PDA

View Full Version : " To those who have gone before "

teufelhunden17
10-19-08, 08:20 PM
Last year the Commandant sent a message that all Marine Corps Units and Marine veterans set aside a place of honor " To those who have gone before " in their formal ceremonies and Birthday celebrations. In that message it was stated that this change would be implemented into the Drills and Ceremonies manual. Has it? And if so, can someone perhaps direct me to a current version? That would be great. If not I will continue to use the same ceremony we have in the past. Thanks.

Semper Fi-:flag:

ronr418
11-04-08, 09:00 AM
I have bad news to past on.... over this past weekend two great Marine heroes past away and reported aboard to heaven..... ' when a Marine dies and goes to heaven and salutes St. Peter... another Marine reporting for duty sir, for I have served my time in Hell...'
Former Commandant of the Marine Corps, General Robert Barrow, life member of the Chosin Frozen. When as a Captain of Fox Company, held the high ground while the 1st Mar. Div. attack 8 Chinese Infantry Divisions from Chosin Reservoir to Haragaru which resulted in smashing the Chinese effectively eliminating them as a fighting force. The Chinese Army struck those division from their rolls. Gen. Barrow was Commandant when I joined the Corps in 1979.
Lt. Col. John Ripley, last Marine hero from the Vietnam War. As a Captain was ordered to hold a bridge with 500 men against 20,000 NVA soldiers and 200 tanks. placed explosives under the bridge, blowing it up thus preventing the NVA from crossing during the NVA Easter Offensive of 1972. Capt. Ripley also directed naval gunfire agaist the NVA trying to cross the river at a shallow area preventing the NVA from seizing South Vietnam until 1975 after all US military personnel were pulled from Vietnam.
Two great Marines have past ffrom this life to the next. They will sorely be missed.