PDA

View Full Version : Hey Poolees!

carpe noctum
10-24-08, 02:03 PM
What attracted you to signing up? Remembering this reason during recruit training will be a strong source of motivation while our bodies and brains are pushed past their limits, so spill 'em!

What finalized the deal and got you into MEPS and to either SD or PI?

For me, the brotherhood. I thought my recruiter was feeding me BS about it until I saw it over the weekend at mini boot camp. They aren't lying when they say their brotherhood is fierce and strong, like a true family.

Fender104
10-24-08, 02:15 PM
what convinced me is the brotherhood as well
what made me choose the marines was that they asked me what i wanted to do for them. I spoke with army, navy, and airforce recruiters and they told me what they could do for me bounus and schooling and stuff .The Marines asked me what i wanted to do for them. What i wanted to get into, that was the first question. Thats why i choose to take the journey.

FullMetalFuture
10-24-08, 02:52 PM
I just wanna serve. The brotherhood is just a perk, but showing my gratitude to the country that allows me(at this point) to do I want to do without fear is amazing. My uncle is a Great Marine and I'd love to follow in his footsteps.

MarinesFTW
10-24-08, 03:37 PM
AHHAHAH NO WAY!! Im from Willmer MINNESOTA we were St. Cloud RSS what one were you from? Ye those DI's were crazy but the Girls... They had the worst there DI LIVED with them.... That girl DI effed me up a few times man it was great fun...

PS: Your sig is from the DI's... lol

carpe noctum
10-24-08, 03:53 PM
AHHAHAH NO WAY!! Im from Willmer MINNESOTA we were St. Cloud RSS what one were you from? Ye those DI's were crazy but the Girls... They had the worst there DI LIVED with them.... That girl DI effed me up a few times man it was great fun...

PS: Your sig is from the DI's... lolBURNSVILLE! We took home the trophy! Not sure what it's called, but we got it for winning the three field meets on Friday. Remember the event where we spun on baseball bats, low-crawled, spun then crab-walked back? I skinned my knees pretty bad diving down for the low-crawl, haha.

We had one girl from our RSS in the girl's platoon. I asked her on Sunday if she had fun, and all she gave me was a cold, dead stare. I tried not to laugh, my Staff Sergeant said they went through a hell 20 times worse than we (males) did.

MarinesFTW
10-24-08, 04:04 PM
Yah i know you guys took it, i got messed up on the other crawling event.. they made us go thru pine cones (yep cut my arm bad), and i had 2 girls in my RSS they both looked like they came back from Boot for real...

ecfree
10-24-08, 04:07 PM
what convinced me is the brotherhood as well
what made me choose the marines was that they asked me what i wanted to do for them. I spoke with army, navy, and airforce recruiters and they told me what they could do for me bounus and schooling and stuff .The Marines asked me what i wanted to do for them. What i wanted to get into, that was the first question. Thats why i choose to take the journey.

FENDER104,YOU WILL CAPITALIZE MARINES AT ALL TIMES.
UNDERSTOOD ? :evilgrin:

Ruby
10-24-08, 04:39 PM
I joined because when i was 14 years old, my Mom took me on a trip down to Parris Island. I saw this female Marine walking down the sidewalk near the gift shop, and immediately new there was something different about her.
I went back to the hotel, and there tried to copy her walk, put the same look on my face that she had on hers, but it just didn't look the same.
I then realized it was because she was different on the inside.
And i wanted to be like that. My parents weren't happy about me wanting to be a Marine, so i went to a Navy recruiter, but i was just fooling myself. i knew right off the bat that he didn't have what that Marine had, and that's the only thing i wanted.
After sneaking a visit with a Marine recruiter, i figured out what it was that i wanted. i wanted the knowledge that i was doing the most that i possibly could with my life. i didn't want to just BE in the military, i wanted to become one of the best. And i knew that i couldn't be one of the best until i became one of the few and the proud. p.s. i leave in December

ecfree
10-24-08, 04:51 PM
Hey Ruby,let me be the first to wish you a Happy New Years....:yes:
Ruby,when you use the pronoun I starting a sentence,it is CAPITALIZED, I is also CAPITALIZED any where else in the sentence.
Dont feel bad you're not alone,poolees and Marines do the same thing.

Garrett90
10-24-08, 05:58 PM
I want an EGA of my own.
And I want to EARN it.

Thats my reason.