PDA

View Full Version : What to do with career

citadelmarine12
10-27-08, 07:17 PM
Hey guys,
I joined the beginning of 08 and am now in the reserves in South Carolina. I am currently going to the Citadel majoring in civil engineering, but I think I'm switching to business and psychology. In either case, I was never really fully explained my educational benefits.
What can I get from the reserves?
What are my options with PLC/ or taking an ROTC scholarship?

I'm looking into taking as many classes as possible in between training during the summer. My unit is talking about a deployment this year. I don't want to become an officer without any enlisted experience, but at the same time I think it may help me out in school as it is a financial problem. What is the best way to make the most out of this situation? I'm on top of all my MCI's, have a first class PFT and have been recently meritoriously promoted. If anybody has any advice on how I could help afford this and be successful, I'd greatly appreciate it.

I want to be the best at everything, thats why I joined the Marines.

Semper Fi.:usmc:

yellowwing
10-27-08, 07:26 PM
I thought for sure that The Citadel had NROTC. Try to find the nearest Officer Selection Office to get the latest and greatest.

Your Unit doesn't have anyone to ask about NROTC?

Marine84
10-27-08, 07:44 PM
DAYAM - I would say I think I love you but, you're not 21 and you don't tell me very much in your profile.

Wyoming
10-27-08, 08:34 PM
DAYAM - I would say I think I love you but, you're not 21 and you don't tell me very much in your profile.

Wonder how that got missed by a Mod?:angel:

citadelmarine12
10-27-08, 09:50 PM
haha why love me?

I'm just wondering what is the most financially sound route in doing this. Yes, the Citadel has an awesome NROTC unit, but who wants to go through a lot of the bull**** again? If I took that route, I am trying to apply straight to OCS, but right now I'm just weighing my options. I know there are many routes to take, but this isn't the Army, they didn't throw me $40,000 for spelling my name correctly, so I need to find a legit way of getting through the Citadel @ $32,000/yr...not even including the weekends and my own expenses and bills to pay. The Citadel doesn't really allow for a job on the side, but I've got bills to pay!

Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate anything you know.

Semper Fi

yellowwing
10-28-08, 12:19 AM
haha why love me?

I'm just wondering what is the most financially sound route in doing this. Yes, the Citadel has an awesome NROTC unit, but who wants to go through a lot of the bull**** again? If I took that route, I am trying to apply straight to OCS, but right now I'm just weighing my options. I know there are many routes to take, but this isn't the Army, they didn't throw me $40,000 for spelling my name correctly, so I need to find a legit way of getting through the Citadel @ $32,000/yr...not even including the weekends and my own expenses and bills to pay. The Citadel doesn't really allow for a job on the side, but I've got bills to pay!

Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate anything you know.

Semper Fi

She was trying to tell you to fill some detail on your Member Profile. Its required for everyone.

For 32,000 a year x4, I'd put up with some mickey mouse bull**** for a plebe summer.

Fill in that Profile.