PDA

View Full Version : Shining the dress shoes

xDarkxAngel199x
10-22-08, 11:38 PM
Im in a MCJROTC and I have a graded uniform inspection coming up and i was wondering the proper way to shine the "charlie" shoes and if there was a way to get the creases that develop near the toe area out?
Thanks so much :]]

Pete0331
10-23-08, 12:28 AM
Im in a MCJROTC and I have a graded uniform inspection coming up and i was wondering the proper way to shine the "charlie" shoes and if there was a way to get the creases that develop near the toe area out?
Thanks so much :]]

The easiest way: get Coroframs.

The shoes that JROTC students get are like bowling shoes. They have been used many, many times.

The creases won't come out.
Use Saddle soap to take the shoes down to the leather and build up the layers of shoe polish from scratch.

If you want to be squared away: BUY NEW SHOES!

xDarkxAngel199x
10-23-08, 12:54 AM
I think I have Coroframs if those are the shiny black ones.
Mine were brand new when they were issued to me last school year.
Our Marine Corps instructor said we should shine them with windex I thought that sounded kinda weird. But I've herd from a few other senior cadets that that was how they did it and it seemed to work for them but I dunno if that would hurt the material or anything.

Pete0331
10-23-08, 12:58 AM
I think I have Coroframs if those are the shiny black ones.
Mine were brand new when they were issued to me last school year.
Our Marine Corps instructor said we should shine them with windex I thought that sounded kinda weird. But I've herd from a few other senior cadets that that was how they did it and it seemed to work for them but I dunno if that would hurt the material or anything.

Lysol works also.

xDarkxAngel199x
10-23-08, 01:06 AM
Really?
So the chemicals don't hurt the material or like weaken it?

Quinbo
10-23-08, 03:43 AM
Come on now think about it. Shining up your shoes with listerine or windex or lysol etc. You only wear them once in a while cause you are combat oriented and wear boots most of the time. If they or chorfam you can use furniture polish and a soft cloth to make them look brand new. Won't hurt a thing. If you are talking hershey bar shoes see earlier posts on spit shine.

BR34
10-23-08, 06:30 AM
If you have coroframs all you have to do is use a wet towel to clean the dirt off, then a dry towel to dry them off to ensure no water spots develope.

Oh yea, and smiling in cammies is ghey.

0231Marine
10-23-08, 07:00 AM
Pledge works also! But I'd go with windex...that's what I always used.

xDarkxAngel199x
10-23-08, 10:32 AM
If you have coroframs all you have to do is use a wet towel to clean the dirt off, then a dry towel to dry them off to ensure no water spots develope.

Oh yea, and smiling in cammies is ghey.

I know but my mom was like I need a good picture of you in your uniform so I smiled to make her happy.
But thanks a lot for all your help :]]
I used the windex and they look great.

0231Marine
10-23-08, 12:16 PM
I know but my mom was like I need a good picture of you in your uniform so I smiled to make her happy.
But thanks a lot for all your help :]]
I used the windex and they look great.

LOL...you don't have to justify smiling in cammies! Don't listen to him and smile all you want to. There is enough time in life to be serious.

Quinbo
10-23-08, 12:33 PM
I know Marines don't smile for pictures and all that jazz so had to go dig one up.
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=226&pictureid=1713
As 10Z would say it looks like a bunch of candy asses grinning like cheshire cats. I think the only one not smiling in that picture is the captain.

BR34
10-23-08, 04:57 PM
I'm waging war on smilers, starting in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...

Secure that happiness!!!

:bunny:

Sgt, is that you all the way to the right?

*edit* After looking at your profile pic, Sgt, I find it hard to believe you ever smiled, the picture in the Blues must have been some kind of hoax.

yellowwing
10-23-08, 05:11 PM
I know Marines don't smile for pictures and all that jazz so had to go dig one up.
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=226&pictureid=1713
As 10Z would say it looks like a bunch of candy asses grinning like cheshire cats. I think the only one not smiling in that picture is the captain.

You still look like a bad mo'fo!

xDarkxAngel199x
10-23-08, 08:29 PM
Haha. I will smile then :]] I like smiling.
The mans in the Dress Blues look really good :]]
I dont think I've ever seen a picture of a Marine in uniform smiling tho.

RYDERKUR
10-23-08, 09:19 PM
That clear gel deodorant works wonders too.

xDarkxAngel199x
10-23-08, 10:53 PM
Deodorant? You can shine shoes with deodorant?
Wow. Im curious how did you figure that out. Were you like sitting around one day and thought you would try it?

RYDERKUR
10-24-08, 06:13 AM
I think I was kindly informed of it by my DI's but I don't really recall. It works pretty well though.

xDarkxAngel199x
10-27-08, 05:27 PM
Haha thats interesting. I think ill try it next time we have an inspection :]]