PDA

View Full Version : Receiving Questions

MVFolino68
10-28-08, 03:48 PM
I've looked around and can't really find too many specifics about receiving once you get to MCRDPI. Can someone tell me what happens after you get on the yellow footprints and walk through the doors? As far as getting gear and when they take your civilian stuff. Also is the medical and dental screening the same as MEPS minus the dental? I leave Nov. 3rd and nerves are setting in and I like to be prepared..

CyX
10-28-08, 04:00 PM
As far as getting into receiving it is what it is. Lots of stuff to fill out and you get rid of your "Civi" trash. You are issued your gear and get a haircut - nothing terrible.

Basically the medical stuff is Eye exams, dental exams(basic dental checkup with followup work later on during training). You'll get innocs(shots) and take some blood for DNA and testing for HIV/AIDS and other garbage. Still not bad.

I'm not going to go into a whole digression of what happens because your Receiving Drill Instructors will answer any questions you might have and trust me, You'll be able to hear them. Your recruiter will give you all of the information you will need prior to arriving on the MCRD you will be going to. Nerves are nerves just do some breathing exercises and get some sleep on the bus. You'll need it.

I wouldn't worry too much about what's gonna happen - Do what you're told when you're told and sound off. Keep your eyes on your main goal in Boot Camp and soak as much information in as possible. It may save your life one day.

THAT AINT IT
10-28-08, 04:33 PM
Receiving was the hardest time I had down there...that was the only thing no one had ever told me anything about. You'll be running around the Island, at least the receiving part for about 2 days with little to no sleep. Here's a hint, when they tell you to put you head down, put it down and get some freaking sleep.

Achped
10-29-08, 12:03 AM
Looking back, receiving was the only part of boot that I really honest to God wanted to quit in, and it was the easiest part of training!

Quinbo
10-29-08, 12:25 AM
As far as getting into receiving it is what it is. Lots of stuff to fill out and you get rid of your "Civi" trash. You are issued your gear and get a haircut - nothing terrible.

Basically the medical stuff is Eye exams, dental exams(basic dental checkup with followup work later on during training). You'll get innocs(shots) and take some blood for DNA and testing for HIV/AIDS and other garbage. Still not bad.

I'm not going to go into a whole digression of what happens because your Receiving Drill Instructors will answer any questions you might have and trust me, You'll be able to hear them. Your recruiter will give you all of the information you will need prior to arriving on the MCRD you will be going to. Nerves are nerves just do some breathing exercises and get some sleep on the bus. You'll need it.

I wouldn't worry too much about what's gonna happen - Do what you're told when you're told and sound off. Keep your eyes on your main goal in Boot Camp and soak as much information in as possible. It may save your life one day.

CyX You speak as though you have been there??

Receiving you will fill out a lot of paperwork. You will probably take the DLAB test. You will learn some rudimentary gagglefork drill so that you can mob from place to place. You'll take a pee pee test. You'll have the moment of truth where you'll be provided the oppurtunity to come clean about all the stuff you lied to your recruiter about. You'll study prac. One day will blur into the next as though you are living in the movie "Groundhog Day" . You will do this until you start the real deal training on T-1

TJKUSMC
10-29-08, 12:44 AM
Recieving sucked! I didn't go to MCRDPI...was at MCRDSD but the recieving there was crappy. I remember all of us falling asleep on the cold metal benches at medical waiting for our shots. The Drill Instructors would go around and kill anyone who closed there eyes. I remember the corpsmen being worse then the drill instructors. Recieving is a long and boring 5 days until you get to black friday...where the real fun begins.

carpe noctum
10-29-08, 12:57 AM
I don't think receiving will be too bad for me. My brother, a former Navy Corpsman, is sending me on a mission. He wants me to compile the names of every Corpsman I see, so he can see if he knew them or not.

0231Marine
10-29-08, 07:01 AM
CyX You speak as though you have been there??

He has been there. He was med-sep'd after a couple weeks with a blown ACL...I think that's what he hurt.

Enigmatic
10-29-08, 09:01 AM
Recieving was like a blur to me. A scary, mind-numbing, insomnia-induced, "what the hell have I gotten myself into" blur.....

RYDERKUR
10-29-08, 11:11 AM
I don't think receiving will be too bad for me. My brother, a former Navy Corpsman, is sending me on a mission. He wants me to compile the names of every Corpsman I see, so he can see if he knew them or not.

We don't really give a rats ass what you think will be easy for you. You're really starting to **** me off. This kid asked a question and why do you feel the need to respond? Your reply offered no sort of insight at all beside self bolstering. You think you're a tough mother ****er but you'll be the one, you will. This is not the only time you've drawn my attention or other Marines. You better stand the **** down poolee. I may be taking it to the extreme on this post, but it's after several that have really ****ed me off.

Enigmatic
10-29-08, 12:10 PM
We don't really give a rats ass what you think will be easy for you. You're really starting to **** me off. This kid asked a question and why do you feel the need to respond? Your reply offered no sort of insight at all beside self bolstering. You think you're a tough mother ****er but you'll be the one, you will. This is not the only time you've drawn my attention or other Marines. You better stand the **** down poolee. I may be taking it to the extreme on this post, but it's after several that have really ****ed me off.

He thinks he's got boot camp all figured out already. He'll change his mind once he sees the DIs at the SD Airport, never mind the Depot!

TJR1070
10-29-08, 02:57 PM
Recieving is the first part of your military education, the hurry up and wait part!

Wyoming
10-29-08, 03:01 PM

WOW! Methinks the Dirty Dozen may have grown by one. Good Job!!

THAT AINT IT
10-29-08, 03:05 PM

Holy crap...

carpe noctum
10-29-08, 03:23 PM
We don't really give a rats ass what you think will be easy for you. You're really starting to **** me off. This kid asked a question and why do you feel the need to respond? Your reply offered no sort of insight at all beside self bolstering. You think you're a tough mother ****er but you'll be the one, you will. This is not the only time you've drawn my attention or other Marines. You better stand the **** down poolee. I may be taking it to the extreme on this post, but it's after several that have really ****ed me off.ololol @ Internet tough guys. Also, your reply offered no insight either. The PM system is for addressing individual users, so please use that. Until then, slow your roll on the damn Internet.

Wyoming
10-29-08, 03:32 PM
ololol @ Internet tough guys. Also, your reply offered no insight either. The PM system is for addressing individual users, so please use that. Until then, slow your roll on the damn Internet.

I'm going to step back here, take a deep breath, and close my eyes for a few minutes.

When I come back, it would be a goooooooood idea for you to have hustled up an apology to a couple of Marines.

carpe noctum
10-29-08, 03:35 PM
I'm going to step back here, take a deep breath, and close my eyes for a few minutes.

When I come back, it would be a goooooooood idea for you to have hustled up an apology to a couple of Marines.
For what? Defending myself on the Internet?

Echo_Four_Bravo
10-29-08, 03:59 PM
Listen little boy, this site doesn't exist for you to tell us what you think you know. This site is for Marines. It is through the kindness of the owner's heart that you're even allowed to post here. Many of the Marines on this site would be much happier if you weren't given the opportunity.

You don't get to defend yourself here. If there is ever a disagreement between you and a Marine, you're wrong. If you think you're right, you're just wrong again.

As for internet tough guys. I'd bet just about anything that every Marine here could use your head as toilet paper if they wanted to. It isn't just talk when you can back it up.

carpe noctum
10-29-08, 04:08 PM
Listen little boy, this site doesn't exist for you to tell us what you think you know. This site is for Marines. It is through the kindness of the owner's heart that you're even allowed to post here. Many of the Marines on this site would be much happier if you weren't given the opportunity.

You don't get to defend yourself here. If there is ever a disagreement between you and a Marine, you're wrong. If you think you're right, you're just wrong again.

As for internet tough guys. I'd bet just about anything that every Marine here could use your head as toilet paper if they wanted to. It isn't just talk when you can back it up.That's the problem; it's the Internet. This tough talk on the Internet doesn't intimidate anyone, nor does it make anyone the alpha male they strive to be with such goading. It makes no sense, nor does it serve a purpose.

Artemis
10-29-08, 04:14 PM
Neither does your pointless banter. It comes down to this you need to learn respect. Start showing these Marines the respect the deserve. If you do not there will be consequences for your actions.

RYDERKUR
10-29-08, 04:19 PM
You think you have everything all figured out don't you? You're so smart and smug in your little world aren't you? Well there is a bigger world out there and soon enough you'll step out into it. You see son, my post did have a purpose that you failed to realize. It is to show poolees what not to be like (you) and how not to act (like you). Everything in the Marine Corps and everything a Marine does has a purpose, whether you can fathom it or not. I'm not the saltiest Dog around here, but I do believe I can offer insight and I do enjoy helping poolees. I've helped several and even guaranteed that a poolee, if he keeps up his motivation, style, and ethics that he will be a less than four year Sergeant of Marines. I have explained myself not to you, but other poolees, so that they may learn, because quite frankly you have lost all respect and I honestly hope you don't make it in my Corps because it's people like you that F stuff up. I hope the mods agree that you need a little vacation away from here to rearrange some priorites.

carpe noctum
10-29-08, 04:23 PM
If it pleases you to think so, fine, you win.

THAT AINT IT
10-29-08, 04:25 PM
Hey you guess what? You don't serve a purpose either. Is it like "let's be disrespectful" month or something? I bet you anything that you wouldn't say the same thing had the Marine corrected you in person. Here's some advice:

1. NEVER EVER disrespect a Marine who has been through the fire and takes time out of their day to help worthless poolees like you.

2. Never talk back to someone trying to correct you...I've made that mistake and it got me a kick in the chest.

A Marine corrected you...WHOOP DE FREAKING DOO! You might want to get used to that. You can be the nasty, disgusting one that's always got some smartass comment or you can be the one who corrects themselves and carries on. Learn your role or suffer the consequences.

Artemis
10-29-08, 04:32 PM
Permission has been received to commence fire at will. Anyone not wishing to take a round better duck and cover.

Oh and can we 10%er if he makes it that far? Sounds to me as though someone is putting on a tough guy act to make up for what he lacks in some other area. I suggest you pull your head out of your azz and be a big boy now. After all you have some desire to try to be a Marine, so quit being a little punk, show respect, and take all the help and knowledge that you can get from this group of fantastic Marine. If you don't like that idea well then shut your cum catcher and go away.

polizei
10-29-08, 04:35 PM
Not to steal the thread, but I have a question:

I read on About.com that during MEPS you receive your shots, a blood test, and urine test. Do they do this again during receiving? And also, what shots (and how many) do they give you?

Thanks

Wyoming
10-29-08, 04:36 PM
WTF is carpe noctum?

Is that carpe (FISH) noctum NUTS?

Fish Nuts??

Wyoming
10-29-08, 04:37 PM

I read on About.com that during MEPS you receive your shots, a blood test, and urine test. Do they do this again during receiving? And also, what shots (and how many) do they give you?

Thanks

This isn't a good place to be standing right now.

THAT AINT IT
10-29-08, 04:38 PM

Thanks

I would duck if I were you...

polizei
10-29-08, 04:39 PM
Sorry Marines, I was trying my best to get the thread (semi) back on track! I don't want to be hit with crossfire, my apologies.

/Duck

Thanks.

yellowwing
10-29-08, 04:42 PM

Thanks

Yes, it's done again. The Marine Corps does not assume that you kept in perfect health since your first physical. The Corps does not assume anything when they are about to invest a lot of training in you.

Artemis
10-29-08, 04:43 PM
polizei (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/member.php?u=55205)

I will be nice and give you an answer. When I went through in 2002 you did get a urine test at MEPS but no shots or a blood test. However times change and might I suggest that you open your own thread since this one is now full of rounds coming down range.

Wyoming
10-29-08, 04:44 PM

Thanks
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________
*Honor All That Serve*

This train went off the track some 25 posts ago.

You have a valid question, which has been answered before on these forums.

Start another thread, and I promise I will try to help.

carpe noctum
10-29-08, 04:47 PM
WTF is carpe noctum?

Is that carpe (FISH) noctum NUTS?

Fish Nuts??You flex superiority over me, yet can't speak simple Latin? Sorry, sir, but I thought key Latin words were popular around the military.

THAT AINT IT
10-29-08, 04:48 PM
HOLY CRAP...bigal may i?

polizei
10-29-08, 04:48 PM
Thank you Cpl. Yellowwing and those who have helped! I highly appreciate the answer to my question! If you would like, please delete my posts! I'm staying out of this fire. Thanks Marines!

/Ducks and Hides

Wyoming
10-29-08, 04:49 PM
You flex superiority over me, yet can't speak simple Latin? Sorry, sir, but I thought key Latin words were popular around the military.

I gots to go get a haircut.

Hope this place ain't locked down when I get back.

Wyoming
10-29-08, 04:50 PM
HOLY CRAP...bigal may i?

Go Sister!!:angel:

davblay
10-29-08, 04:52 PM
Sigh.......It's truly sad that every once in a while we get one of the 10%r's on this site. This BOY may very well make it thru our boot camp, then become one of the dreaded buttheads that all of us warn the poolees about, "A DIRT BAG"!

You are right about this being the internet and all, but what you don't seem to realize is that we have active duty Marine Drill Instructors on this site as well. Now these fine NCOs have excellent memories, and I am sure that by now they have memorized your name from your profile. Sucks to be you!

We as Marines take our time to answer the questions from poolees that really need or want our help. We don't get paid for our time nor do we expect any pats on the back! But we don't take it lightly when a smart ass poolee comes on here and starts insulting and disrespecting a fellow Marine! We're just funny like that, that's why we are the worlds strongest brotherhood. You MIGHT understand that, someday, if you're lucky!

I am gonna give you three bits of advise, take it or leave it:

1) Check your attitude at the log in page!

2) A Marine is always right!

3) If a Marine is wrong, see rule #2!

Son you just don't rate arguing with us, even on the internet!

I would suggest that the Mods give a few days vacation, so you can reflect on why you are even on this site. But then, I see a little good in everyone!

Dave

yellowwing
10-29-08, 04:56 PM
You flex superiority over me, yet can't speak simple Latin? Sorry, sir, but I thought key Latin words were popular around the military.

Seize the Night? I think you have seized you brain up. This place has many good poolees here to learn. Many are now deployed and getting shot at as we speak. Two years ago a former poolee got his azz blown up in Ramadi.

So you have no right to get all pizzy. We assist young folks to get ready for training to go out into a harsh REAL World.

If you can't keep your stuff together in a Board, do you really think you can do it in Boot Camp. Are you going to get snotty when you are yelled at to bring up more rockets in Afghanistan?

Maybe this isn't the place for you.

THAT AINT IT
10-29-08, 05:15 PM

Orders received and understood Corporal...FIRE, FIRE, FIRE

Learning has not occured which is unfortunate. There are only two Latin word that Marines are concerned with...Semper Fidelis. If you're lucky, maybe one day you will know the true meaning of it. We can't all be "super genius poolees" that sit around all day trying to learn "key Latin words". We don't have time for that. You are a poolee...lower than a recruit...a nasty civilian. LEARN YOUR ROLE OR SUFFER THE CONSEQUENCES!

Bigal has done more in his life than you will ever do. He was a Corporal in the United States Marine Corps...he served in Vietnam.
According to your profile, you leave for boot camp pretty freaking soon. You'll get your wake up call in the form of a Smokey on the grape of a man who has nothing but hate for you. Have fun.

TJKUSMC
10-29-08, 05:43 PM
Carpe Noctum, just a warning to you. If you have this attitude in boot camp you will lose it fast. First off, were Marines. We have earned the title..you havn't. So for you to come on here and be a little arrogant prick..well i find it funny. You havn't experienced anything yet. Your a Poolee. In my opinion your lucky to be able to talk with these fine gentlemen about our Corps. You might want to lose your little attitude before the Drill Instructor makes you lose it in boot camp...You will become the Drill Instructors little *****. He will quarter deck you 8 times a day and he will embarass your ass in front of your whole platoon daily. We had guys like you in our platoon. They were pure garbage..No one liked them.

Zulu 36
10-29-08, 06:03 PM
Orders received and understood Corporal...FIRE, FIRE, FIRE

Learning has not occured which is unfortunate. There are only two Latin word that Marines are concerned with...Semper Fidelis. If you're lucky, maybe one day you will know the true meaning of it. We can't all be "super genius poolees" that sit around all day trying to learn "key Latin words". We don't have time for that. You are a poolee...lower than a recruit...a nasty civilian. LEARN YOUR ROLE OR SUFFER THE CONSEQUENCES!

Bigal has done more in his life than you will ever do. He was a Corporal in the United States Marine Corps...he served in Vietnam.
According to your profile, you leave for boot camp pretty freaking soon. You'll get your wake up call in the form of a Smokey on the grape of a man who has nothing but hate for you. Have fun.

Good post. I like the Semper Fidelis comment best. :thumbup:

Somebody is in for a rude shock when he finds out that his drill instructors WILL "flex superiority" over him and they only speak two languages: English and Marine. :evilgrin:

sparkie
10-29-08, 06:35 PM
Any Bros living in Minnosota wanna go hunting? He thinks this is the internet,,,,,BAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA Dumbazz.

Marine84
10-29-08, 07:28 PM
I think we should gather his ass up and take him on a training mission....................like sit out in a pumkin patch and wait for the Great Pumpkin.

yellowwing
10-29-08, 07:52 PM
Aww, Kim that was a maggie drawers. :(

degenerate138
10-29-08, 07:56 PM
Hmm. This is entertaining. Anyway, when I went to MEPS I didn't get any shots or anything, I just had blood drawn. I freakin' hate needles.

yellowwing
10-29-08, 08:06 PM
Okay closed. Start a new thread on shots if you want.