PDA

View Full Version : New to the site

Schultzies
10-22-08, 09:22 AM
Hello all, I've been perusing the site the last two days and finally decided to post. I stumbled across it while searching for some information regarding reenlistment.

My husband served 4 years Active duty at Parris Island and then 2 years in the Reserves at NAS Atlanta. He's currently in contact with a Prior Service Recruiter regarding Active duty reenlistment.

This site is full of information and friendly smiles and I look forward to getting to know you all.

Schultzies

OB MSG
10-22-08, 09:27 AM
Welcome aboard, Ma'am! Take care of our brother!

marinemama
10-22-08, 12:18 PM
Hi! Welcome, this site is amazing!

How long have you lived over here? I loved my time in England, I was up north in Warrington.

Good luck to your husband!

ScottsMom
10-22-08, 12:39 PM
Welcome to this absolutely wonderful and helpful site!

yellowwing
10-22-08, 12:44 PM
Welcome aboard. We've grown lots in our Marine family.

Schultzies
10-22-08, 01:38 PM
Thank you all for the warm welcome.

Marinemama, I've been in the States since I was a child. I've never been to Warrington but I do know where it is, NW correct?

My husband was told today that two of his tattoos (one on each forearm) may be a problem. He had the tattoos done while he was at PI. He's awaiting his records from St. Louis and once he receives those the Recruiter informed him that his tattoos will have to be photographed and sent to Quantico. Is that correct? I did read about the change in the tattoo policy but we're hoping perhaps he can be granted a waiver.

I suppose all we can do is...sit and wait. Thanks again for the replys...this site is great.

Apache
10-22-08, 01:47 PM
To echo my brothers
Welcome

As for the tattos-used to be almost a requirement for a Marine.
Now it seems to be a problem ?

marinemama
10-22-08, 10:14 PM
Thank you all for the warm welcome.

Marinemama, I've been in the States since I was a child. I've never been to Warrington but I do know where it is, NW correct?

My husband was told today that two of his tattoos (one on each forearm) may be a problem. He had the tattoos done while he was at PI. He's awaiting his records from St. Louis and once he receives those the Recruiter informed him that his tattoos will have to be photographed and sent to Quantico. Is that correct? I did read about the change in the tattoo policy but we're hoping perhaps he can be granted a waiver.

I suppose all we can do is...sit and wait. Thanks again for the replys...this site is great.

It is NW, you are correct.

Good luck with the tattoo issue...I hope it works out for him and he can get a waiver.

DobbinsBlythe
10-23-08, 08:11 AM
Welcome to the site!!! It's always awesome to see new Spouse members :D

God Bless!!!

CPLSchultz
10-24-08, 08:01 PM
All hands on deck, my wife beat me to the page. That's me Cpl Schultz, trying to get back to my beloved Marine Corps and getting static from a prior service recruiter about the ink on my arms.

DobbinsBlythe
10-25-08, 08:01 AM
Well hello Cpl! Welcome to the site yourself!

APX7000
02-11-09, 11:17 AM
Cpl, welcome aboard. As I always adviced my Marines under me, DO NOT GET A TATOO. It can cost you later in life or the Corps. However, I ask, if they did, make it small, not visible while wearing PT gear, T-shirt/running shorts. I understand it is something important to young Marines, but it just makes things harder for you in the Corps due Marine Corps' changing policies per present CMC. You will always have to deal with the First Sgt. They inforce the rules. Lastly, don't ever **** off a First Sgt. They can make your life in the Corps a HELL!!!! Good luck, Stay safe and watch your back.

awbrown1462
02-11-09, 11:29 AM
Welcome Cpl and to you too Mrs this is the best site for Marines to shoot the breeze or each other lol