PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Candy

Mike01
11-01-08, 02:59 PM
Hello Marines,

I was not sure where to post this, so since I'm asking a question I figured Ask A Marine would be a good spot.

I purchased some extra Halloween candy (and may purchase more if the good stuff is still there on sale) and was wondering if anyone knew any Marines currently deployed in Iraq or Afghanistan who would like some chocolate.

Thank you.

Phantom Blooper
11-01-08, 03:58 PM
The thought is nice....but,the chocolate will melt before it gets disbursed or in transit.Marines in the OIF are requesting hardtack candies or candies that will stand up to the heat.

If you want to give it away...maybe consider a womens shelter or a boys and girls club.:evilgrin:

Mike01
11-01-08, 04:29 PM
Good point. Thank you, sir.

I may be going to the store later, though, and I'll probably take a more informed look. Could you please give me some examples of candy that will stand up to the heat, sir? If I can find some, I'll probably pick some up.

Brewer0311
11-01-08, 06:16 PM
Good point. Thank you, sir.

I may be going to the store later, though, and I'll probably take a more informed look. Could you please give me some examples of candy that will stand up to the heat, sir? If I can find some, I'll probably pick some up.

Lifesavers (all flavors), Jolly Ranchers, Smarties, Propel Packets, Chewing Gum, Any kind of individual drink packages, and general things like that.

Those are the items I asked for other than magazines or books. The candy usually went out to the children on my patrols and the drink mixes and chewing gum for myself.

If you can find any Copenhagen for cheap that's always a money maker to someone in Iraq. The stuff that you're able to get there is nasty.

Not trying to get you to spend a ton of money. I'm just going by what me and my Marines always asked for. Anything would be appreciated and used if recieved.

SGT7477
11-01-08, 11:12 PM
Better yet hand deliver to all us Marines on this site,lol.