PDA

View Full Version : A Tennessee "Howdy"

CyX
10-25-08, 11:52 PM
Hello Marines and Poolee's,

I've been lurking here for a while and decided to drop a formal hello so I'll give everyone a nice drawled country "Howdy" to you all.

I have decided to re-enlist into the Marine Corps after an ACL incident at MCRD Parris Island in 2004 (2nd BN - Fox CO - Plt. 2049). I have already been to MEPS was qualified for service and I should be off pretty soon to swear in and sign on the "dotted line."

Since I have some experience in Boot Camp I will gladly answer any questions poolee's have to the best of my ability.:)

Graduation or a Bodybag,

Matt "CyX" Clinard

JWMoore
10-26-08, 12:01 AM
No questions, but I thought I would give you a "Howdy" from another Tennessean. Congrats on deciding to re-enlist and good luck.

John Moore

CyX
10-28-08, 10:32 AM
I didn't realize where Quebeck was until I looked it up on Mapquest. I used to drive through there when returning home for the few weekends I did during college haha!

0231Marine
10-28-08, 11:45 AM
How far did you make it through boot the first time? And isn't it "Ya'll" where you're from? LOL

CyX
10-28-08, 12:11 PM
Well, I'm a learned "'neck" born in the sticks and went to college. But I guess in light of the post I should have used Ya'll :p!!

I got to TD42 or 43, I was sent to PEB during Team Week 3 days after the Incident :mad:. Graduation or a Bodybag this time. But in a lighter note the knee is definately stronger now than it was before after alot of physical therapy and PT!

FullMetalFuture
10-28-08, 01:28 PM
Knoxville here

CyX
10-28-08, 01:43 PM
Ahh you're just right up the road from me FMF. Should be heading up there sometime this week for swearing in and signing :)

FullMetalFuture
10-28-08, 02:22 PM
AH...How jealous I am of you.

Mingle
11-04-08, 10:48 AM
"Howdy" to ya'll too. I'm from Nashville. Finally some other country boys.

CyX
11-05-08, 12:16 AM
I used to live in Nashville - Davidson County - Goodletsville to be exact. Went to elementary school at Union Hill. Scuttlebut I've heard has been it was closed down though. A small part of me still misses kick ball there :)

Mingle
11-05-08, 11:17 AM
Well that's sad. I'm from Davidson county, but i currently reside in Rutherford county, Smyrna to be exact.