PDA

View Full Version : Marine Combat Pilot

duarte
10-19-08, 09:34 PM
Okay, so i got in the DEP about 4 weeks ago. When i went to MEPS I knew i wanted to try the Corp but i didn't know what job to choose. So i enlisted for an open contract. After evaluating some of the jobs, i decided to go for Legal Admin. After time went by, i learned about MECEP, and I learned about fighter pilots. Im graduting from high school next may, and leaving for bootcamp next august.

Now my questions are:
Was there any kind of contract i should've signed to be able to be a fighter pilot? If so, can i still change over?

And last, what are my paths that i can take to be a Marine Fighter Pilot? I mean you have to be an officer, but im just graduating from high school.

Im really stressed about this... is there anybody that can please help me? it would all be much appreciated..

FLRULZURSHPSCKS
10-19-08, 10:01 PM
You're right, you have to be an officer. That either means go to college now and then officer and try to get a pilot seat, or stick with enlisted for now then do the officer thing and get a pilot seat. You'll probably get some better answers, this is just a basic idea of what you'd need to do.

rvillac2
10-19-08, 10:45 PM
You need to pursue an officer's commission to become a pilot.
MECEP is just one route to become an officer.
The first thing you need to do is start taking classes towards a college degree.

Diep
10-20-08, 01:08 AM
You can go enlisted first if that's what you want. Then take classes while you're in which are paid for. And once you get your degree you can become commissioned and try and become a pilot.

Echo_Four_Bravo
10-20-08, 09:22 AM
There are many ways to get to the commission you're after. If you have decent grades now there are some plans that will get the Marine Corps to send you to college. If you have really good grades you can pursue the Naval Academy. If that isn't the case for you, just get your degree on your own, make good grades in college, be a good Marine, and put in a package. There is a long tradition of former enlisted Marines serving as officers.

Diep
10-20-08, 11:18 AM
There are many ways to get to the commission you're after. If you have decent grades now there are some plans that will get the Marine Corps to send you to college. If you have really good grades you can pursue the Naval Academy. If that isn't the case for you, just get your degree on your own, make good grades in college, be a good Marine, and put in a package. There is a long tradition of former enlisted Marines serving as officers.

Like good 'ol Dan! :evilgrin:

duarte
10-20-08, 04:17 PM
thanks a lot.. its much appreciated.. this are the exact answers to what i was trying to find out. :)

FromMD
10-20-08, 06:06 PM
They can promise you a spot in flight school provided you pass the flight physical and OCS. However, they can't promise what you will be flying (helicopters or fixed wing...). Regardless of what you choose to do, good luck!

duarte
10-20-08, 08:42 PM
thanks for that good luck, i needed that is that ha ha. i still like the idea. once again thanks everyone.

FLRULZURSHPSCKS
10-20-08, 10:23 PM
Saying thanks for the good luck to most of us enlisted it is sometimes overlooked if you were to not use rank. However, it was an officer who just wished you the good luck, so you need to say "Thanks for the good luck, Sir."

Diep
10-21-08, 01:19 AM
wow I just realized your name said Duarte. I have a buddy of mine that is with me in iraq right now and his last name is Duarte as well. Corporal type. sorry that was off topic haha

duarte
10-21-08, 02:37 PM
i apologize.. you are very right. Thanks for the good luck, Sir. and Corporal, that's hell of nice to know that I won't be the only Duarte once i go through recruit training ha ha.