PDA

View Full Version : Meritorious/Contract 1stLt.?

IMPERATOR
10-18-08, 04:09 PM
I have read all the rules of posting, utilized the search feature and dug in vast tomes of Marine Corps lore and knowledge and still have not been able to get the straight scoop on this topic. I am currently a Sergeant in the reserves after having served one enlistment on active duty. I have been selected to attend OCS this upcoming January for OCC and have heard rumors of some Candidates being commissioned as First Lieutenants. I am well aware of the program in place for those doing PLC Law or a similar program within the JAG Corps but can find nothing concrete for non-JAG types. I would greatly appreciate any guidance any of you can offer as this is somewhat confusing. I understand its quite common to start at an advanced grade when enlisting but I don't believe the same to be true outside of the legal field. Any insights? Thanks Marines and Semper Fidelis!

Quinbo
10-18-08, 05:01 PM
I have searched my brain housing group and came up with only one exception beyond lawyers. If you are exceptional above and beyond, you can be frocked into 1st Lt. and put on a silver bar above your peers. You would still continue to be paid as a second until time was due.

Wyoming
10-18-08, 08:46 PM
Sgt Tillery, even though I can't answer your questions, I would like for your post to go forth as a fine example of HOW a poolee/wannabee should conduct themsleves.

I wish you well, and sincerely hope to see bars on your shoulders soon.

Thank you for your service.

jinelson
10-18-08, 09:23 PM
Sgt Tillery, even though I can't answer your questions, I would like for your post to go forth as a fine example of HOW a poolee/wannabee should conduct themsleves.

I wish you well, and sincerely hope to see bars on your shoulders soon.

Thank you for your service.

I second Als sentiments bro and I also wish you well on your mission to become an Officer of Marines.

OORAH!!!

Jim