PDA

View Full Version : new LCpl!

marinemama
10-20-08, 11:50 AM
I am so happy and wanted to share with people that actually understand. :banana:

My oldest is graduating tomorrow from Engineering at Ft Leonard Wood, as a LCpl! Yeah! He was top of his class, among all the branches, the entire MOS and worked so very hard. All first class PFT's and never missed a single day. He was surprised that even when they went to Uniques, he stayed on the top. I am so excited for him, he wasn't sure all this time if it would happen, or if they were just telling him that to keep him on the top! He will fly through Phoenix tomorrow, on his way to Yuma, so I hope I can see him for a few minutes.

My other son, is happy at AP Hill, at least now that the rain has stopped. He is really cold though. He and a really nice Corporal are out at Retrans, and enjoying the Corporal's laptop and a couple of movies. He sounds good.

Just wanted to share my news! Thanks everyone for your support and help. The Marines on here are amazing!

Artemis
10-20-08, 12:05 PM
Congrats to you and especially your son. It is hard to get that top spot sometimes but he did it.

marinemom
10-20-08, 01:22 PM
COngratulations to you and your boys - Remember, you may look ordinary, BUT you raised Marines!

AP Hill is not that far from me - if he is going to be there a while, have him PM me - we'll fix up a home cooked meal or two.

ScottsMom
10-21-08, 10:41 AM
Congratulations!!! I know all to well the pride you are feeling....

DevsDad
10-21-08, 11:23 AM
Congrats to you and your Marine! Outstanding!

yellowwing
10-21-08, 11:32 AM
No doubt your sons have the precence and bearing to serve. In the lime light or harsh duty, we do our job.

Isrowei
10-21-08, 11:38 AM
Congrats to you and your boys!

pheartnov2904
10-21-08, 11:43 AM
That is great to hear and I hope your son enjoys his future in the Marine Corps.

marinemama
10-21-08, 12:21 PM
Thanks everyone! I just can't stop smiling today :o) I know he worked really hard, I am so glad it paid off for him. I know he will miss his friends, they are great Marines, but he is looking forward to meeting new ones in Yuma. All of you can understand my excitement, whereas the civilians I know, couldn't really be bothered. I am glad you all are here!

Marinemom, Eric says thanks, he wishes he could leave the hill to have something other than MRE's, but he isn't allowed. You are really sweet to offer that though.

Fingers crossed they let me see him at the airport tonight.

DAMNPROUD
10-21-08, 01:42 PM
MARINEMAMA, you are so right about the civillian part,most dont understand.guess what i dont care!they will continue to hear my pride in my son, the Marines ,and our beloved America. DAMPROUD OF EM ALL!
keith

TJR1070
10-21-08, 02:20 PM
Congratulations to your son and I hope both your sons have much success in their future endeavors. Thank you for raising two men of such fine character.

Wardey
10-21-08, 03:10 PM
I just left Ft. "Lost in the Woods" yesterday !!! I was up there all weekend. My son is there also. Congrats on your son !!! Dave

marinemama
10-22-08, 11:08 AM
I have great news to report....The airport let me meet his plane and stay with him until his connection left. Yeah! I was so happy I sent the airline a message when I got home with the names of the people that helped me. It was so wonderful to see him! He had all his papers from his graduation with him, so he was able to strut his stuff a little for his Mom. :o) I am so proud of both of my son's, and I appreciate the support on here.

Corpspapa
10-26-08, 11:21 PM
I can't believe I missed this thread.....

Congratulations, MarineMama, to your knew LCpl. That's it for the freebies, now he's gotta earn 'em. And, judging by your report, that should not be a problem.

Ooh-Rah!