PDA

View Full Version : Please Answer

Cheezballz
05-29-03, 01:37 PM
I'm leaving in two weeks to MCRD San Diego. This Friday i went to a party. I went to the bathroom not knowing their was drugs at the party(duh). When i opened the door their was a cloud in the bathroom and i guess took some smoke. I immediately closed my mouth and took a leak right away and left even without washin my hands. What is the probability of a positive test popping out at MEPS for second hand smoke. Is their is a posibility is two weeks enough for second hand smoke. This was Friday and i'm leaving not this sunday but next. Please i need to know.:no:

wrbones
05-29-03, 01:51 PM
My only impulse here is to let ya sweat. Mebbe next time you'll be smarter than the **** yer workin' with.

dgodaire
05-29-03, 01:56 PM
I would say slim to none for popping positive. Distance yourself immediately from this crowd! Believe me you will not even want to be around these people after you earn the "Title".

Cysero
05-29-03, 02:02 PM
Sorry but his kid is funny. Like those kids who stay away from eating bagels with poppy seeds. Hey kid maybe you should stay away from Coca Cola, or god forbid Chocolate. HAHA

Just messin with ya.

thedrifter
05-29-03, 02:08 PM
First you need to find new friends.......

Next it depends on the drug....

Some can stay in your system for 48 hours, and some can last as long as 2 years.....

You should ask Sixguns for the best advice to handle this situation...

The Drifter

Cheezballz
05-29-03, 03:01 PM
It was weed. It was a prom after party. But u expect people to smoke outside, cause my friend specifically didn't allow drugs in his house but u always have the people who kill it.

03Infantry
05-29-03, 03:38 PM
I agree that you should sweat. However water will flush it out of your system. Stay away from these people. I had to ditch a bunch of my friends cause they were stoners and I don't want to deal with that

thedrifter
05-29-03, 03:52 PM
Water does not flush it out of you system...........Keep following these false rumors and I'll see you all in "THE CROSS BAR HOTEL."

The Drifter

03Infantry
05-29-03, 04:02 PM
It shouldn't stay in your system. Sir (Ssgt. Drifter) I am glad to say I need nothing flushed out of my system. I got away from that crud. Cheezballz I don't think it will be in your system

Cheezballz
05-29-03, 04:03 PM
i'm lookin at stats online. I'm seeing different results.

Sparrowhawk
05-29-03, 04:05 PM
Forget it, the Corps is going to test you as soon as you get off the bus.

The best thing ou can do is dye your hair green to hide any reside from the grass that may still be there.

Also, burn the clothes you were wearing that night, but they have drug sniffing dogs at the footprints at MCRD now, so, as soon as you get off the bus, they will be able to smell that stuff if its in you even if its been 6 weeks.

But, they do have Naval waiver forms available right there, so you can transfer right into the US Navy, right there and then and there will be no questions asked.

And oneof the first thing the D.I.'s ask now as soon as you get off the bus, is, if anyone has taken any drugs to step forward.

Another thing is, if you have ever told an ethnic joke, they will immediately dismiss you for that.

But when they asked me, I asked if "polluck jokes," counted and the drill instructor said, no, so I was able to stay.

Good luck

wrbones
05-29-03, 04:11 PM
ROTF, Sparrowhawk, you are ****ing cold! LMAO!!

Cheezballz
05-29-03, 04:15 PM
SECOND-HAND MARIJUANA SMOKE AND DRUG TESTS

Alice,

I was at a party nine days ago, when my friends all started smoking pot. I didn't give in to the peer pressure. I didn't smoke any. But I did stay and hang around with them, and I think I got a little "contact buzz" from the second hand smoke. I'm in the military and have a random drug test tomorrow. Will second hand smoke show up in pee tests?? Please help me.

Thank You

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attention! It's past tomorrow, so you either passed or failed your drug test. But for future reference, second-hand marijuana smoke -- buzz producing, or not -- can show up on urine tests, but it will only produce a positive result in the first day or so after breathing in the smoke. And, by the way, that smoke would have to be so thick that it would irritate the eyes of both smokers and passive smoke breathers. Hair testing (which is rarely done because the reliability of its results is not as well established as for results from urine tests) can give information about someone's drug use over a longer time period -- say a month or so, rather than just a few days (for most drugs), or a few weeks (with heavy marijuana smoking, for example). One problem with hair testing is the possible effect that ethnic differences have on the likelihood of a drug being deposited in the hair strand.

There's more on this subject in Marijuana: How long does it hang out in the body? in Alice's Alcohol & Other Drugs archives.

Alice

March 20, 1998
-http://www.goaskalice.columbia.edu/1289.html

22DevilPup87
05-29-03, 04:25 PM
So it looks like you'll be safe, eh?

From a wannabe to a poolee ... you've chosen a tough path. Nothing about it is easy, and I haven't even signed any papers yet. Some things you'll have to leave behind, friends that use drugs being one of them.

Good luck at boot camp.

Best wishes,
Jess

wrbones
05-29-03, 04:28 PM
Cheezballz....first....ya need to find new friends.... ;)

Don't go all defensive on us. We're ****in' with ya and ya have it comin'.

We're tryin' to make damn sure ya learn this lesson the first time.

If ya hae been tokin', yer dog-****ed and ya did it to yerself. If ya haven't...mebbe you'll get by with it.

top1371
05-29-03, 04:29 PM
I did a year as a SACO - Substance Abuse Control Officer for my last battalion. <br />
<br />
Second had smoke - WILL NOT - show. If you POP, you smoked it. That comes straight from the Naval Drug Screening...

Cheezballz
05-29-03, 04:33 PM
yea i read that too. I was readin it on the NFL's substance abuse policy. I've been all over online for the past 2 1/2 hours non-stop. Thanks that helped Top 1371.

wrbones
05-29-03, 04:37 PM
Cheezballz, why don't ya post some the info ya found on a seperate thread in the POOL-ee forums. It's a topic we haven't addressed in any depth before. The Marine Corps has a zero tolerance policy and we've never thought to post anything on that subject.

Plus it'll answer any questions for future POOL-ees here before they get their pantys in a wad over it.

Consider it a punishment detail! ;)

Cheezballz
05-29-03, 04:39 PM
Thanks to you all. I really hope i pass it. I always wanted to be a Marine since sophomore year. Their had been speed bumps in my journey but I'm at that last step towards earning 'The Title'.
I hope everything goes as planned. -Cheezballz

Sixguns
05-29-03, 05:49 PM
WHEN IN DOUBT....... <br />
<br />
WAIVER IT OUT!!! <br />
<br />
<br />
You can discuss with your recruiter and NCOIC what has happened. You may even want to subject yourself to a urinaysis test on your own. Have a...

JAMarine
05-29-03, 06:02 PM
I don't know about the rest of you but I'm kinda readin between the lines here with 'ole' Cheezballz.

I'm kinda thinkin theres alot more to Cheezballz's story. Sounds fishy to me.

You hidin something in all those questions and concerns of yours Cheezballz?

You need to get your $hit together bottom line.

My Point Said.

BigCat
05-29-03, 06:15 PM
Hey kid....

You'll be just fine...I know all my friends here have been makin' ya' sweat, but....ya' brought it on yourself. Take a deep breath (of fresh air only) and relax. You now have learned your lesson and hopefully you will have distanced yourself from these so called friends. If you haven't learned your lesson, you won't be in my Corps very long. If you have learned your lesson...good for you and I hope you have a long illustrious career in my Marine Corps. Trust me (and all that have replied to you), once you earn "The Title", you'll understand why we all gave you such a hard time....

Good Luck

22DevilPup87
05-29-03, 08:43 PM
I have to agree with JAM here ... it sounds a little fishy. I'm giving Cheezballz the benefit of the doubt because I'd like to believe that those that are after the Title are honest. It doesn't sound legit to me, but if what Cheezballz told us is one hundred percent accurate then I guess he's only guilty of a poor judgement call and should be safe as long as he wises up. Even so, I'd take the advice of Sixguns

Cheezballz
05-29-03, 08:46 PM
Man i swear to God i haven't smoked pot in 2 years. That's why i'm asking u's this question because i'm nervous. I don't wanna get rejected by the Corps because i wanna be a Marine. If i smoked i woulda changed my date. But since i didn't i'm just askin this question. I seem a lil nervous because i never had a drug test before so probably that's why. But take my word for it, i didn't smoke. Thanks for the support. I understand why yous are hard on me. Got to study my General Orders before i ship off. Thanks

wrbones
05-29-03, 09:13 PM
Get used to swearin' to God. You'll be doin' it again after a bit.... :D

Sparrowhawk
05-29-03, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by Cheezballz
Man i swear to God i haven't smoked pot in 2 years.

There you go, and..., and... keep going tell us more...

Cheezballz
05-29-03, 09:33 PM
i tried it like 2 years ago. that's it. I'm was never a major pot head. 40 % of americans admit experimentin with marijuana.

Sparrowhawk
05-29-03, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Cheezballz
i tried it like 2 years ago. that's it. I'm was never a major pot head. 40 % of americans admit experimentin with marijuana.

Ovulatory dysfunction

Ovulatory dysfunction (http://www.fertilitext.org/p2_doctor/Ovudysfunction.html) is very common in women approaching menopause. Once menopause sets in, women stop ovulating. As many as 30-40% of all women may experience ovulatory dysfunction.1 This is one of the most common and most manageable causes of infertility.

Jelena Dokic's father has lashed out at lesbianism in women's tennis and said he'd kill himself if he found his daughter was gay.

Damir Dokic told Serbian paper

Svet that more than 40% of women in world tennis were lesbians.
(http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_729406.html)

And then there is this..

http://a1055.g.akamai.net/f/1055/979/5h/images.barnesandnoble.com/Pimages/popups/052903_fathersday_popup.gif

wrbones
05-29-03, 10:05 PM
OK, Cheezballz. Everyone has a had a go at you and I'm sure there's more to come! LOL.

Now the thing is, a couple of us are beginning to wonder if you are some kind of troll. Mostly, this site is pretty right of center in it's politics. A post you made on another thread was an invitaion to a flamewar.

A little test that I posed you to check on your sincerity has been failed by you as well.

You have all of the information on drug tests that we can give you. It may be time to let it all drop, stick to the POOL-ee forums and lay back for awhile and read.

In the meantime, we'll keep takin' cheap shots at ya. One fer screwing up, two fer posting the indescretion on a public forum. ( you would've been better served to PM one of us about the percieved problem) Three, because ya can't keep quiet about things that are, for the present, beyond your understanding, experience and education. Your judgement and maturity are in question right now. The more you defend yourself and object, the more you prove that you may not be fit for duty as a Marine. Right now, whatever experience you have in the Marine Corps is not likely to be a pleasant one from what you have revealed about yourself on this forum.

You've recieved some excellent advice so far on this thread. I would read, heed and then do it if I were you!

03Infantry
05-30-03, 12:01 AM
Cheezballz.........this is the best advice I can give you, that is to say yes Sir to anything the Marines on this site tell you. They are Marines and know way more than we do. Don't take it personally, we have all "gotten it" (the jokes/yelling) on this site one time or another, what shows them if you have what it takes to be a Marine is if you show them respect and dont fight back. I go to bootcamp on the 16th June so I will be right behind ya. Remember they are looking out for the best interest of the Corps, sure they may yell at your (on this site) but if you pay attention and don't fight it you will learn alot. Trust me. I went through it.

wrbones
05-30-03, 12:19 AM
It's not a matter of 'not fighting'. It's a matter of knowing the ground and picking your fight. Until you become a Marine, you have little opportunity for picking your own ground or your own fight on this or any other Marine Corps website. You don't know nearly enough yet, and you haven't earned the title! A certain amount of respect is due anyone who is older, maybe wiser, and normally more experienced and knowledgeable than you are, whether ( in yer ignorance) ya agree with them or not.

03 has learned a lesson. When ya listen, and then do what we tell ya, ya learn...and ya learn it right. I have high hopes for 03 and several other POOL-ees who've been around this site for awhile, and I am now anxiously awaiting reports from several other POOL-ees who are now at recruit training who once listened to us and learned well.

There is a lot of good advice on this thread for those who will listen, as well as a lot of teasing and givin' someone **** over a ****-up. Ya screw it up, take the hit, admit ya screwed up, learn from it and move on.

Might have to start callin Cysero "Doper" or "Weed" or somethin' from now on! :D Everyone gets a nickname sooner or later! LOL.

"Weed" sounds good, don't it?

leroy8541
05-31-03, 07:35 AM
Those famous words of Slick Willy; I didn't inhale!! <br />
Son the best words of advise I can give you as a former recruiter is that if you smoked pot you better tell your recruiter the truth right now!...

Sixguns
05-31-03, 08:42 PM
I gave my advice. Take it or leave it.

If you are sweating being in a (Marijuana) smoked-filled room, just think how much you'll be sweating at MCRD when the DIs are all around you. I can assure you that you will be an MOT pop! What's that? I wish I could tell you but then that would take all the fun out of hearing the story when you get home from MCRD (and I don't mean after graduation).

SIXGUNS

Devil0321/8541
05-31-03, 10:16 PM
What the hell are you thinking?

I would Have to agree with SixGuns and leroy8541. If you're lyin' they will find out and then kick your ass then kick it out. What is more embarassing? Going to them NOW and coming clean or being the idiot who F****d it up before he had a chance to improve his life. By all means kid do the right thing and tell them the truth now. We didn't want that kind of person (liar) in when I was there and I really doubt they do now.:mad: :marine:

Cheezballz
06-01-03, 01:35 AM
I'm not lyin, damn why would i lie, if i lied i would've changed my date. Or leave on an open contract two weeks later. I didn't smoke. Everyone attends Prom Parties. Yous don't know the neighborhood i live in. It's a crazy hood, i've seen my friends go 2 waste wit that crap. Of the original 6 friends that used 2 hang out with like 3 years ago, 3 dropped out, the rest of us are gonna graduate, 1 is going to go straight to work with his dad, one is goin to college and i enlisted. That stuff is all over the place, u go 2 the mall, i'm not lyin people passin by u smell. I'm not talkin bout here and there i'm talkin a lot of people smellin like weed. That's not my excuse though. I'm just sayin yous are puttin me out as a lier. I'm not lyin bout the second hand thing, i didn't smoke and that's the truth. One of the Marines posted saying that he worked with the Naval Hospital and said that second hand smoke won't show up on the test after a couple of dayz. I believe him because he worked their. Yous didn't and yous are judgin me for somthin i didn't do. Sure yous can judge me for me being at a party that i didn't know was gonna have drugs. I guess it's my fault i needed 2 take a leak and once i opened the washroom it reaked and had marijuana smoke. I only asked for one specific question and i kept gettin doubts. I thought Marines don't doubt each other but encourage. I've had great encouragin comments(thanksInfantry, top 1371 and more). To all your Marines, i go to PT every week for the past year and a halve, i learned a lot of Marine Corps traits. But after goin to PT for personal encouragement for the past year and a halve why would i smoke pot 2 weeks before i leave? Like the great recruiters from the office that i'm from taught us. INTEGRITY!

Barrio_rat
06-01-03, 01:59 AM
I'll give ya some heads up then. Some of your thinkin' is a little backward. Could be due to environment or just an example of our fine educational system at work. Either way, IF you make it to and through Boot Camp, come back to this site and read what you posted and see if you understand.

Many in here are speaking from experience. Not as ones who necessarily did any drugs but, rather, as persons who've been around those that did. They know how the effect a person and a unit and they don't want that in their Marine Corps.

If this seems harsh to ya, it ain't nothin' compared to Boot Camp and the Fleet can be even worse.

If you have experimented with drugs, well, that's on you. If you've stayed clear of drugs for the past two years, good on you - keep it up. Integrity is not what others think of you, it's about you. It doesn't matter what other people think as long as you know you've done the right thing for the right reasons - that's integrity.

If it is as you said, just some smoke you ran into, then I don't think you have anything to worry about. You should probably inform your recruiter though, just in case and so that he is aware of the situation. However, if you did smoke some (I'm not saying you did or didn't - that's on you) you should come clean with your recruiter now. Don't move your departure date - just step up. Going to Boot Camp you are not only showing motivation in your self but you are also representing your recruiter. This is the area where integrity comes in.

Lastly, you are correct, Marines don't doubt each other but you are not one yet.

Good luck with all this.