PDA

View Full Version : Feeling like I need to be back in!

Cpl Govenor
10-17-08, 09:51 PM
I have a question for ya'll (since I have been browsing the sight and you guys are extreamly helpful). I have felt the Civilian workforce is definatly not for me and it seems 90% of all of them are...

jarhead-0311
10-18-08, 09:44 AM
hey i got out of the corps in 03" and came back in in jan of 08" all my paperwork took about 2 months from start to the day i swore back in ..i worked at the recruiting station for about a month until i got orders to 3/8..but i can tell you that you will have to loose the weight before they can do anything because you will have to go to meps for a physical at meps they will weigh you to make sure you are within regs...after that is done they will send your paper work to marine corps hdqts for approval once it approved you will go back to meps and weigh in again before you swear back in ..as far as the pft if you recruiters are cool they will hook you up w/ a good pft score..

Marine84
10-18-08, 09:47 AM
I know what your going to say, "talk to the recruiters" I did, and they said I need a first class PFT

Well.........................can you still do one?

And welcome aboard, by the way.

Marine84
10-18-08, 09:50 AM
as far as the pft if you recruiters are cool they will hook you up w/ a good pft score..

SAY WHAT?

Stand by for incoming fire!

Cpl Govenor
10-18-08, 02:49 PM
I could Probably do a high 2nd class, but first class would be tricky till i lost the spare tire.

Thank you guys very much and I will work on my PFT and then go back to the recruiters. Thanks alot for the help! OOORAH!

Pete0331
10-18-08, 03:25 PM
I could Probably do a high 2nd class, but first class would be tricky till i lost the spare tire.

Thank you guys very much and I will work on my PFT and then go back to the recruiters. Thanks alot for the help! OOORAH!

Some recruiters are lenient about the PFT.

Zuc21
10-21-08, 11:05 AM
You definitely need to lose the weight first. Just like Jarhead-0311 said...You have to go to Meps and pass the physical and the weigh in is part of it. I just got back in on September 19, 2008. I was "conviently" within regulations at my weight limit. Right now I'm concentrating on my run before I get to my duty station. I could still lose a couple pounds.

willjr75
10-21-08, 11:35 AM
Have you considered working law enforcement and signing up with the Reserves. You'll get the best of both worlds. Law enforcement personel are a lot more motivated and take their jobs much more seriously than civilians do.

Enigmatic
10-21-08, 11:38 AM
I'm in the same boat, I gained a shiat-load of weight since being assigned to 1stCivDiv. I've been losing the weight but I know it can't happen for a few months. Still, it's worth the time and effort to get back in them cammies.

sgtmutt
10-21-08, 12:25 PM
Fellas,
I got out at the end 0f '03 and got into law enforcement. My plan was go stay out for a year,my probation year, then re-enter in the USMCR. Like most plans that did not survive first contact. Four years later, and another kid (4), when I could not stifle the urges any longer and my youngest was old enough I tried to get back in. Oh by the way I was 40 pounds heavy. I still have not made it back in but I did take action. It sounds kinda wussy but I started weight watchers. I dropped 15 pounds in a couple of months safely. I also fell victim to the three year rule. Towards the end of my career (10 years) I depended on the fat waiver for running a 1st class so I assumed I could get back in on it. I found out that if you're out over 3 years, for Sgt's and below, you have to meet initial hight weight standards.

:usmc: