PDA

View Full Version : Big Update.

Alex1990
11-06-08, 10:48 AM
Hello Marines and POOLee's!

Well I just wanted to give you all a big update on my current situation. For those who do not remember me, I am in the Army DEP and was going to switch over to the Marine Corps DEP because I was unhappy with my MOS. Well yesterday, after 4 months of waiting, I was finially able to switch my MOS. As of yesterday, I am going to Fort Benning, Georgia as an 11X Infantry Recruit with a possibility of Airborne School. I ship out November 12, 2008. Although it looks like I will not be in the Marine Corps family, I would still like to thank each of you who have helped me through these hard times, and call you all my brothers and sisters.

Goodluck to everybody

Respectfully.
Alex1990

P.S. I will still drop in from time to time to say hello ;)

jinelson
11-06-08, 11:04 AM
Good luck to you Alex Im just as proud of you as a patriot. You and your peers here at Poolee Hall motivate me and inspire me daily.

Jim

yellowwing
11-06-08, 11:19 AM
Good to go Alex, do what's best for you and your life. Train hard, Never Quit, be a leader down there in 'Gawgia!

polizei
11-06-08, 11:31 AM
Good luck on your journey, make the best of it!

Alex1990
11-06-08, 01:50 PM
Look on the bright side, now I never have to come face to face with a Drill Instructor. Unless I decide to switch after my enlistment is up!

`Alex

shirty1
11-06-08, 06:33 PM
Don't ship until you get airborne in your contract..they will give it to you!, but I would strongly advise you to go Marine Corps. Why do you want to go Army? They are no where as near organized or respected as the Marines..just my 2 cents

Patriot34
11-06-08, 07:09 PM
*cough* pussy *cough* No I'm just messing with you man. Good luck on all levels. Stay sharp and motto.

SGT7477
11-06-08, 07:18 PM
Hello Marines and POOLee's!

Well I just wanted to give you all a big update on my current situation. For those who do not remember me, I am in the Army DEP and was going to switch over to the Marine Corps DEP because I was unhappy with my MOS. Well yesterday, after 4 months of waiting, I was finially able to switch my MOS. As of yesterday, I am going to Fort Benning, Georgia as an 11X Infantry Recruit with a possibility of Airborne School. I ship out November 12, 2008. Although it looks like I will not be in the Marine Corps family, I would still like to thank each of you who have helped me through these hard times, and call you all my brothers and sisters.

Goodluck to everybody

Respectfully.
Alex1990

P.S. I will still drop in from time to time to say hello ;)

Ahh you took the easy way out,lol, good luck.:flag:

polizei
11-06-08, 07:45 PM
but I would strongly advise you to go Marine Corps. Why do you want to go Army? They are no where as near organized or respected as the Marines..just my 2 cents

The reason: If you have to think twice about going into the Corps, you don't belong. He'll be good for the Army.

FullMetalFuture
11-08-08, 07:52 AM
polizei...no disrespect to you but you and as I civis really dont have the ground to stand on to say someone is/isnt good enough.

yellowwing
11-08-08, 08:42 AM
The reason: If you have to think twice about going into the Corps, you don't belong. He'll be good for the Army.

He's still a Patriot. Serving in a time of War is something to be admired no matter what path he chooses. :thumbup:

AL49BGN
11-08-08, 09:09 AM
Good luck!We all wish you the best of luck.I am proud of you and would be happy to call you Brother once you completed your Army Basic training.

AL49BGN
11-08-08, 09:18 AM
Where do you get off putting down another branch of our Military?As a civilian who never served you have no right to do that.There are soldiers dying in Iraq and Afghanistan while you are sitting in your home nice and safe.While you were making that ridiculous post,there were Soldiers,Sailors and Airmen in harmsway.
I believe you them all an apology and a Thank You for there service in protecting your nasty civilian a$$!

polizei
11-08-08, 09:50 AM
I wasn't putting down the Army, sir. I was stating that he would be good for the Army. I have a family friend and highschool friends that are in the Army, as well as others. My other friend is in the Navy, another in the Air Force. My uncles were in the Army and my grandfather was a Marine. I think you took my post (maybe it was how I worded it) the wrong way, but that was in no way my intention. My family friend is serving in Iraq right now, and has been for several months. His convoy got hit with an IED. Believe me Ssgt. I have full respect for the military and everyone in it. I'm the person that gets mad at others for disrespecting the military around me (in person). I've met and talked to many Marines and servicemen, and enjoy each of their stories.

Yellowwing is correct, it is patriotic. I was just trying to be patriotic to him, I think every branch is honorable, as well as other militarys around the world. I'm sorry if I came off the wrong way, my apologies.

davblay
11-08-08, 11:38 AM
Yellowwing is correct, it is patriotic. I was just trying to be patriotic to him, I think every branch is honorable, as well as other militarys around the world. I'm sorry if I came off the wrong way, my apologies.

During my years wearing the Army Uniform I noticed that the soldiers had some of the same pride as we do in that service. During this time of the "all Volunteer service" I am proud to know many, many soldiers!

The standards for the Army is not the same as the Corps, nor is the other branches! If it were the same as ours then there would only be Marines, but we are all important to the mission accomplishment of this war. God Bless them all and Thank them for thier service in keeping us safe!

Apology accepted, just consider what you type before you press submit from now on.

Semper Fi,

Dave

polizei
11-08-08, 12:33 PM
I will sir, my lesson has been learned. I will make sure to triple-check my posts before posting to insure miscommunication doesn't happen again. Like I said, my apologies. I know many many people that are in all branches and it is very honorable and I do commend them.

Alex1990
11-08-08, 01:34 PM
Hey, thanks for the appology, I took it kind of offensive, but i just decided to roll with it, it was not a big deal for me. I'm shipping on Tuesday Morning and I'm deffinatley starting to get nervous.

~Alex

polizei
11-08-08, 09:36 PM
Hey Alex, sorry if you took it as offense. If you need any questions answered that these fine Marines cannot, or would like something from an Army perspective, I can give my friend a call and see if I can find out the answer for you. Good luck on your basic training, I'm sure you'll do fine!

jetdoc
11-10-08, 05:44 PM
Gool luck Alex...may your journey's in the Army be all you expect and desire.

jetdoc
11-10-08, 05:47 PM
During my years wearing the Army Uniform I noticed that the soldiers had some of the same pride as we do in that service. During this time of the "all Volunteer service" I am proud to know many, many soldiers!

The standards for the Army is not the same as the Corps, nor is the other branches! If it were the same as ours then there would only be Marines, but we are all important to the mission accomplishment of this war. God Bless them all and Thank them for thier service in keeping us safe!

Apology accepted, just consider what you type before you press submit from now on.

Semper Fi,

Dave

Its like when I hear guys give the Navy a hard time, while they have never served in ANY branch....until you've been in any branch of the military you know jack about the others.

I've worked closely with the Navy and those guys do what they do well and serve as proudly as any other branch.

Alex1990
11-11-08, 10:37 AM
I'm going to LA in like an hour and getting my Plane Tickets tomorrow... Goodluck Marines. I'll come back with that Blue Cord on my shoulder, I Swear it.

SGT7477
11-11-08, 06:14 PM
I'm going to LA in like an hour and getting my Plane Tickets tomorrow... Goodluck Marines. I'll come back with that Blue Cord on my shoulder, I Swear it.

Just don't hang yourself,lol.:flag:

aaronle06
11-13-08, 11:08 AM

Just don't hang yourself,lol.:flag:

that made my day.