PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Marine Barracks Naples

rock13
10-28-08, 11:38 PM
Looking for Marines stationed at Marine Barracks Naples Italy, 1977 to 1979. Also those stationed at the Detachment post in Sicily.

japouch
11-17-08, 10:22 AM
Take a look at this site,www.marbarnaples.com This site is for marines stationed at the barracks from 1954 to present. Sign up it's free,you can also post photo's there. It's a newer site started in 2006,give it a try it may help you find someone, also pass it on to all former marines from naples. Hope this helps you. Email me at japouch@verizon.net if you have any problems.

powerman5000ca
11-23-08, 10:07 PM
Looking for Marines stationed at Marine Barracks Naples Italy, 1977 to 1979. Also those stationed at the Detachment post in Sicily.

I was there between 77-79 . Who's this .
L/Cpl John Santos

japouch
11-28-08, 11:04 AM
I was there in 61-63. Sign up at the website www.marbarnaples.com (http://www.marbarnaples.com) I found some people I worked with back then,it's a free site. Goodluck.
PFC Gary Gouchie

60gunners
12-09-08, 04:04 PM
Rock13 I to was there in naples and capo 78 to 81 I saw your profile I cannot see your face? did you spend time before you went back stateside? dave

powerman5000ca
12-12-08, 02:28 PM
Hey , I remember you . I have a picture Nolan took of you and I . You're squad was on the floor below us . Remember L/CPL Livingston, L/CPL lienhart , L/CPL Evans ,Capt. Cunningham, Sgt McCoole , Sgt Tony Lazano ( Capo ) L/CPL Joey Yates , L/Cpl Alamo .
Did'nt you work with Cpl Nolan .
You can ( if you want ) contact me @

powerman5000ca@lycos.com

L/Cpl John Santos

RBags
12-30-08, 12:50 AM
I wasn't at the Barracks but I was on a Med Cruise and in Naples in '78. Loved being on the ship and hitting different ports it was a gas. I envy you, Naples was not the best but it was still alright. I remember I was walkin the "gut" of Naples when I heard about Jonestown massacre. never forget it.

mimaldonado
05-22-09, 12:54 PM
Well, Look no further WHAT'S UP SANTOS! It's Cpl. Michael Maldonado station at the post from Sept.1977 till Dec.1979.They had to send back to Camp Pendelton to Echo Co. (co.@nd)2nd.Bat. 1st First Marines. I was having to much fun..At 18 years old. I couldn't have more prouder being station at NAS.I remember everything, and I mean everything and everybody. It was an Life changing expereine.If anybody can remember what I did when I Crash my girlfriend Jenny Dad's (Senior Chief Arvidson renault) off the cliiff by the hospital total the car and to this day jenny and I don't even know we survive it.I can tell you guys I kill a few Fiat awell..Ha! Ha! Mostly You Guys were the best group of Fellow Marine ever to be station overseas.I'm in Dallas Tx. e-mail:michael_maldonad@hotmail.com

Sempi Fi MARINES :evilgrin:

abimaelt
12-11-09, 11:37 PM
John Santos, Paul Alamo, Roberto Jimenez, Michael, Nolan, I remember all of you I too was stationed at Marine barracks Naples. I'm sure you remember the disco Kriss club ! Al Torres remember me I hung out with Alamo, Ralph Ortiz. My girlfriend was Kim Jones. It was a great time, I was over at NATO headquarters it was great. It was the best time of my life hanging out with all of you guys. I still live in New York and also Ralph Ortiz. We're both electricians for New York City. Anyway it's a pleasure you can e-mail me at abimaelt@aol.com or call -9174401472

Al Torres usmc:usmc:

rock13
04-21-10, 12:01 AM
I've been offline for a while but I see a few people I remember has responded. Good to hear some of the stories. Come back more often so we can share more and find more Marine we were stationed with.

Sgt. R. Felton :flag:

60gunners
04-21-10, 08:54 PM
hey Jarheads, Its good to hear from some of you, some of us can be found on facebook, Sgt felton were you station at capo at one time. my e-mail is dlnolan914@yahoo.com

powerman5000ca
08-10-10, 09:21 PM
Haven't been here for a while but frickin
Al Torres
What's going on man .
Here in California enjoying the Sunshine .
Been lucky avoiding unemployment , working with 3.7 Billion $ Biotech Co.
( past 12 years / Senior Tech )
I regularly chat with Crazy Dave Nolan ( 60sgunner )
and Michael ( can't drive for **** ) Madonado ( mimaldonado )
Really good to hear from you . Have you heard or spoken with Alamo .
I'll be sure to check back here more often .

Anyone know this " Rock13 " = Richard Felton . Sure he was just a L/Cpl just like the rest of us ( except Nolan , he was already a Cpl ) but I can't remember even after I looked at the picture .

Talk to Dave when you have a chance , he remembers a ton of people ( people I had forgotten ) until he mentions the name and then it all comes back to me .

Talk to you soon
John Santos

jpetrie
02-08-11, 04:41 PM
:flag: I was ther July 77 to July 80. Spent time at Capo also. Left as a Cpl, luckily. Ran into Capt. Tourek on Okinawa in 91. Now a LtCol, he took over as the CO, I was his Squadron Gunny.

I retired in 96 and am now living in Memphis.

Joe Petrie

powerman5000ca
02-08-11, 08:37 PM
:flag: I was ther July 77 to July 80. Spent time at Capo also. Left as a Cpl, luckily. Ran into Capt. Tourek on Okinawa in 91. Now a LtCol, he took over as the CO, I was his Squadron Gunny.

Joe Petrie

I remember you
How's it going . You need to contact the other guys in this chain , I'm sure you know all of them too ( Torres , Nolan & Maldonado )
Are you set up in facebook

jpetrie
02-10-11, 07:52 AM
I remember most of the guys in the chain, I am on facebook and if you guys havn't been there, Together We Servered.
http://marines.togetherweservered/usmc/index.jsp This is a great site. I didn't spend alot of time in the barracks, I got married over there and of course lived out in town. Still married, to the same woman. Both my kids are married and I have now have 2 grandchildren. Contact me, it would be great to hear from everyone.

jpetrie59@comcast.net

dvop1
05-27-11, 09:57 AM
Rock, I served in Naples from 1976 - 1978

dvop1
05-27-11, 10:00 AM
Joe, Cpl. Cox here. I was the COG in Capo - original Capo Commando ... LOL

Lenny
02-07-12, 10:34 AM

Joe Petrie wanted to say hi joe stood up in your wedding back in naples...lenny

moneyfornothin
06-27-13, 11:15 PM
I was stationed in Sigonella Sicily from November 1979 to June 1981.

Cpl TJ Morgan

Lenny
12-28-14, 02:07 PM
rip joe petrie you shall not be forgotten

alansmithcsa
09-14-15, 06:11 PM
PFC Smith

Prolinebacker53
10-18-15, 08:56 PM
Hello fellow Marines,
Its been roughly 35 years ago that I was stationed at Marine Barracks Italy.
This evening, while searching for a specific Marine Corps item that I wanted to buy, looking on Google, I was re-directed to this website. While here, I saw that there were some former Marines looking for others that they worked with several years ago. In fact, they were stationed exactly where I was stationed- in Naples, Italy. I was totally surprised by this, simply because I didn't know that anyone ever did that.
Well, that's what I'm hoping to do, too. I hope to hear from anyone who was stationed there from Oct. '81 thru Oct. '83.
I was a Cpl. with 3rd Section (Third Herd), and worked at NSA, NATO, and Capo, as COG, on our duty days.
Some of the names I recall are:
GSgt. Adele, SSgt. Tasher, Sgt. Crocker, Cpl. Watson, Cpl. Warren, David Teggatz, and Major Lawson. There were so many others whose names I do not recall at this moment, but with your help it would be great.
Please, if you read this and could help, respond.
Thanks, and Semper Fi... do or die...:flag:

roadkill63
02-05-16, 07:58 PM
I was at the barracks from 80 to 81. If anyone remembers making the movie "La Pelle" with Burt Lancaster and Ken Marshall would love to hear from you. Maj Lawson was CO and Capt Cunningham was XO at the time.

MACH V
02-20-16, 11:02 PM
I was Third Plt. Sgt. MCSFCO NAPLES from 93-96. WHO YA WIT???

Rnwheeler3
11-27-16, 03:04 PM
My father was there during this time