PDA

View Full Version : Finally Back from Bootcamp! (I was here a few months ago making negative posts )

raulg
10-21-08, 02:27 AM
I just graduated this past Friday October 17th.

If you check my old posts I was real worried about bootcamp and didnt think I had what it takes.

Well I went in and came out a Marine. I improved everything each time we had to do a IST or PFT.

If I can get through this then so can you. Just check my old posts and hear me now.

Hope this inspires some of you who dont think your ready.

yellowwing
10-21-08, 02:56 AM
Ohh Rahh! Congratualtions Marine! Semper Fi :usmc:

SupChf
10-21-08, 08:08 AM
Welcome to the ranks Devil Dog!! Congrats!

Gunz out ~

0231Marine
10-21-08, 08:34 AM
Congratulations Private!!!

Did you end up sticking with Admin or are you heading somewhere else after MCT?

dizark
10-21-08, 08:54 AM
Congrats Marine!

Mind if I ask how many pullups you did going into bootcamp, and how many you did at the final PFT? Same with your crunches and runtime for both the IST at the beginning and PFT at the end?

ecfree
10-21-08, 09:06 AM
OOOOO RAH
MARINE.
A job well done,keep up the good work jar head....:iwo:

Enigmatic
10-21-08, 09:42 AM

Admin? Finally another 01 on here? Hey, let me know too, I'll teach you some cool tricks of the trade :D

Congratualtions, Marine

TJR1070
10-21-08, 10:28 AM
Congratulations Marine! Welcome to the Brotherhood.

raulg
10-21-08, 12:18 PM
Thanks for the replies.

I went in doing 3 pullups, 8 minute mile run, and 44 crunches.... Never was able to run 3 miles straight and never timed myself for it but it was atleast 30 minutes.

I came out doing 12 pullups, 22 minute 3 mile run, and 103 crunches. I know it isn't the best PFT but I improved each time. Going in barely doing the minimum and coming out with a much better PFT shows Drill Instructors that you actually tried and put out.

Yeah I stuck with Admin. Heading to MCT in the start of November and dont know from there.

Admin? Finally another 01 on here? Hey, let me know too, I'll teach you some cool tricks of the trade :D

Congratualtions, Marine

Do you know where the school im going to is? and does my orders show the number of my MOS?

So how is it being Admin?

dizark
10-21-08, 12:58 PM
Thanks for the replies.

I went in doing 3 pullups, 8 minute mile run, and 44 crunches.... Never was able to run 3 miles straight and never timed myself for it but it was atleast 30 minutes.

I came out doing 12 pullups, 22 minute 3 mile run, and 103 crunches. I know it isn't the best PFT but I improved each time. Going in barely doing the minimum and coming out with a much better PFT shows Drill Instructors that you actually tried and put out.

that's outstanding in my eyes, sir. I think I'm in the same boat you were in at the beginning. I look to do better before going to bootcamp, so long as BUMED gives me the thumbs up soon. I see all these poolees doing so much better, and felt that I was the weakest link, but it's comforting to know that I'm not the only one who started out mediocre, and can/will improve.

Thank you.

Enigmatic
10-21-08, 02:20 PM
Do you know where the school im going to is? and does my orders show the number of my MOS?

So how is it being Admin?

Yeah, after MCT you're going to PA (Personnel Administration) School at Camp Johnson, NC. You'll have fun there (assuming you know how to make your own fun...not much to do there). Its pretty easy. The hardest part for me was figuring out what to do with so many female Marines! You'll see a lot there! You'll either be an 0151, which means you'll be assigned to the Battlion S-1 shop or the Division G-1 shop, or you'll be an 0121, and you'll be assigned to a PAC. The good thing about that school is they're pretty good at giving you your pick of duty station. Admin can go anywhere so it's not unusual for you to recieve orders to say, Rota, Spain or some Air Force base with a Marine detcahment for your first duty station.

Anyways, my admin experience was a little different. I never worked at an admin shop, I always worked for a 1stSgt as a company clerk, first in Oki, than in VA. It was ok, lots of paperwork and....more paperwork. A lot of guys love it but it wasn't really for me, soon as I lose the gut I'm going back and latmoving to grunt. If you wanna know anything, PM me.