PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone...

JZfs720
10-24-08, 10:53 AM
I've been lurking around this site since May, and I finally decided to join, so I'm here to introduce myself.
Poole Jazzmin Smith
ship date 20090511
92- day reservist
MOS 0151
PFT stats, 104 sec. arm hang, 121 crunches, 22.3 three-mile(I'm working on it)
Just wanted to join and make some friends so I'll have someone to write me at Parris Island, and to stay motivated until I ship. Be blessed, y'all.

Isrowei
10-24-08, 10:59 AM
Weclome aboard Jazzmin. Enjoy your stay and if you have questions, feel free to ask or use the search function for past answers.

dizark
10-24-08, 11:08 AM
Welcome Jazzmin. I have found the knowledge that we get from the Marines on this site is fantastic. Be sure to attend the Poolee Meetings that are held usually every Sunday night at 9pm EST.

I just swore in and am excited to go to bootcamp. I am set to leave in January. Best of luck to you.

JZfs720
10-24-08, 11:08 AM
Yes Sir. Thank you

JZfs720
10-24-08, 11:11 AM
and thanks Dizark. I'm excited too. I was originally supposed to ship the day you're shipping, but I wanted to finish out the spring semester first. I've been wanting to do this for 4 years, and I know you can attest to the privledge we feel at finally getting the opportunity to become Marines. What's your MOS?

dizark
10-24-08, 11:17 AM
haven't picked one yet. I'm hoping to do 02xx but we'll see.

0231Marine
10-24-08, 12:11 PM
Congratulations on your scholorship!!! You want to throw some of that my way? :)

Marine84
10-24-08, 01:15 PM
Welcome aboard Jazz - nice to see another female in the house. Hopefully you'll stick around. There have been plenty of women coming in here that want to be one of us but, for some reason or another, very few of them have shipped.

I guess that's why we women are called The Fewer The Prouder.

carpe noctum
10-24-08, 01:43 PM
Welcome aboard... to the DEP! Be sure to memorize that rank structure and general orders before Recruit Training.

JZfs720
10-25-08, 09:31 AM
Congratulations on your scholorship!!! You want to throw some of that my way? :)
Thank you Cpl. If I could share the wealth, I definitely would, because I certainly don't need all of it.

jetdoc
10-25-08, 09:34 AM
Hey Jazz, welcome aboard.

JZfs720
10-25-08, 09:45 AM
Welcome aboard Jazz - nice to see another female in the house. Hopefully you'll stick around. There have been plenty of women coming in here that want to be one of us but, for some reason or another, very few of them have shipped.

I guess that's why we women are called The Fewer The Prouder.
For some reason, many females lose their focus along the way when it comes to the Marine Corps; due to intimidation maybe? I know I was guilty of that. I initially enlisted as a senior in high school, which was about a year ago,and after a couple months I changed my mind. Before I got out of DEP though, I received the scholarship, and started to rethink things. I finally realized that I wanted more than ROTC before OCS, and the Marine Corps was where I needed to be, much to my husband's chagrin (he's a Soldier). But he'll be ok :)

JZfs720
10-25-08, 09:47 AM
Welcome aboard... to the DEP! Be sure to memorize that rank structure and general orders before Recruit Training.
I think I've got it down, but then again, it's so easy to spout off knowledge when I don't have a Drill Instructor in my face screaming to recite the 6th general order, you know?

Achped
10-25-08, 10:29 AM
After the first week it will make things easier.

For some reason, "I better get it right so I don't die" makes you learn so much better.

MarinesFTW
10-25-08, 10:59 AM
For some reason, "I better get it right so I don't die" makes you learn so much better.

That there is a true statement.