PDA

View Full Version : Leather coreframes

ZSKI
10-25-08, 09:38 AM
Anyone have any tips for getting these *****es really shinny. I already ip'd them. Now what i heard mop and glow leaves one hell of a shine. But i have no idea how to apply that. And i want to clear all things up before the possibility of permanently ****ing up my brand new coreframs

FistFu68
10-25-08, 10:41 AM
:evilgrin: (SOAK)!!! A SMALL SPONGE W/THE MOP&GLOW,ALWAYS WIPE IN THE SAME DIRECTION VERY LIGHTLY,LIKE YOU WOULD WIPE A BABYS AZZ :evilgrin: :iwo:

Quinbo
10-25-08, 11:49 AM
Mop and glow is a really bad idea for boots or shoes. Chorfams are already shiney as a mirror so just a cloth and your choice of cleaning products; furniture polish, windex, listerine etc. If there is a scuff you can rub it out with duraglit.

FistFu68
10-25-08, 12:38 PM
:evilgrin: ARE YOU GONNA WEAR THEM OR JUST 4 INSPECTIONS? :evilgrin: :iwo:

ZSKI
10-26-08, 08:11 PM
Well I am doing an NCO development course so inspection is a big part now they are not mirror like the patent leather they are regular leather. My cpl told me something about mop and glow and pledge and shoe polish to make it mirror shine. I don't want to call and ask because he just had twins and is on leave.

RYDERKUR
10-26-08, 08:23 PM
I personally like using the clear gel deodorant. Rub it on, leave it for a few minutes, and then rub it off. Doesn't damage them and leaves a helluva shine.

Hussar
10-26-08, 11:36 PM
For Corfam shoes, Pledge makes them glister like no other. I've heard of Windex and other products being used, but Windex has a tendency to eat leather so I would not try it, even on patent leather.

Sgt Leprechaun
10-27-08, 07:16 AM
Are we talking about "corfram" plastic shoes, or actual 'leather' shoes, here?

If leather, then anything except shoe polish will screw them up, period.

If they are the 'plastic' corfram, then pledge or some other type of household dusting type cleaner is about the only thing I'd advise using. BTW, if the shoes are scratched or otherwise damaged, dump em, because they can't be fixed.

ZSKI
10-27-08, 02:33 PM
Actual leather oxford style shoes made by bates.

FistFu68
10-27-08, 03:19 PM
:evilgrin: I HAD A SPECIAL PAIR 4INSPECTIONS,AFTER I MOPED AND GLOWED THEM 4 SHOW;THEN AFTER INSPECTION I'D PUT EACH SHOE IN A SEPERATE PLASTIC BAG.THEN NEXT INSPECTION I'D TRICK THEM OUT AGAIN.CHIT I GOT AWAY W/THIS 4 3YEARS.WHO GAVE A CHIT AFTER THAT,I WASN'T GONNA WEAR THEM ON THE STREETS OR KEEP THEM 2 HAND DOWN 2 MY KIDS :D :iwo: