PDA

View Full Version : Poolees shipping out November 3rd post here!

AaronJM1984
10-25-08, 02:04 PM
About a week until I ship to Parris Island. I leave next Sunday night at 10pm. I am still extremely excited, but the nervousness is starting to set in.

yellowwing
10-25-08, 02:22 PM
Nerves are normal. You are going to do something incredible. Go down there and Never Quit and you will be fine.

Rev3ngE
10-27-08, 09:59 AM
I leave also on November 3rd to Parris Island. I can't wait to be honest. I have only been in DEP for about a month and a half and the wait is killing me. At least it's only one week away. Oh by the way, aaron can you put a picture of yourself up, incase I stumble upon you while im there or if we get lucky enough to get in the same platoon, thanks.

AaronJM1984
10-27-08, 02:51 PM
My ship date has been pushed back! Now I am shipping out November 17th. Needless to say I am pi$$ed, but there's nothing I can do.

Rev3ngE
10-27-08, 03:38 PM
Wow, that sux man. I hope it does not happen to me as well.

imkopaka
10-28-08, 12:57 PM
I'm going to SD on the 3rd. I was supposed to leave yesterday, but my ship date got pushed back WHILE I WAS AT MEPS.

Cjcruzi3
10-28-08, 03:17 PM
Why did you get pushed back

imkopaka
10-28-08, 03:34 PM
A juvenile weapons offense that was supposedly taken care of. Apparently, someone way up the line screwed up and let something slip, and even though I've been in the DEP for 10 months, my current ineligebility didn't go on record until 3 days ago.

AaronJM1984
10-28-08, 03:52 PM
A juvenile weapons offense that was supposedly taken care of. Apparently, someone way up the line screwed up and let something slip, and even though I've been in the DEP for 10 months, my current ineligebility didn't go on record until 3 days ago.

That sucks...you think MEPS would have all the info on you before you get there to ship off. Good luck.

EngelDesTodes
10-28-08, 04:43 PM
First, I would like to add that im a new member to this forum/website. My ship date was originally 10272008, but I was told by my recruiter something about my birth certificate was no good, 3 days before i ship, so i had to expedite my passport(which also cost me 200 dollars), now i ship out on 11032008, as long as my passport arrives this week. Oh ya, to San Diego, CA.

Rev3ngE
10-28-08, 05:03 PM
I'm like the only one going to Parris Island Nov 3rd than.

Will81089
10-29-08, 08:25 AM
I'll be at PI November 3, one of my friends just told me his date is November 3 too and we are in 1st battalion bravo company. What company are you in ask your recruiter? I'm nervous but I have been waiting forever for this and I know it will go away once I get there and get eaten by sand fleas!!! CAN'T WAIT!:)

Rev3ngE
10-29-08, 09:10 AM
Guess what guys.... I got ****in pushed back tell February. I locked my MOS (03XX) in too late and they closed the school of infantry already for Parris Island. Well, im ****ed but not to an extreme. They are going to give me $5000 for having to wait. So i guess ill be on here and in DEP a little longer. Also I get to have one last thanksgiving and xmas with the family.

AaronJM1984
10-29-08, 10:07 AM
Guess what guys.... I got ****in pushed back tell February. I locked my MOS (03XX) in too late and they closed the school of infantry already for Parris Island. Well, im ****ed but not to an extreme. They are going to give me $5000 for having to wait. So i guess ill be on here and in DEP a little longer. Also I get to have one last thanksgiving and xmas with the family.

Damn! February huh? Oh well bro, nothing you can do, just get some more PT in.

Rev3ngE
10-29-08, 11:44 AM
Damn! February huh? Oh well bro, nothing you can do, just get some more PT in.

yes, of course! go for that 300PFT baby!

TJKUSMC
10-29-08, 05:46 PM
You November 3rd guys check into SD on the same day i get there to check in for Infantry school. I will be in the USO so maybe i will see your scared little faces in a few days.

Enigmatic
10-30-08, 08:57 AM
You November 3rd guys check into SD on the same day i get there to check in for Infantry school. I will be in the USO so maybe i will see your scared little faces in a few days.

It's going to be nice to be on the other side of things, isn't it?

TJKUSMC
10-30-08, 09:01 AM
It's going to be nice to be on the other side of things, isn't it?

Oh yes it will be CPL. I remember being at the USO waiting for the bus to MCRDSD and there were 10-20 Marines there for Infantry school and they just sat there and laughed as we lined up outside...I'm sure our faces were priceless.

Acdclou
11-01-08, 02:17 PM
Hey, new to the site. Figured I'd leave a post before I ship. My ship date is Nov 3. Headed to P.I. from Columbus, Ohio.

Poolee Garner

AaronJM1984
11-01-08, 03:03 PM
Hey, new to the site. Figured I'd leave a post before I ship. My ship date is Nov 3. Headed to P.I. from Columbus, Ohio.

Poolee Garner

Good luck big guy, see you in 2 weeks! (well probably not)