PDA

View Full Version : Another Female Hair Reg. Question

JZfs720
11-05-08, 03:10 PM
I'm cutting my hair before boot camp because I know I'm not going to have time to deal with it, but after reading the grooming standards, I'm still slightly confused. Would something like this be within regs, noting how the hair falls below the top of the ear, and without the highlights?

file:///C:/Users/jzfs720/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpgfile:///C:/Users/jzfs720/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg

Artemis
11-05-08, 04:20 PM
Yes something like that would be acceptable. Highlights and dyed hair are not recommend but it is not against the regs either. As long as it is feminine in appearance you will be fine.

Echo_Four_Bravo
11-05-08, 04:41 PM
I always thought it strange that some females were allowed to color their hair and others were told that the color they chose wasn't appropriate, even though there seemed to be little if any difference in their choices.

I'm glad that the hair regulations for males is pretty simple to understand. I'd hate to have to figure all of that out for myself. I'm also glad that the women in my platoon never did anything to make us wonder if their hair was OK or not.

Artemis
11-05-08, 04:46 PM
Last I knew the regs on dying your hair stated it has to complement your skin tone. I had issues with that will I was in. Also had cornrows for a while and let me tell you what that caused a great commotion for quite some time.

JZfs720
11-05-08, 05:30 PM
I guess I'll go for something like this then. Thank y'all.

SGT7477
11-05-08, 07:01 PM
Just get a high and tight,just joking,lol.

JZfs720
11-05-08, 09:35 PM
Just get a high and tight,just joking,lol.

lol. Aye Sgt. Duly noted

ecom
11-05-08, 10:09 PM
Does anyone know if she can get haircuts while at Parris Island?

I think the hairstyle is fine, however, it will grow during the 3 months at PI and could potentially touch her collar making it non-regulation.

Tegan
11-05-08, 10:13 PM
There is a little salon there within 4th Bn. The females that had short hair when i was there would get sent when it started to look funny. The only time you would go though is on Sunday. Whatever you do, don't get your hair dyed there. The DI's had some of the girls with hilites get their hair dyed a plain color and i swear purple-ish brown is not normal!

JZfs720
11-05-08, 11:11 PM
wow...I definitely wouldn't want to deal with getting bloused for a crazy dye job on top of everything else. Thanks for the tip Cpl. Tegan, and I didn't even think to ask about upkeep...I didn't know there was a hair salon within 4th Bn. Thanks Sgt. Ecom for bringing that question up.

dmellow45
11-09-08, 03:02 PM
hmmm

JZfs720
11-09-08, 09:08 PM
hmmm

Did you have anything to add Cpl.? I appreciate all advice.

THAT AINT IT
11-12-08, 09:47 AM
Don't plan on having it styled all crazy like it is in the picture.

JZfs720
11-12-08, 01:51 PM
Don't plan on having it styled all crazy like it is in the picture.
Duly noted LCpl. I'm not going to have it dyed or anything, but would it be inappropriate to have it styled like that, sans dye, in uniform once out of boot? Or would it be deemed eccentric?

ecom
11-12-08, 02:06 PM
In uniform, it may not be a good idea gelling it so that the top part spikes upwards because your cover would likely flatten it. Then again in boot camp you probably won't have gel and it'll probably be the last thing on your mind.

JZfs720
11-12-08, 02:11 PM
In uniform, it may not be a good idea gelling it so that the top part spikes upwards because your cover would likely flatten it. Then again in boot camp you probably won't have gel and it'll probably be the last thing on your mind.
Aye Sgt.

ChoZyn
11-15-08, 11:35 PM
Honestly if you hair is long enough to put in a bun I WOULD NOT CUT IT...believe me 3 months is not a long time and you will have plenty of time to put your hair up in a bun at bootcamp...just get some good gel and sprits and youwill be fine.

JZfs720
11-15-08, 11:48 PM
Honestly if you hair is long enough to put in a bun I WOULD NOT CUT IT...believe me 3 months is not a long time and you will have plenty of time to put your hair up in a bun at bootcamp...just get some good gel and sprits and youwill be fine.
really? I've always been told it was better to cut it, so I've always just considered that one option. But, I also wouldn't mind keeping longer hair. Did you do your hair at night and sleep with it done, or did you do it in the morning time?

ChoZyn
11-16-08, 05:58 AM
really? I've always been told it was better to cut it, so I've always just considered that one option. But, I also wouldn't mind keeping longer hair. Did you do your hair at night and sleep with it done, or did you do it in the morning time?

I did my hair at night and tied it up with whatever i had...alot of the females found ways to tie their hair down with an extra greev skivy T-shirt that you will be issued...if you like your hair length keep it because if you cut it now and then when you decide to grow it out.... the "in between stage" sucks. It'll get to the point of where it's too short to wear pin up but to long to wear down....and now you're out of hair regulations...

JZfs720
11-18-08, 07:50 AM
understood