PDA

View Full Version : So my ship date has been pushed once again.

EngelDesTodes
10-31-08, 12:01 PM
I guess my ship date was pushed off again, from nov, 3rd - the first monday of the week my passport arrives, I got it expedited for nothing, paid 200 dollars to wait another 2 weeks. I do not understand, its making me really angry, I been ready since oct 27th, but found out 3 days before i needed a passport, because my birth certificate was no good, then changed to nov 3rd, now 3 days before once again, changed it to 17th, or the 10th..... eeeeeeerrrrr, there is a very good posibility that my passport would arrive tomorrow, and he said he had to buy the ticket today, no way to refund the ticket, if missed? I do not understand.

yellowwing
10-31-08, 12:29 PM
Slow down a bit Reis. One thing you will come to understand is that the Marine Corps documents everything. Its nothing personal directed at you.

Its been that way forever. Roll with it, go PT if you need to burn off some frustration.

It will happen. Before you know it you'll be on those Yellow Footprints.

Hang in there! :thumbup:

0231Marine
10-31-08, 12:38 PM
Welcome to the Marine Corps...hurry up and wait!

EngelDesTodes
10-31-08, 01:04 PM
Slow down a bit Reis. One thing you will come to understand is that the Marine Corps documents everything. Its nothing personal directed at you.

Its been that way forever. Roll with it, go PT if you need to burn off some frustration.

It will happen. Before you know it you'll be on those Yellow Footprints.

Hang in there! :thumbup:
Is there anyway he can order a ticket on a saturday if my passport arrives? Just curious, not sure how it really works.

yellowwing
10-31-08, 01:55 PM
Is there anyway he can order a ticket on a saturday if my passport arrives? Just curious, not sure how it really works.
You'll ship in the next normal cycle. Relax.

polizei
10-31-08, 02:15 PM
That's a lot of moto...well done. I'm sure you'll be there before you know it.

SGT7477
11-01-08, 08:47 AM
Before you know it you will be getting SOME.

Echo_Four_Bravo
11-01-08, 09:17 AM
I am sure that the Marine Corps uses a particular ticket agent/travel agent to send recruits to boot camp from your MEPS station. That person probably isn't open on Saturday, and no he cannot just go somewhere else. Government contracts are pretty tricky and involved, and it is far above the recruiter's pay grade to go somewhere else.

I know you're frustrated, but in the end it won't matter too much. You'll still get to the yellow footprints and still have your opportunity to earn our Title.

danieljogbn
11-01-08, 07:07 PM
More time to PT, and get that 300 PFT!

EngelDesTodes
11-02-08, 04:09 PM
More time to PT, and get that 300 PFT!

My passport finally arrived I'm looking to ship around Nov. 10th now of 2008 :) VERY EXCITED.

Wyoming
11-02-08, 04:16 PM
Chill out - Get laid - Workout

Look at it this way, your ship date is the 10th.

I think there is a bit of Marine Corps significance to that date.

Can't remember it right now, but it'll come to me.

TJKUSMC
11-02-08, 07:24 PM
Chill out - Get laid - Workout

Look at it this way, your ship date is the 10th.

I think there is a bit of Marine Corps significance to that date.

Can't remember it right now, but it'll come to me.

Damn Nov. 10th eh? I think your right about that date being significant...hmmm. Maybe some of our poolees can help us out?

SGT7477
11-02-08, 07:39 PM
Poolees we are waiting for an answer.

Abyss
11-02-08, 07:41 PM
November 10th, 1775.

The Birth of the Marine Corps.

EngelDesTodes
11-02-08, 08:14 PM
November 10th, 1775.

The Birth of the Marine Corps.

1775 nov 10, Only if i was here to read it, i would of answered.

SGT7477
11-02-08, 08:24 PM
You have all won 50 pushups.

MLMonk
11-02-08, 08:27 PM
Don't be down about the move backs...You would want to spend as much civilian time as possible..believe me, I at first did not believe that and I wanted to go in as soon as possible. About the 2nd week in bootcamp you'll start to realize that you wanted to wait just a bit longer. Keep training, don't get hooked on any "muscle enhancers" like creatine, and if you smoke, stop smoking.

LeDave
11-03-08, 02:44 AM
Wait, what do you need your passport for? Because I only have my birth certificate, social security card, and high school diploma. I thought this was all you need for when you go to MCRD? I had a Passport back when I was in 7th grade but it's expired now.

EngelDesTodes
11-03-08, 08:42 AM
Wait, what do you need your passport for? Because I only have my birth certificate, social security card, and high school diploma. I thought this was all you need for when you go to MCRD? I had a Passport back when I was in 7th grade but it's expired now.

My birth certificate was no good, so I had to use my unexpired passport, and GUESS WHAT I SHIP OUT TOMORROW.

0231Marine
11-03-08, 08:52 AM
Hope you have fixed that attitude by then...if not, that's ok. The Drill Instructors will give you some special attention!

Good Luck though

Wyoming
11-03-08, 08:55 AM
Hope you have fixed that attitude by then...if not, that's ok. The Drill Instructors will give you some special attention!

Good Luck though

You beat me to the punch here. My thoughts exactly.

LeDave
11-03-08, 02:21 PM
My birth certificate was no good, so I had to use my unexpired passport, and GUESS WHAT I SHIP OUT TOMORROW.

how do i know if my birth certificate is good or not for when i go to MCRD? i used it for meps and i was fine.

MLMonk
11-03-08, 05:25 PM
You won't even need your birth certificate at MCRD. The only time I have needed my BC was when I faxed it to MEPS.