and was...

rvillac2
12-03-08, 11:23 AM
Martime, you need to fill out your profile.

0231Marine
12-03-08, 11:54 AM
Sounds to me that not much has changed for you in the eight years you've been out. You've got to be over 30 by now and you want to try and get back in with a bad re-enlistment code, 3.9 pro's and...