PDA

View Full Version : Can I have some info on 0313 LAV crewman

MrGoldCal
10-28-08, 07:12 PM
Hello everyone, I am currently talking to a recruiter about position of 0313 LAV Crewman, I am aware it is an infantry MOS and iv read everything on it at http://usmilitary.about.com/od/enlistedjo2/a/0313n.htm but Im wondering if anyone here had some other information about the subject. I have also google searched the h*ll out of it and found just the basic facts and I know how everyone here always tells poolees to google it so I took care of that ahead of time.

Any information is appreciated thanks :beer:

RYDERKUR
10-28-08, 07:16 PM
It's not a guarantee. They ask for volunteers at SOI and I don't even know if all the companies even ask for '13 volunteers. There are the number of slot things to deal with too. What I'm saying is it's not a guarantee at all and there are some fairly stringent quals that you have to have too.

MrGoldCal
10-28-08, 09:13 PM
It's not a guarantee. They ask for volunteers at SOI and I don't even know if all the companies even ask for '13 volunteers. There are the number of slot things to deal with too. What I'm saying is it's not a guarantee at all and there are some fairly stringent quals that you have to have too.

What the h*ll? you have to ask for it at SOI? I thought you could list your proffered MOS and then they put you in that MOS school after you pass SOI? How strange, well I still want to be infantry though

yellowwing
10-28-08, 09:33 PM
Do a site search on SOI. There is plenty of information on how selections are made in each specific 03 MOS's.

SGT VAS
10-29-08, 09:23 AM
I was one of 20 or so Marines that had a drivers license on them when they asked for 0313 volunteers (have a clean driving record too). Luck of the draw I guess. PM me if you have individual questions so we don't tie up the threads.

MrGoldCal
10-29-08, 04:52 PM
I was one of 20 or so Marines that had a drivers license on them when they asked for 0313 volunteers (have a clean driving record too). Luck of the draw I guess. PM me if you have individual questions so we don't tie up the threads.

Thank you, I will SGT. currently I have never even gotten a ticket *knock on wood*

WKranz
11-01-08, 12:13 AM
What the h*ll? you have to ask for it at SOI? I thought you could list your proffered MOS and then they put you in that MOS school after you pass SOI? How strange, well I still want to be infantry though

You can list the preferred MOS's of those that are offered. My Company does not not offer 0352 because there isn't an instructor for it. 0313's train with 11's then have a school that is a month long after SOI. Only Reservists have the guarantee for it.

JordanB
11-04-08, 01:45 PM
The only way you can get guarenteed 0313 is if you sign up as a reservist in which case (assumeing you make it through the training and yada yada) you would go to their reserve unit 4th LAR. If you go active duty then I belive the only contracts are 03xx which guarentees you to be a grunt but your job is determined in itb (if you pick 0311 as your first choice in itb you almost always get it) if you still become a 13 active duty then you will ither go to 1st 2nd or 3rd LAR on ither the east or west coast. Im a 0311 in 2nd LAR and have a lot of buddys who are 13s, most of them dont like it and say they wish they could go back to being 11's, a small few of them like it. Tell you what though, its if you do get assigned to an LAR unit: NO HUMPS!

Pete0331
11-04-08, 02:01 PM
When I was in receiving for ITB they gave us the choice to pick up with the next possible company or to wait for a company that offered 0352 and 0313.

I have known many 0311, 0331, 0341, and 0351's that have been assigned to LAR,
but they operated in a scout role.

SGT VAS
11-05-08, 06:30 AM
Tell you what though, its if you do get assigned to an LAR unit: NO HUMPS![/quote]

You know damn well we have vehicle appreciation days when the company commander is ****ed :) Nothing like humping in 29 Palms in 110 degrees when you have a perfectly good LAV sitting on the ramp!

JordanB
11-09-08, 10:05 PM
Haha yeah I heard about vic appreation, I checked into the unit last year after we did that ****, atleast with us we aint got the hills. As far as 31's we dont have any, I think 2 guys in our bn had 31 as a secondary mos but no primary machine gunners.