PDA

View Full Version : What percentage?

EngelDesTodes
10-30-08, 02:52 PM
Ok, what i want to know is what percent of the people actually go to bootcamp overweight, then make it through/fail.

what percent go into the bootcamp not being able to perform the required ist, then make it through the bootcamp/fail.

also what percentage of the polees get there with no physical problems, make it through bootcamp/fail.

Im not seeking a specific percentage, lets say its out of 10 people for each group. Like on average what are the ratio like, Im like 5 lbs overweight my maximum weight, but im really bulky guy(but there are definately alot of fat I could lose), my friend who is currently a cpl, told me there were alot of fat kids at bootcamp is this true? Sorry if it has been posted before. It's just a hard topic/question to research heh, also I havn't been around this forum too long check out my post :)

<----

oh ya i ship out in 4 days for SD, NOV 3rd.

for the record I weigh 191lbs 5'9" 21y/o (I would say i could lose 20-25lbs duration of this bootcamp, and be at my maximum potential athelete like i was in high school weighed like 170 was really atheletic, I can do the mile and a half in like 10:30seconds do 4-5 pullups, and about 50-60 crunches.

EngelDesTodes
10-30-08, 02:59 PM
sorry ran out of time to edit continue...

I know if i drop like 20-30 lbs I can push that 4-5 pullups into 15-20 pullups, I am very confident in my strength I just believe the weight is the only thing holding me back.

Enigmatic
10-30-08, 03:00 PM
What? Dude your post gave me a headache. First, fill out your profile more. Secondly, if you REALLY want the Title, you'll be FINE! FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION!

OB MSG
10-30-08, 03:04 PM
The only percentage that you should be worrying about is the percentage of how much effort you are going to be putting out in Boot!

If you think it is anything less than 100% then you need to go somewhere else. If you tell yourself you will make it then you will. Unless of course you get broke, but even that is a temporary set-back.

EngelDesTodes
10-30-08, 03:10 PM
What? Dude your post gave me a headache. First, fill out your profile more. Secondly, if you REALLY want the Title, you'll be FINE! FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION!

Sorry about that Sir, I didn't know you were suppose to edit your profile, I just saw the sticky also, so I have edited it.

The only percentage that you should be worrying about is the percentage of how much effort you are going to be putting out in Boot!

If you think it is anything less than 100% then you need to go somewhere else. If you tell yourself you will make it then you will. Unless of course you get broke, but even that is a temporary set-back.

To be honest with you sir, its not the failure I'm thinking about, this is just for my own curiosity, I have nothing but success in my mind, I will honestly crawl to the finish line if i have to, I know it is completely different from sports, but I do believe it is the same physical nature, where you have to push yourself to become the best, only difference is you are doing this under major stress, while working as a team. I've grown up around sports all my life, so I definitely know to push myself when it matters. But, like i said its just to satisfy my own curiosity. Sorry, if this upsets some of you guys.

OB MSG
10-30-08, 03:21 PM
No, I'm not upset. I just feel your time and energy can be put to more constructive pursuits with you being this close to shipping out.

But to be honest, I never gave it any thought as to how the percentages break down. In my Platoon we started with 72 Recruits, dropped I think 7 after the IST, picked up 3 out of PCP and then picked up 1 more later on from another Platoon for disciplinary reasons. All told, my Platoon graduated 69 Marines.

So, I'll let you crunch the numbers on that. But don't get your self distracted from the goal of gaining the title.

Good Luck!

Enigmatic
10-30-08, 03:23 PM
We're not staticians, we're Marines. You can satisfy your curiosity by stepping on the yellow footprints.

BTW, Dwight, Illinios, huh? Don't pick up any female hitchhikers! Unless the ex-felon type is a turn on for you....

EngelDesTodes
10-30-08, 03:28 PM
We're not staticians, we're Marines. You can satisfy your curiosity by stepping on the yellow footprints.

BTW, Dwight, Illinios, huh? Don't pick up any female hitchhikers! Unless the ex-felon type is a turn on for you....

LOL, yes sir, we sure are known for our women prison, but 69/72, thats pretty good #'s. BTW, im only shipping out on third if my passport arrives on time, entered as delay entry program around june/july, found out 3 days before i ship out on the 27th of oct, that I needed another form of identification, so had to get my passport expedited, which also cost me 200 dollars, hopefully it will arrive within the next 2 days, or my ship date will once again be postponed.

Enigmatic
10-30-08, 03:32 PM
LOL, yes sir, we sure are known for our women prison

I had to take a tour of it for my Corrections class. As well as Statesville.
Anyways, I hope everything works out for you and you ship out on time. Just DON'T SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF, ok?

EngelDesTodes
10-30-08, 03:36 PM
I had to take a tour of it for my Corrections class. As well as Statesville.
Anyways, I hope everything works out for you and you ship out on time. Just DON'T SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF, ok?

I almost typed, I will do my best, but to your question, I won't think about it at all just focus on the main goal with my game face on :evilgrin:.