PDA

View Full Version : FAST Marine

oz-13-ms
10-30-08, 01:12 PM
I have researched and asked several Marines about FAST and how to become a FAST team member, they answered with exactly what FAST does and how to become a FAST Marine, but with the explination they warned that first i have to sign up as security force, and that to be selected for FAST is luck of the draw. Is that true? Is there really nothing else they take into concideration when selecting FAST Marines? Thanks to all who reply.

Echo_Four_Bravo
10-30-08, 01:32 PM
We've talked about this countless times. Your understanding seems to be pretty close to correct. Do a search and you can find everything you could want to know.

oz-13-ms
10-30-08, 01:44 PM
Yes, Sir i have searched this site and the internet about FAST but i have yet to find an exact answer to my question, i understand that not every question will be answered to my liking. I have seen the official site that explains FAST and on said site they answered my question but it it seems a little silly to me that they would assign Marines to FAST based on "luck of the draw." Is this indeed the method they use? Thanks.

Enigmatic
10-30-08, 02:10 PM
At any given time there are countless Marines going through the BSG course, and they almost all want to go to FAST. But guess what? There's only 3 FAST Companies, six platoons in each, about 45 Marines in each platoon. Each Marine assigned to a platoon does a two-year tour in FAST before going out to the FMF. So guess what? If none of the 800 or so Marines already attached to a FAST Platoon are due to PCS anytime soon, you're not going to FAST. That's just how it is. Needs of the Corps.

Hey, if you really want to be with FAST, you could always try again after you do your time in the fleet. If you wanna stick around that long. For now, I would just worry about making it through boot camp.

TJKUSMC
10-30-08, 02:18 PM
I would just worry about making it through boot camp.

Most of the Poolees who ask questions about recon, fast, ect. need to take this advice.

oz-13-ms
10-30-08, 02:20 PM
Yes Sir, i understand. Even if FAST is not a possibility im am looking for an opening in 8152 or 8156. Then is FAST is an option at anytime i will work from there, Thanks for the information.

Enigmatic
10-30-08, 02:32 PM
Yes Sir, i understand. Even if FAST is not a possibility im am looking for an opening in 8152 or 8156. Then is FAST is an option at anytime i will work from there, Thanks for the information.

Repeat your last??? You can't go 8156 outta boot camp. And if you complete BSG, you'll have that 8152 B-MOS, FAST or not.

Achped
11-02-08, 01:27 AM
Most of the Poolees who ask questions about recon, fast, ect. need to take this advice.

Marine you are locked on, I am liking your take-no-bs attitude that.

egbutler1
11-02-08, 01:28 AM
I have researched and asked several Marines about FAST and how to become a FAST team member, they answered with exactly what FAST does and how to become a FAST Marine, but with the explination they warned that first i have to sign up as security force, and that to be selected for FAST is luck of the draw. Is that true? Is there really nothing else they take into concideration when selecting FAST Marines? Thanks to all who reply.

I have answered this question at-least 3 times on this site. But i will bite one last time. You have to sign up for security forces UV than go to boot camp soi and than BSG. Once you are about to graduate BSG you will get interviewed by some SNCOs and Officers where they grill about everything stated in your enlistment package you filled out before going to boot camp this is for your security clearance. Getting selected for FAST is not "luck of the draw" they base it off your performance as a Marine thus far how you did in BSG the type of clearance you can get PFT, rifle/pistol scores GT score and the biggest reason the needs of the Marines at that time. It helps to not be able to achieve a top secret clearance cause if you manage to get that you will more than likely be placed with PRP and guard nuclear subs. Or open doors for the president or some other YW MOS. If you get lucky enough to make FAST you will be having so pretty slick training and more than likely do some pretty cool missions. Hell my FAST Plt got to do the Olympics in 2004 with some pretty high speed guys from the navy, good times. Once I got to the fleet I missed all the jumping out of helicopters, CQB training, spending 30 days out at AP Hill blowing threw 100's of thousands of rounds, tons of rockets frags the works, the 1000's of rounds i got to put down range a week, the fleet turned out to be rather slow.

Enigmatic
11-03-08, 09:24 AM
Oh, and if you make it hope you enjoy that OC....