PDA

View Full Version : Until next week ...

22DevilPup87
05-30-03, 08:19 AM
So long. I'll be at NASS - the Naval Academy Summer Seminar. While it's not anything as amazing as going to MCRD it's a start for me. I'm excited. :) This is my first major step towards seeing if I've got what it takes to earn the Title.

I'll be out of here about this time tomorrow morning but I'll be back online in a week or so.

All you new poolees and wannabes better not get too out of hand while I'm away. Remember, I can post telepathically! ;) I know everything will be alright. There are some poolees and wannabes around here finer than myself.

DevilPup2004
05-30-03, 08:33 AM
Wow, Sis!! It's finally here! The waiting period went by fast, didn't it? Seems like just yesterday that you went through the application process, and were so unsure of yourself. "I doubt I'll get accepted, but it's worth a shot." Good luck, Sis. You're gonna be awesome. Don't forget the FAH tips.

And Jess, don't be thinking that I'm making a huge deal outta nothing. Don't forget -- I applied for NASS and was turned down. Just goes to show that you are one outstanding applicant. :)

Oh yeah, don't forget pay real close attention to detail, 'cause we expect a friggin' novel when you get back!

I'm proud of ya, Sis. :)

22DevilPup87
05-30-03, 09:00 AM
Thanks, Sis!

It really does feel like yesterday that I was filling out that long application and collecting recommendation letters to send to the Academy in hopes it'd help to get in.

But, Sis, don't feel that because you didn't get in I was a more outstanding applicant than you were. On paper I really don't look that good. I have good grades but almost everything I do besides school is somehow religious based. I didn't realize until now that I'm not nearly as well rounded as I thought I was. And, anyway, they say that part of acceptance is based on their need to meet demographics.

Don't worry, I'll take notes. :) When I come back you'll hear so much about it you'll wish you hadn't reminded to write a novel. ;)

thedrifter
05-30-03, 09:01 AM
Well the time has finally come.....A Well Accomplish Mission.....

Remember what I have told you......

Relax, Be Yourself, and Learn all you can......

You know it is in you......

Now You know we want a full report.....by the time you come back......

Good Luck...

The Drifter

22DevilPup87
05-30-03, 09:04 AM
Thank you, Drifter.

Don't worry - I'll come home with a full length day-to-day report. Since it's only a week it won't be a novel ... just a mini novel. ;)

DevilPup2004
05-30-03, 09:28 AM
Jess, I already told ya, I'm glad I wasn't accepted the NASS. It would've been a waste of their time, as well as my time, since I've decided that I don't want to go to USNA anyway. :p

Again, I am just so proud of you for being accepted, Jess. I know how hard it is. I have a friend who is pretty squared away (even though he doesn't want to go into the military ;)) and he barely got accepted last year, because his parents are civilians who work for the Navy. It's very impressive that you got accepted, and I am extremely proud of that.

22DevilPup87
05-30-03, 09:37 AM
Thanks, Sis.

... it's probably time I just be quiet and listen for now.