PDA

View Full Version : Marine Costume, sorry no entry

sfdsmokeeater
10-31-08, 05:02 PM
My wife just informed me of a child in my son's class who was refused entry at a church's "Trunk or Treat" celebration. The kids dress in costumes and walk around cars parked and decorated with the trunks open with candy, etc. My son's friend was dressed in costume as a Marine. His dad is a Marine and obviously this 5 year old is proud of his dad. While registering to enter the Trunk or Treat, my son's friend's mom was told he could not enter wearing that costume, a Marine costume. My wife said when she heard that she was really upset and let them know it. When the mom asked them why, the church official said the costume is too violent or portrays violence.

I do not know which church in Port Huron, MI this was, but I guess they really take their freedom of worship forgranted. I wish I was there and I had my son dressed as a Marine. I would have let it rang loud and clear what the uniform represents and what men and women in uniform have sacrificed for their freedom of worship. I know of Marines who were in Iraq and protected churches from attacks because they were "different" from the other beliefs. If I can find out which church and where I will let it be known here who to call and complain!

Semper Fi!

Dan

sscjoe
10-31-08, 05:15 PM
If they don't let you post the churchs contact info shot me a pm or e-mail. I think it deplorable that any organization would do that to a child. This is all I will say because say anything more I'll go on a rant.

thedrifter
10-31-08, 05:29 PM
I guess some folks need to listen and understand how the military fights for there FREEDOMS....

My first Trick or Treater was a young boy dress as a Marine...

Now I do live by Camp Lejuene so I expect to see plenty of Young Marines...;)

Ellie

Marine84
10-31-08, 05:33 PM
DANG Ms Ellie - I'm sooooooooooo jealous!

thedrifter
10-31-08, 05:37 PM
DANG Ms Ellie - I'm sooooooooooo jealous!

Kim You need to come to work with me sometime....

I do feed the liquid drink to the over 21 club Marines....;)

Getting ready to go party with them now.....:angel:

All Have a Happy and Safe Holiday!

Ellie

semperfi170
10-31-08, 05:57 PM
Let me know if you find out. I'll be glad to let them know what I think about their un-Christian attitude towards a child. Obviously, some idiot doesn't understand freedom of expression at that church and who has fought for their rights.

jrhd97
10-31-08, 10:00 PM
I would like to know also. Unreal, a church event open to the public is supposed to all inclusive. Yet they want to discriminate against a young Marine and a Marines family. Very distasteful.

Enigmatic
11-01-08, 11:09 AM
That is just unsat!

Tegan
11-01-08, 12:40 PM
totally unsat.

rickyracer
11-01-08, 01:20 PM
I would have hoped that every-one got up and and walked out the door.

I have to do that sometimes, last I heard it is still against the
law to kill stupid people.

TJKUSMC
11-01-08, 02:11 PM
They must have ties with the phelps family.

Zebra29er
11-01-08, 03:33 PM
Roger That , I would like to know also , thats my specialty emails and snail mails to let them know why they should be thankful that the Marines have been protecting their right to worship in any faith that they so chose since November 10, 1775, 233 years.

nptwildcat
11-03-08, 09:34 AM
Kiss my a##. I can't even comment on this stupidity.

Chumley
11-03-08, 09:47 AM
Kiss my a##. I can't even comment on this stupidity.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
:mad:

DevsDad
11-03-08, 11:04 AM
When my son is home he always wears his Blues to Church.. the Priest always makes a point to Bless him and shake his hand.

USMCMex
11-03-08, 01:43 PM
That is such BS, I woild also like that info on them. We all do what we do so everyone can live right and this is how they treat us. And thru the kids as well, unacceptable.

RedmanEcho5
11-05-08, 01:52 PM
"the church official said the costume is too violent or portrays violence. "

Gee, I guess dressing up like witches, demons, vampires, ghosts, goblins, etc is not violent for the "church officials".
But having children wear representations of what's good in men and women is.
Hmmmm, I think it's time to be afraid... be very afraid.

amarine0311
11-05-08, 01:58 PM
I wish stupidity was painful- very, very painful

Sgt Leprechaun
11-05-08, 03:42 PM
By ALL means, let me know as well. The sheer ignorance displayed here is beyond belief. Keep us in the loop.

Buckeye
11-05-08, 04:50 PM
:evilgrin:Unfreaken Believeable!!!!:thumbdown

jetdoc
11-05-08, 06:26 PM
Stupid church.

Zebra29er
11-05-08, 06:40 PM
Stupid church.

Its not the church that is "Stupid" its the circle jerks that runs it

SGT7477
11-05-08, 06:56 PM