PDA

View Full Version : Hello all

Liftingfreak61
11-03-08, 12:03 AM
I just found this site. didn't know where to post this on the forums, but i am a 16yr old Male, and was wondering if anyone could inform me on how i could get prepared for going into the marines boot camp etc. How i should be eating or any exercise plans that have worked for someone, if so please inform me and thanks alot. God bless and stay safe :iwo:

TJKUSMC
11-03-08, 12:37 AM
Welcome. As for preparing for boot camp....RUN Forrest RUN. Also make sure your doing crunches/situps everyday. To help with your pullups make sure your doing some good ol weight lifiting at the gym. I wouldn't advise you to get too much into the whole pumping iron, but it doesn't hurt if your doing 10 or less pullups. As far as diet...if your skinny...I wouldn't worry too much about it. To be honest I drank soda and ate crap like it was going out of style before boot camp but I still managed to get 16 pullups, 110 situps and a 20 min. 3 mile. It's a pretty average pft score, but I didn't have the best diet and i still managed ok. If your a bit husky then I would make sure to cut out the fats and sugars out of your diet. Don't be the kid who has to starve himself 2 days before MEPS due to being over weight. You must also prepare yourself mentally for boot camp. Learn your general orders, rank structure, and make sure your ready for someone to yell at you 24/7. Your micromanaged in boot camp so if you don't like being told what to do you may have a rough time. If you make sure to do all of these things you should be fine. Good luck and hopefully some of my info helped you.

egbutler1
11-03-08, 12:44 AM
Run like a mofo, do lots of pull ups and sit ups and dips. Other than that work on school don't worry bout the Corps yet.

mgkusmc
11-03-08, 02:57 PM
Before you leave for boot camp shave your head completely, get a big USMC tattoo on yourself and when you get off the bus find the biggest dude around and punch him in the face and tell him exactly how it is!

Liftingfreak61
11-03-08, 04:06 PM
thanks alot for the feedback, i have been researching and seen that pull ups and pushups is a must. i am pretty skinny weight like 150. and i fully understand that i need to worry about school more than anything and i am. pulling b's and a's right now but the thing is it seems like all i can think about thats what im working for and doing all of this for is to join the marines and serve our country. As for mg, i could take your advice into concideration but doenst seem good. thanks again though, and hope everyone is staying safe

mgkusmc
11-03-08, 04:15 PM
Haha....now you know whats funny....once you earn your EGA you will remember that advice I just gave you and I almost guarantee you'll tell that to some poolee lol. I got told that when I was a poolee by two Marines I respected highly, its just something for a laugh kid.

Oh and by the way when you type the word Marine you better capitalize it.

SGT7477
11-03-08, 06:28 PM
Welcome. As for preparing for boot camp....RUN Forrest RUN. Also make sure your doing crunches/situps everyday. To help with your pullups make sure your doing some good ol weight lifiting at the gym. I wouldn't advise you to get too much into the whole pumping iron, but it doesn't hurt if your doing 10 or less pullups. As far as diet...if your skinny...I wouldn't worry too much about it. To be honest I drank soda and ate crap like it was going out of style before boot camp but I still managed to get 16 pullups, 110 situps and a 20 min. 3 mile. It's a pretty average pft score, but I didn't have the best diet and i still managed ok. If your a bit husky then I would make sure to cut out the fats and sugars out of your diet. Don't be the kid who has to starve himself 2 days before MEPS due to being over weight. You must also prepare yourself mentally for boot camp. Learn your general orders, rank structure, and make sure your ready for someone to yell at you 24/7. Your micromanaged in boot camp so if you don't like being told what to do you may have a rough time. If you make sure to do all of these things you should be fine. Good luck and hopefully some of my info helped you.

Hey Marine you took my line, Run Forrest Run, must be catchy, Carry On Brother.

yellowwing
11-03-08, 06:49 PM
thanks alot for the feedback, i have been researching and seen that pull ups and pushups is a must. i am pretty skinny weight like 150. and i fully understand that i need to worry about school more than anything and i am. pulling b's and a's right now but the thing is it seems like all i can think about thats what im working for and doing all of this for is to join the marines and serve our country. As for mg, i could take your advice into concideration but doenst seem good. thanks again though, and hope everyone is staying safe

Read the rest of the Poolee Rules notated as Sticky Posts (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9), especially the one about proper capitalization!

Attention on Deck

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I see many poolees and wannabes are not paying attention to detail. This place is looking completely UNSAT!

From here on out, you must using proper grammer and punctuation. Examples on a post:

Incorrect
how many pullups should i do

Correct
How many pullups should I do?

If you do not adhere to these rules your post will be deleted.

Carry on.

Jerry

SlingerDun
11-03-08, 07:22 PM
It appears as though your backyard is the Olympic Peninsula. Load a pack, poncho, compass, map and get yourself worn out wet and hungry. Rain forest seasoning can make you confident and double tough. The average recruit ain't.
How i should be eatingHumptulips and Hoh river Salmon/Steelheadhttp://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif
beans, potatoes, rice, vegetables etc... just eat good food and don't stuff yourself. Quit the mini-van and hump, stay active.

--->Dave

blackshirts
11-03-08, 11:07 PM
Before you leave for boot camp shave your head completely, get a big USMC tattoo on yourself and when you get off the bus find the biggest dude around and punch him in the face and tell him exactly how it is!
:confused:

HA! That's hilarious. Anyways, I do have a question about this. I shave my head now and don't know if I should roll in their with a shaved head or not. What say you?

Mingle
11-04-08, 12:16 AM
Probley not a good idea to shave your head before you go. A Marine told me one time that if you shave your head before you go, when everybody else is getting their head shaved and its your turn they will still try to get hair off your head even if you don't have any.

blackshirts
11-04-08, 12:30 AM
Makes sense to me.

I was planning on letting it grow a little bit before going to be sure.

dizark
11-04-08, 08:21 AM
Yes, I was told they dig down extra hard with the clippers to get any sort of hair from your head. I laughed and could see it happening.

Mingle
11-04-08, 11:05 AM
Yes, I was told they dig down extra hard with the clippers to get any sort of hair from your head. I laughed and could see it happening.

I was told the same thing lol.

Liftingfreak61
11-04-08, 04:02 PM
I'm sorry, wasn't aware on my spelling errors. Sorry if I might have offended anyone by not Capatalizing Marines. Thanks for some of the advice though will keep it in mind.

SGT7477
11-04-08, 07:44 PM
Probley not a good idea to shave your head before you go. A Marine told me one time that if you shave your head before you go, when everybody else is getting their head shaved and its your turn they will still try to get hair off your head even if you don't have any.
Why not shave your head and wear that Marine Corps t-shirt, just show them you have brass balls.:evilgrin: