PDA

View Full Version : blues are too tight?

itzs4m
10-22-08, 09:22 AM
what are some ways to figure out that your blues needs to be altered?

OB MSG
10-22-08, 09:25 AM
If you can't button them up! Also, if there are definite stress bumps in them where the material is being stretched to tight. For trousers, if you have "Elephant Ears" (pockets sticking out at the top) then you should look into getting your trousers redone.

Best thing to do....PT and drop the flab!

Meltabarger
10-22-08, 09:28 AM
Unfortunately, dress blues are supposed to be form fitting. They are also rather uncomfortable. It is probably best to alter your body rather than alter the uniform. I was an MSG and wore a Sam Brown belt with weapon on my blues and couldn't even raise my arm to draw the weapon very well. You can salute though and that is the most important thing. If you wear the blues only on the Marine Corps Birthday, then start running now and get in shape. Otherwise the alterations and cost for a new set will break you.

itzs4m
10-22-08, 09:36 AM
rah ssgt
rah sgt

OB MSG
10-22-08, 09:53 AM
Not to Shanghai your thread itzs4m, but...

Melta - Where were you posted as an MSG and when?

itzs4m
10-22-08, 10:06 AM
well the dress blue coat i can button up, but i can't raise my arms all the way in the sky as if you were going to "high-five" someone. My arm can only go up to shoulder height. other than that i fit fine in the coat.

As for the trousers i might have to get them altered.

OB MSG
10-22-08, 10:10 AM
Not being able to raise your arm for a "high-five" is fine. Even when my blues were dead-on perfect fit, I couldn't do that.

The trousers are easier and less expensive. Put them on, have someone look at you as if you were standing an inspection. If they think your trousers are to tight then take them to the tailors.

Pete0331
10-22-08, 01:17 PM
well the dress blue coat i can button up, but i can't raise my arms all the way in the sky as if you were going to "high-five" someone. My arm can only go up to shoulder height. other than that i fit fine in the coat.

That's fine. Remember that your blues should fit snug like a tuxedo.

FistFu68
10-22-08, 01:35 PM
:evilgrin: Stop listening too B.B.King, And Try Mr.Buddy Guy,That will loosen You up(lol):D :iwo:

Meltabarger
10-22-08, 04:21 PM
Not to Shanghai your thread itzs4m, but...

Melta - Where were you posted as an MSG and when?
I was in The Hague from 1987 to 1989, Moscow for Reagan's summit in 88, and Djibouti from 89 to 90