PDA

View Full Version : General Discharge benefits

afelle27
10-30-08, 09:41 AM
Without giving away too much info, I may be getting admin sept, and I have a good chance of leaving with a General Discharge. Unfortunatly, I made some stupid decisions, and I've been regreting them...

Tegan
10-30-08, 09:59 AM
WELL, after looking you up, your job description says ADMIN CLERK. If you work in ADMIN, wouldn't you know the benefits better than us?
This isn't aimed at you, but I have no tolerance for Marines that signed the contract and end up messing themselves up and saying they regretted their bad judgement. It's not that hard to serve your term(s) honorably. You joined wanting to be the best right? Do you think you could make bad decisions and still be one of the best?
.. ok maybe this was aimed at you.

BigAl.. enjoy.

Marine84
10-30-08, 10:04 AM
Oh Lord................here we go. Popping popcorn now - T, you got the beer?

Tegan
10-30-08, 10:09 AM
yep.. i got it.

Enigmatic
10-30-08, 10:11 AM
I've never, ever heard an Admin Clerk ask a question that they SHOULD at least know WHERE to find the answer to! Haven't you ever heard of the MARCORSEPSMAN???? Haven't you ever done an Admin Sep package? Haven't you ever ran one in UD/MIPS? Haven't you ever wanted to at least learn HOW, since as how you know, it is ADMIN CLERKS that do that.

One of your regrets should be never learning your job, Marine.

TJR1070
10-30-08, 10:16 AM
If I remember correctly aren't there two types of General Discharge? One under honorable conditions and one under other than honorable conditions. I think that would mostly relate to benefits within...

SupChf
10-30-08, 11:44 AM
Oh Lord................here we go. Popping popcorn now - T, you got the beer?

No need to dig into your pockets ladies, I'll foot this tab......

CHOPPER7199
10-30-08, 02:25 PM
Very Well Put Tjr. I Got Out With A General, Under Honorable Condtions. I Do Not Regret A Thing I Did. I Do Get V.a. Bennies. YOU ARE SUPPOSE TO STAND UP FOR THE WEAK I HAD THOUGHT.

nptwildcat
10-30-08, 03:04 PM
Okay, I give. What VA Benefits is everyone talking about? I thought
you only got bennies if you were service connected..i.e. wounded.

outlaw3179
10-30-08, 03:57 PM
Wow I guess REMFS never f*ck up .

"Take me to the Brig. I want to see the "real Marines". "
Major General Chesty Puller, USMC - while on a Battalion inspection.

Tegan
10-30-08, 11:21 PM
deleted

Quinbo
10-31-08, 03:30 AM
Of course now you have left it open to speculation on why you would be getting a general discharge. Couldn't have been that bad or you would be getting an OTH. Did you make some ID cards and...

TJR1070
10-31-08, 08:30 AM
Sgt. Bulkyker that isn't a personal list is it? LOL <br />
<br />
The VA benefits I am talking about are many, the most important two things in my book would be my GI bill and VA home loan. Also I think the...

afelle27
10-31-08, 12:41 PM
I popped, simple as that.

Tegan
10-31-08, 12:50 PM
ha.
simple.
obviously not so simple.

oldtop
10-31-08, 12:56 PM
The only thing you loose with a General Discharge is the education benefits under the Montgomery GI Bill. You are elligable for all other benefits, even if it is General UOTH conditions. You cannot...

Marine84
10-31-08, 01:19 PM
I popped, simple as that.

Don't ya hate them pop quizzes?