PDA

View Full Version : Just wanted to introduce myself

MrRobert
10-17-08, 09:14 PM
Good evening, <br />
<br />
What's up guys. I've made a few posts and I decided I should introduce myself. Poolee Gilbertz here. I picked my screen name because my recruiter calls me Mr.Robert all the time. <br />

SGT7477
10-18-08, 07:58 AM
Drop the guy thing we are Marines.

Achped
10-18-08, 11:55 AM
Good on you for joining and stepping onto that road of a thousand (or maybe thousands) miles. Two years from now you may find yourself riding on top of an MRAP in Afghanistan putting rounds down range. It flies by!

That being said, get those pullups and crunches up. 8 pullups is unsat! Whats your ship date?

MrRobert
10-18-08, 12:05 PM
It is 11/03 but it's being pushed back to another date because my mom is going into neck surgery on the 28th.

The crunches and pull ups are coming up. I'm doing a pyramid PT plan for pull ups right now plus supplementing it with push ups. The crunches are coming. Those have been the easiest thing to improve yet. I have a long road to go with my pull ups though.

Marine84
10-18-08, 02:08 PM
I'm not a guy....................sorry.

Echo_Four_Bravo
10-18-08, 02:30 PM
Well, I am a guy- so I guess this was addressed to me.

Looks like you're going to be ahead of many of your peers when you get to boot camp. Keep working on the pull ups and crunches. Really, there is no excuse to not max out the crunches.

Best of luck, you'll soon find you made the right decision.

BigGunz90
10-18-08, 05:54 PM
Welcome aboard fellow poolee.

jinelson
10-18-08, 07:02 PM
Welcome Aboard!

Jim

MrRobert
10-19-08, 02:04 PM
I apologize for starting out the post by saying guys. Everyone here is a poolee, a wannabe, or a Marine. Everyone please accept my apologies.

I'm very excited about the chance to become a Marine. I'm busting my butt to get in the best shape I can.

On another note this site is great. From the great information to help poolees prepare, to the brotherhood that is shown between Marines, all this has really reaffirmed my decision to join. Every post I see is just more motivation. The inspiration threads are nothing short of amazing. I just hope I can live up to the standard set before me.