PDA

View Full Version : Question on priors

blackshirts
10-28-08, 06:36 PM
How's it going Sirs? I've been lurking on this board for a good bit recently. In fact, last night I was reading this board until 5am. <br />
<br />
I am a 21 year old going to school at the University of...

carpe noctum
10-28-08, 06:43 PM
Well, when I was trying to get a buddy of mine enlist, I told my recruiter my friend had some DWI's and some other small, yet related offenses. He said it should not be a problem unless he's on probation or awaiting trial.

Echo_Four_Bravo
10-28-08, 06:56 PM
If your obligations are all taken care of (fines, probation, etc.) you should be OK. There will be a waiver process, some jobs may not be available to you, but it won't be the end of the world.

One word of warning, the modern Marine Corps takes alcohol related offenses very seriously. Once you're in the Marine Corps things like this can be career enders.

sparkie
10-28-08, 08:22 PM
Hic!

TJKUSMC
10-28-08, 08:34 PM
The Marine Corps has accepted more and more civilians reguardless of there run ins with the law. As long as your fines are paid and you have no probation you should be ok. Some things may have to be waivered if they find them to be serious enough. Since you have some college you will probably leave boot camp as a PFC. Just be careful to not get in trouble....You wouldn't want to get NJPed for old habits you braught with you from college into the Marine Corps. Good luck with everything.

Wyoming
10-28-08, 08:38 PM
Just don't lie.

No waivers for lying.

Phantom Blooper
10-28-08, 09:07 PM
You can apply for waivers and they will take awhile but they will probally be granted. <br />
<br />
I don't know you.....however I can tell you a waiver is not going to do you a bit of good if at 21 years of...

Rev3ngE
10-28-08, 10:30 PM
I'm going to assume MIPs are misdemeanor possession charges. Now if you have had 4 of those and a 1 DUI im going to tell you right now its going to be very hard for them to get you in. EACH charge...

blackshirts
11-03-08, 08:27 PM
That is terrible news. MIP=minor in possession of alcohol. If you're at a party with any alcohol, you are issued an MIP. Nebraska's the #1 state in the nation for them because other states tell the...

blackshirts
11-03-08, 10:00 PM
Yes, Sir. I've changed my ways, and as I said, I haven't been in trouble for two years. If you have anymore time, could you expand on what you said about waivers being no good? <br />
<br />
The last guy to...

Rev3ngE
11-04-08, 12:09 PM
I didn't say you would not be able to get the waivers. I said the more waivers that you have the less likely hood of you getting accepted. Meaning the more charges you have the worse it is going to...

FromMD
11-04-08, 08:55 PM
Depending on Nebraska's policies you may be able to pay a small fee and get them removed from your record at the court house after a certain period of time. As mentioned before DO NOT LIE about your record.

SGT7477
11-04-08, 08:58 PM
You had better get your poop in a group.:evilgrin:

sparkie
11-04-08, 09:06 PM
You had better get your poop in a group.:evilgrin:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA