PDA

View Full Version : Letter to Colonel at end of Boot Camp??

bstewar09
10-27-08, 08:01 PM
I had a friend recently graduate from Army Basic training and he said a couple days before they graduated they were told to write a letter to the colonel and report any cases of abuse. This seemed a little ridiculous, even he thought so, does this happen at the MCRD?

Marine84
10-27-08, 08:07 PM
Rotflmfao!!!!!

ecfree
10-27-08, 08:14 PM
If it happened when I was in PI,they might find you swimming with the gaters.....
TodayHAHAHAHAHAHA
WTFWhat freakin world do these kids live on ?:banana:

AaronJM1984
10-27-08, 08:16 PM
If any Drill Instructors lay a hand on you, just tell your mother when you get home. She'll take care of those meanies...lol

I'm not a Marine, just a Poolee, but I can say with certainty that no such thing exists. And even if it did, would you tell on your Drill Instructor? You're suppose to look out for your fellow Marines.

bstewar09
10-27-08, 08:18 PM
I didn't think so, nor do I want such a thing to exist, but I was just asking out of curiosity.

Quinbo
10-27-08, 08:31 PM
There are recruit interviews near the end of boot. It is not a letter but a personal interview and every single one will get a one on one. You will not get a loyalty speech from your drill instructors before the interview. They can't. Let me step in for them... if you burst into tears saying how you weren't allowed ice cream in the chow hall, and you only got one phone call and it was a busy signal, then your drill instructor poked you in the chest with his finger and it really hurt, and your guide almost pushed you down because you weren't getting through the hatch quick enough and you had a blister on your finger from doing inspection arms... That is not the correct answer. The correct answer is nothing to report sir.

RYDERKUR
10-27-08, 08:43 PM
Haha, this made me think back...not at boot, but SOI/ITB there were, what are they ECE's I think. I believe some make there way to the Colonel there. It was funny, being hazed for so long and then a couple days before, the instructors got all chill and the smoking lamp seemed to be lit for the entire few days before ECE's were done.

Echo_Four_Bravo
10-27-08, 08:43 PM
Honestly, it wouldn't matter if there was such a thing. You'll be encouraged to report any cases of abuse during training, and you shouldn't even consider opening your pie hole unless there is something drastic to report. If your DI pulls you from the rack, beats you until you're bleeding all over the deck, and then starts kicking you- by all means go tell someone with a quickness. Short of that, understand that you're being trained to be a warrior. The enemy doesn't have to follow the rules like Drill Instructors do. The mothers of America have made us weaker- don't help them further weaken us by giving them new grounds to attack on.

Phantom Blooper
10-27-08, 08:44 PM
told to write a letter to the colonel and report any cases of abuse. This seemed a little ridiculous, even he thought so, does this happen at the MCRD?

We send "thank you" cards to Chesty!:evilgrin:<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Scottie0417
10-28-08, 12:42 AM
We had interviews with our Series Commander in 3rd Phase asking if we'd been abused by Drill Instructors. They also asked us if we'd been allowed 8 hours sleep unless on fire watch and 20 minutes to eat all meals. I'd seen my fair share of questionable behavior by DI's but whatever happens at the Depot stays at the Depot

Marine84
10-28-08, 07:44 AM
We send "thank you" cards to Chesty!:evilgrin:<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

That's funny as hell!

THAT AINT IT
10-28-08, 10:16 AM
The only thing we had close to that was our senior walked in the squad bay and asked us all as a platoon "does anybody have any incidents of abuse to report?" we all said no, ma'am, she said good and walked out of the squad bay. No individual interviews, no letters to anybody, just cut and dry.
Although we did have one recruit who actually wrote a letter to the medical staff telling them that she didn't like all the "verbal abuse"...no sh!t

Enigmatic
10-28-08, 10:21 AM
I got my ass handed to me by my DIs on more than a few occassions, but if I had even dreamt of snitching on them I would've woken up and apologized!

0231Marine
10-28-08, 11:44 AM
I got drop kicked in the chest and was punched by one of my DI's the night of their Marine Corps Ball when they all came back hammered...I had nothing to report!

bigdog43701
10-28-08, 05:19 PM
never, ever have i read anything on here that made laugh as hard and long as this. WTF????

bstewar09
10-28-08, 08:26 PM
Just to make it clear, I didn't ask this question with hopes that I would be able to tattle on my Drill Instructors. I was just asking out of curiosity.