PDA

View Full Version : How many is too many???

Shadez
10-22-08, 01:56 PM
I am about to kick off my 3rd deployment in 3 years. Luckily I got a 5 year contract so i might have one left with a 3 month period before my EAS. How many deployments is to many for one individual? Were are our replacements???

Diep
10-22-08, 03:00 PM
Heck you can go on as many deployments as you want there's no limit to them. Replacements are well either ua or in the brig haha.

TJR1070
10-22-08, 03:49 PM
Hey if the right guys are doing the job then why change! Seriously it's obvious the caliber of Marines we have, like yourself, who willingly (even if a little begrudgingly) go into harms way for the protection and benefit of others. Your excellent job of quelling the insurgency in Iraq is proven even in spite of the American media. I feel your pain in leaving your home and family for yet another time but apparently the men that have been there before have done a great job and who better to complete that job than Marines like you. I can't say enough good things about the current active and reserve Marines and your deeds have shown that to the world. Thank you and the Marines you have served with for enhancing our Corps legacy and for keeping me, my family and our Nation safe. Semper Fi.

JRHD72
10-22-08, 05:12 PM
The replacements are still jumpin frm nut to nut. Wait 20 years n they will get there!

Pete0331
10-22-08, 05:57 PM
I am about to kick off my 3rd deployment in 3 years. Luckily I got a 5 year contract so i might have one left with a 3 month period before my EAS. How many deployments is to many for one individual? Were are our replacements???

It has nothing to do with how many but with how long and how many.

I would rather do three 6 month deployments then one of the Army's 12 month deployments.

jetdoc
10-22-08, 06:49 PM

You sound like you're about tired of deploying?

sparkie
10-22-08, 07:18 PM
Last time I heard, it was 12 months 'In Country'. Long ago, I knew a few who did 3. "How many deployments is too many?" One too many,,,,,,,,,,If its fussin ya,,,, Don't go. You did yer time, make yer life. Proud of ya, Marine.

ecfree
10-22-08, 07:58 PM
Hey Shad,if you must go for a 3rd time make it your last.
You've done your share Marine.....:beer:

Thank you and all the Jarheads with you,for what you're doing in the cat box.
SEMPER FI and GOD BLESS Y'ALL....

EvilFrawg
10-22-08, 10:42 PM
You guys kill me with this stuff. WWII they were there for the duration we can't hold a stick to those guys. this heavy deployment schedule should be nothing new to you considering when you came in. Didn't want the job shouldn't have signed up

Wyoming
10-22-08, 11:08 PM
You guys kill me with this stuff. WWII they were there for the duration we can't hold a stick to those guys. this heavy deployment schedule should be nothing new to you considering when you came in. Didn't want the job shouldn't have signed up

I agree with EvilFrawg.

Not to be macho or whatever, but I bet there are a bunch of older pharts, men and women Marines, that would do all they could to assist in this WOT, whether is deploying orr whatever.

I envy the lives you guys have led, and only wish I had stayed in for the duration.

Here's a suggestion - Go to 'The Wall', and tell those guys you are tired of deploying. I bet each and every one of them would shed a tear for you.

jetdoc
10-23-08, 06:56 PM
Hell they had it even worse during the Cilvil war...now that was some deep dodo.

FistFu68
10-23-08, 07:10 PM
:evilgrin: I HEARD THE CRUSADES WERE A REAL BEAR ON MIND & BODY + TIME :evilgrin: :iwo:

YutYut
10-23-08, 07:27 PM
Shadez, even though the old salts on here are giving you ****, I'm pretty sure they wish you a safe return, as do we all. I mean, they're bound to be bitter having lived under the old cliche of walking to school up hill, both ways, in the snow, no shoes, and fighting off hungry critters every day of the year (it even snowed on the warm and sunny days!).

FistFu68
10-23-08, 07:33 PM
:evilgrin: THATS AFIRMATITTY MARINE GODSPEED~2THE BRAVE GOOD FORTUNE~SEMPER~FIDELIS :evilgrin: :thumbup:

sparkie
10-23-08, 07:46 PM
Last time I heard, it was 12 months 'In Country'. Long ago, I knew a few who did 3. "How many deployments is too many?" One too many,,,,,,,,,,If its fussin ya,,,, Don't go. You did yer time, make yer life. Proud of ya, Marine.

And Yutut, My walk to school was 9 miles one way, with new cardboard in my shoes every day to keep the slush out.
I know you may have no choices right now,,, but it's your job to make the other poor bastard die for his country, not the other way. Some old farts are telling you to go all the way, but they know damm well a 'Tour was 12 months for them. Yes, way back, duration was a *****, and if really required, you would do a 'Duration. Just like me, and them.

IT AIN'T REQUIRED.

Wyoming
10-23-08, 08:18 PM
Shadez, even though the old salts on here are giving you ****, I'm pretty sure they wish you a safe return, as do we all. I mean, they're bound to be bitter having lived under the old cliche of walking to school up hill, both ways, in the snow, no shoes, and fighting off hungry critters every day of the year (it even snowed on the warm and sunny days!).

What is this? Is HaHaHa YutYut trying to step on a dick here?

Of course, I/We wish each and every person on a deployment God speed and a safe return. Jeez, that's a flipping given.

And what is this 'old cliche' bit. Are you saying your bad days consisted of the batteries dying in your GameBoy?

YutYut
10-23-08, 08:21 PM
Excuse me there, BigAl, but I had an Atari, thank you very much.

Phantom Blooper
10-23-08, 09:26 PM
Hell, these are Marines. Men like them held Guadalcanal and took Iwo Jima. Bagdad ain't Sh*t.

Deploy to you get out...wounded...or body bagged...that's what the Marine Corps is paying you to do for your five years!:evilgrin:

sparkie
10-23-08, 09:28 PM
Bloop,,,,, Do I need to tuck you in?