PDA

View Full Version : Famous Marines

yellowwing
11-06-08, 10:13 AM
http://www.cat-p.com/famousmarines.pdf
List of famous Marines. Useful if you run into ignorant people that say crap about us.

Rains
11-06-08, 04:55 PM
Good to Go. Thanks! :thumbup:

jetdoc
11-09-08, 09:02 AM
Thanks Wing, I love going over those lists on occasion as I seem to forget some big names from time to time.

I noticed a certain person that was involved in this past election wasn't in there...would he a considered
"famous" or "infamous", haha.

Marine84
11-09-08, 09:28 AM
Freddie Fender? LOL!

jetdoc
11-09-08, 09:29 AM
Was Freddie left off? Regardless, thats funny Kim.

Shick019
11-09-08, 11:19 AM
Wow, that's pretty interesting.

A lot of those names I'm familiar with, but didn't even know they were former Marines.

rickyracer
11-10-08, 03:52 AM
I was surprised at a few names on the list.

joeswift
11-10-08, 04:44 AM
hey am an energetic man age 20 down in africa,kenya,nairobi n i have apassion in da US marine n how they do it for the worl please help mem,,
how can i join the boot camp n work it together as one please help

Wyoming
11-10-08, 04:52 AM
hey am an energetic man age 20 down in africa,kenya,nairobi n i have apassion in da US marine n how they do it for the worl please help mem,,

WTF!!

Are you some kind of spamming joke leg.

Where is the letter saying you have $117,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 in a bank account you need me to accept?

Jeez!

Marine84
11-10-08, 07:54 AM
Hahahahahaha!

TJR1070
11-10-08, 09:53 AM
Not so quick BigAl maybe he is a relative of the President-elect. I think you should send him your link, I'm sure they would take him.

ggyoung
11-10-08, 11:23 AM
He also might be for real.

dhenderson88
11-11-08, 11:55 AM
Drew Carry is a Marine....that's awesome haha

aaronle06
11-11-08, 01:07 PM
BOZO THE CLOWN IS A MARINE?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?:scared::t ank: I think he just one-uped Recruit Joker from FMJ

ggyoung
11-11-08, 01:40 PM
I am not surprised by some of the names on the list. After all we Marines are trained to do great things.

DWG
11-11-08, 02:08 PM
Bea Arthur made the list and they skipped Greg Boyington? WTF?:scared:

jetdoc
11-11-08, 06:45 PM

Thats pretty funny, you almost had me fooled, good job dude.

napalm
11-12-08, 07:33 AM
Couldn't put this in Inperastional Stories, so I thought I'd put it here.....it's from my local newspaper

Wounded Iraq War vet shares story with new generation

<!-- /HEADLINE --><!-- MAIN PHOTO -->http://images.goupstate.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=SJ&Date=20081112&Category=NEWS&ArtNo=811120327&Ref=AR&Profile=1083&MaxW=600&border=0 (http://www.goupstate.com/article/20081112/NEWS/811120327/1083/NEWS01#)
Alex C. Hicks Jr./alex.hicks@shj.com

<SCRIPT> function NewWindow(width,height,url) { window.open(url,"PopUp","menubars=0,scrollbars=1,resizable=1,height="+height+",width="+width); } ptpServer="www.pictopia.com"; providerID=67; function goPtp(name){ win=window.open('http://'+ptpServer+'/perl/ptp?provider_id='+providerID+'&photo_name='+escape(name)+'&time='+new Date().getTime(), 'ptp_'+providerID,'scrollbars=yes,resizeable=yes,t oolbar=no,'+'status=yes,width=780,height=800,menub ar=no'); win.focus(); } </SCRIPT>Order a Reprint (javascript:goPtp('images.goupstate.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=SJ&Date=20081112&Category=NEWS&ArtNo=811120327&Ref=AR&Profile=1083');)
Marine 1st Lt. Andrew Kinard meets with some of the students at Oakbrook Preparatory School during a Veterans Day program.

<!-- /MAIN PHOTO --><!-- BYLINE -->
By LEE G. HEALY
lee.healy@shj.com

<!-- /BYLINE --><!-- PUBDATE -->Published: Wednesday, November 12, 2008 at 3:15 a.m.
Last Modified: Wednesday, November 12, 2008 at 1:50 a.m.
<!-- /PUBDATE -->On Veterans Day, Oakbrook Preparatory School Director Steve Smith wanted his students to see and hear from a true American symbol. To him, that could only mean one person: war veteran and former student 1st Lt. Andrew Kinard.

<!-- GRAY BOX ARTICLE CONTENT--><!-- /GRAY BOX ARTICLE CONTENT-->"Of all the ways we could really honor our veterans, I know of nobody right now who can symbolize what 'American' means more than Andrew," Smith said.
Kinard, 25, attended the private school, then called The Village School, in fourth and fifth grade. He went on to graduate from Dorman High School and the Naval Academy before being deployed to Iraq. In October of 2006, a roadside bomb blast claimed both his legs. Today, he's still on active duty with the Marine Corps.
His speech at Oakbrook Tuesday afternoon was his seventh engagement in three days, and his last before leaving his hometown for Washington, D.C. In the audience were about 50 other veterans representing all branches of service from World War II to the present.
Kinard began with a brief history lesson, telling the student body that Veterans Day began as Armistice Day when an armistice was signed on Nov. 11 - the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month - ending the first World War. Veterans Day, Kinard said, is a day to honor the sacrifices American men and women have made for their country. But, it's also a day to celebrate, he said.
"Veterans Day is about respecting and honoring those who have made sacrifices to serve our country, but I think it's much more than that," Kinard said. "I think Veterans Day is also a day of celebration, a day of joy, because we're recognizing the very thing that makes our country so great. We're recognizing and celebrating freedom."
He spoke of soldiers' commitment to each other and to the nation. Kinard said it was that dedication that gave the men in his platoon the courage to get him to safety after the explosion.
"Those Marines saved my life because we had a commitment to each other," Kinard said. "I think each and every one of us today can take a lesson from my Marines that were with me."
After the assembly, Smith called Kinard a role model he hopes students can identify with and learn from.
"I want them to understand the pride we should have in our nation, the ideals of freedom that others make possible for us," Smith said.
Sophomore Thomas Wildeman took Kinard's message to heart and said he now thinks of Veterans Day in a different way.
"I think it was inspirational. He did a great job," Wildeman said. "Listening to him, I thought his points were a good idea of how to think of Veterans Day."
Senior Marie Hannouche said she was touched by Kinard's heartfelt words. She stood in line after the assembly to shake Kinard's hand.
"I have so much respect for our soldiers," she said. "I wish I could thank every single one of them. I like things like this where we can say a big 'thank you.' "