PDA

View Full Version : I love being a Marine.

outlaw3179
11-04-08, 09:12 AM
I love being a Marine.

I love being able to claim the title of United States Marine.

I love that we think we are better than everyone else.

I love that we always celebrate our birthday.

I love having Marine friends.

I love that people treat us like a mean dog. We look nice , and if they get to know us they can pet us , but be careful cuz well bite your f*cking hand off if you f*ck with us.

I love having a Marine sticker on the back of my car.

I love having Marine tatoos.

I love to curse and drink like a Marine.

I love wearing dress blues.

I love to think back on my time in the Marine Corps and think of all the ridiculous and amazing things that I did.

I love having an amazing sense of pride in my country, my unit , and my Marine Corps.

Semper Fi Marines.

Enigmatic
11-04-08, 09:23 AM
Ooh.....rah!

Chumley
11-04-08, 09:42 AM
What else is there?

A person on my floor at work decided to represent veterans this year by creating a veterans wall. He asked everyone that was a veteran to bring in their old military photos or memorabilia, or to represent family veterans.

I brought out my Boot camp photo ( you know the one we all have in the dress blue cover and jacket that they threw on us at some blurry point in Boot and snapped the photo that rarely ever sees a smile.

I also brought in my Boot Platoon graduation pic, which shows the Final Drill Trophy, Pugil Stick and High PFT awards. ( Man - everyone was so young!! )

The woman who I sit across from brought in her ( deceased ) husband's Navy uniforms. He participated in the WWII Pacific Theater.

We have another who became a Marine first, then who later went into the Navy reserves, then later went into the Air Guard ( and is still a reservist ).

On our floor here in the tower we have approximately 60 employees. Of us, about 10 are former military; 3 former Marines and at least 3 Marine wives. That's a lotta USMC in one spot for a civilian office.

I got a fresh high regulation last Saturday. I started wearing Marine Corps hair again about 3 years ago. Unfortunately the $4 haircuts aren't available, so at $20 a pop I don't get a fresh cut every week, but after 2-3 weeks I feel like a stinkin' hippie puke.

outlaw3179 - I love that I feel like a stinkin' hippie puke when I don't have a fresh regulation haircut.

Semper Fidelis Marines!
Chumley

Enigmatic
11-04-08, 09:51 AM
When I got out my wife said "see, now you can grow your hair out!" I tried to at first but after a month it felt like my head was infested by fleas or something, I just couldn't take it! It's funny how when I was in I hated getting a haircut every week, now I can't stand it if I go two weeks without one!

Personally, I love knowing that at 24 and as a Mexican-born naturalized resident I've done more for this great country than most American-born citizens that have been here for decades.

TJR1070
11-04-08, 10:20 AM
Is there anything better than being a Marine? If there is I haven't found it yet. Semper Fi Brothers!

Marine84
11-04-08, 11:13 AM
OORAH! Next best thing is being a WOMAN MARINE!

Eric Hood
11-04-08, 12:01 PM
I have been out of the Corps since 1981, but it never left me. I tell people that I am a Marine, they look at me strange. No, the change is forever. There are few of us. And we are that good.
Semper Fi,
Eric

FistFu68
11-04-08, 01:05 PM
:usmc: YES SIR,WHEN OLD GLORY CRACKS IN THA'WIND I WALK VERY TALL;HEARING THE MARINE CORPS HYMN MAKES ME LEAVE MY BODY!!!:usmc: :iwo:

DROD
11-04-08, 01:15 PM
Ooh Rah !

outlaw3179
11-04-08, 02:47 PM
Semper Fi Marines. I will have a beer with any one of you any day of the week. Just give me a 10 digit grid , and Ill Oscar Mike it to your pos moving heavy kinetic.

ecfree
11-04-08, 07:47 PM
:usmc: YES SIR,WHEN OLD GLORY CRACKS IN THA'WIND I WALK VERY TALL;HEARING THE MARINE CORPS HYMN MAKES ME LEAVE MY BODY!!!:usmc: :iwo:

EVERYTIME BRO

SGT7477
11-04-08, 08:53 PM
Semper FI Brother.

semperfiman
11-05-08, 12:40 AM
we dont think we are better than everyone else WE KNOW IT

ecom
11-05-08, 04:12 AM
I was in class and the teacher announced that, for the first time he can remember, that there was no school next Tuesday due to Veteran's Day so he was postponing the due date for a paper. I thought out loud and said "sweet we have a 4 day weekend" and I ended up getting a bunch of weird looks and the teacher asking me what holiday Monday is... Ooops...I don't get USMC Birthday off any more.

rb1651
11-05-08, 11:22 AM
We have a Veterans Wall up here at work for Veterans Day, so we were asked, like Chumley said, to bring in pics of yourself or family members who have served, or are currently serving in the military. They gave us a piece of paper asking who the picture was of, branch of military, and dates served. On the picture of my Dad (USAF, Ret.) I listed his dates as 1953-1975. On mine I listed 1977-Present. The woman in HR who was posting the pictures looked at me kind of funny and said that she thought I had gotten out a while back. I informed politely her that I may have hung my uniform up in 1987, but once a Marine, always a Marine!!! :marine: