PDA

View Full Version : Reporting in to SOI

Kp42
11-01-08, 03:21 PM
Good afternoon Marines. I got a quick question about reporting in. I'm leaving for SOI on Monday- but the check in date isn't until tuesday the 4th. Now my plane would get down there at like 1330. Should I wear my alphas and report in early or report in on tuesday after i'm there a day. Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question. I just wanna figure this all out. So if anyone knows exactly what to do I would appreciate it. Thanks Devils
PFC Petersen

Patrick Lucas
11-01-08, 07:31 PM
Good afternoon Marines. I got a quick question about reporting in. I'm leaving for SOI on Monday- but the check in date isn't until tuesday the 4th. Now my plane would get down there at like 1330. Should I wear my alphas and report in early or report in on tuesday after i'm there a day. Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question. I just wanna figure this all out. So if anyone knows exactly what to do I would appreciate it. Thanks Devils
PFC Petersen

I would wait until Tuesday to report in, but that is just me:D. Whenever I had orders that said you are directed to report NLT 2359 on XX, I would always try to report around 1600-1630 that day. That way I got the evening to myself and didn't have to start running about that day.

That being said I would NEVER EVER travel on an airplane in Alphas unless I had to. But, on the other hand you will find that a lot of Marines will do just that so you wont look bad by comparison.

egbutler1
11-02-08, 12:47 AM
PFC Petersen

I agree. You should wait but not to late because everyone will be waiting on everybody to do your check in / **** test / and all that stuff. I was west coast so on my check in day I got dressed in my Alphas at the USO and than got on a bus to SOI. But as soon as I got there we were rushed into cammies and started all the paper work and such. I arrived at 1000 and the day was not over till 0100. But we had a lot of Marines who couldn't take a leak with a SOI Instructor gazing at em'. Hope SOI is not like what it used to be just a few short years ago if it is you will wish you had your Drill Instructors back. Good Luck. SEMPER FI!

Cpl. Butler

avenger08
11-04-08, 07:58 PM
bro i wouldnt check in early if i were you because of the fact that you will do your check in and stuff, then you will be on a working party till everyone else is done checking in. working parties suck no matter where you are so if i were you i would wait till everyone else is checking in. just drink a crap load of water so that you have to **** when they ask you to. because if you are one of the lucky ones they have to wait on to pee, you are gonna get tested again. so just wait to check in and drink alot of water, and be hydrated. because soi isnt any joke. are you 03 type or mct type?

Tegan
11-05-08, 01:42 AM
Find the happy medium, if you check in early, working party here you come. BUT, dont be the one that checks in 5 minutes before hand, hiliting yourself. AND for crying out loud, DON'T be one of the new Marines I see in the USO pulling their Alphas out of their seabags and missing Eagle Globe and Anchors and wearing white socks. (Yes, I have seen it and have seen them walking in the airport amongst the population with their non-correcting buddies next to them)

BunnerRabbit
11-05-08, 03:17 PM
Check in the day earlier, If your going to have to pay for a night in a hotel and loosing a day of leave I would save my money and the day for later when you really want to use it.